PDA

View Full Version : Anticipating spring

Swiss Roll
12-19-2006, 11:11
I have never been able to get all that jazzed about spring. For me, it comes along queitly and unnoticed until its too late and it's already 90 degrees. I guess I didn't have a marker, like a holiday, that I associate with its arrival. But now I do. I discovered Whiteblaze this year and became entranced by the thru-hiker journals. I can't wait to follow one or two of this years crop.

Hammock Hanger
12-19-2006, 11:16
I too am longing for spring. Not to read but to write. I will be heading north from the FL/AL trail head north come April!!! Here's to a quick winter.

rafe
12-19-2006, 11:30
I have never been able to get all that jazzed about spring. For me, it comes along queitly and unnoticed until its too late and it's already 90 degrees. I guess I didn't have a marker, like a holiday, that I associate with its arrival. But now I do. I discovered Whiteblaze this year and became entranced by the thru-hiker journals. I can't wait to follow one or two of this years crop.

Oh, man.... every April it hits me like a hammer. I wanna be hiking. It peaks right around the 4th of April, for some reason ;). But then, some years April 4th is cold and wet and rainy and I'm thinking, I'm glad I'm in here and not out there.... :).

Lone Wolf
12-19-2006, 11:36
I can hike any time. Bring on spring for golf and Harley ridin'!:)

saimyoji
12-19-2006, 11:48
Looking forward to a winter with some snow this year!! Who says you can't hike in the winter?

Footslogger
12-19-2006, 11:52
Look forward to Spring but take each season as it comes ...

Lot's to do outdoors in Wyoming this time of year too.

X-Country skiing to keep the legs and lungs in shape !!

'Slogger

Swiss Roll
12-19-2006, 11:54
Hammock hanger if I read your post correctly, you are hiking through Alabama. Are you doing the Pinhoti trail?