PDA

View Full Version : So Ruck

Chris_Asheville
12-20-2006, 10:57
Is SoRuck a good time?

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 11:25
Only been once, in '05, but I had a good time and learned a few things, too.

Sly
12-20-2006, 11:37
Is SoRuck a good time?

Why not come and find out? ;) Only about 10 nametags left, you want one? :)

highway
12-20-2006, 12:50
Why not come and find out? ;) Only about 10 nametags left, you want one? :)

What if you run out before I get there?
Do I get turned away, ostracized against, after driving 621 miles:D ?
I've got to get the heater working; I neber turn it on anymore:-?

Sly
12-21-2006, 07:13
What if you run out before I get there?
Do I get turned away, ostracized against, after driving 621 miles:D ?
I've got to get the heater working; I neber turn it on anymore:-?

I'll probably make up a couple dozen extras but without names or holders, possibly with a sticky backing.

Nope, no one gets ostracized unless they're a knucklehead.

Wear your long underwear, you'll be fine....

orangebug
12-21-2006, 10:00
Sly is not being so accurate.

There are plenty of knucleheads at the SORUCK. Few of us even know how to spell "ostracize", and would never do it publicly in this family friendly event.

Lone Wolf
12-21-2006, 10:01
Is SoRuck a good time?

From what I remember.:cool:

Chris_Asheville
12-21-2006, 10:59
Sly, I would like one, yes. I don't know anyone who will be there. I am trying to recruit a few, but so far, no luck!

Jan LiteShoe
12-21-2006, 11:13
Is SoRuck a good time?

Do you like hugs, shrieks, laughter, movies, food, trail talk, grins, giggles, old friends, new friends that cut across the age/class/economic/educational strta of "real" life, and kindred spirits?

Have I forgotten anything?

There will be inclusiveness right from the start, and the bonds get stronger with each hiker gathering.
:)

Ewker
12-21-2006, 11:19
I just made reservations at the Inn for Friday and Sat night. I would like to stay in the bunk houses but I am doing you folks a favor by staying at the Inn

Lone Wolf
12-21-2006, 11:27
Is SoRuck a good time?

Come join me as I lead a blue-blaze hike down the Wesser Creek Trail, the old AT route to the NOC. Involves a ford, pretty creeks and some road walking.

Jan LiteShoe
12-21-2006, 11:33
Come join me as I lead a blue-blaze hike down the Wesser Creek Trail, the old AT route to the NOC. Involves a ford, pretty creeks and some road walking.

Shoot!
I want to go on YOUR hike.
SLY!

Sly
12-21-2006, 11:43
Shoot!
I want to go on YOUR hike.
SLY!

Sure, we'll figure something out. We could find someone else, move your hike to Sunday or cancel it all together. Cool by me.

Frosty
12-21-2006, 11:49
Sly is not being so accurate.

There are plenty of knucleheads at the SORUCK. Few of us even know how to spell "ostracize", One morning I had breakfast with plate of scrambled eggs piled so high they must have been ostrasize eggs.

Sly
12-21-2006, 11:57
LOL @ Frosty's joke.

Chris, I added you to the nametag list (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=287294&postcount=82). Let me know by the Monday before if you can't make it and wont be coming.

1azarus
12-21-2006, 12:08
hello all. i just realized that i'll be at the NOC on my section hike from unicoi gap to fontana dam around lunch on sunday, the 14th, and had planned to stay there sunday night. that's soruck, right? will there be room?

Sly
12-21-2006, 12:21
hello all. i just realized that i'll be at the NOC on my section hike from unicoi gap to fontana dam around lunch on sunday, the 14th, and had planned to stay there sunday night. that's soruck, right? will there be room?

Yeah Sunday night there'll be room. Almost all leave by late afternoon, but checkout time is late morning. Come on over to the dinning hall for some grub. After you fill up, check out Kleinrath Hall. Jim and Ginny will be doing a CDT slideshow.

Chris_Asheville
12-21-2006, 12:35
Thanks sly - Is anyone going to be camping?

Sly
12-21-2006, 12:39
Thanks sly - Is anyone going to be camping?

There's usually a few. Camping isn't officially allowed on NOC grounds this time of year, but some have mentioned a couple good spots a short distance away down the rail road tracks. (not sure which way) And some have stayed at the shelter .9 mile south.

Lion King
12-21-2006, 13:20
DANG DANG DANG~!

I really wnat to go!

Sly, send me an addy via PM for a DVD. It wont be the final by any means but it will be something.
Sorry I couldnt get the thing finished as I said.

Dang...I hate missing all these East Coast things and my AT peeps.

Sly
12-21-2006, 14:05
DANG DANG DANG~!

I really wnat to go!

Sly, send me an addy via PM for a DVD. It wont be the final by any means but it will be something.
Sorry I couldnt get the thing finished as I said.

Dang...I hate missing all these East Coast things and my AT peeps.

Yeah, it would good to have you there.. If things change let me know. I'll show the Director's Cut of Walking West with Freedom Saturday afternoon.

PM on the way...

humunuku
12-21-2006, 20:00
so, anyone want to do a hike on friday afternoon and start the fun early?

Sly
12-21-2006, 20:20

I'll be stashing some geocaches up towards the shelter Friday afternoon.

little bear
12-21-2006, 20:28

I will do a hike with ya I should be therearound lunch time. and would love to strech the legs after the car ride. Im going to shoot you a PM.

Little Bear

Lion King
12-21-2006, 21:50
I'll be stashing some geocaches up towards the shelter Friday afternoon.

Hey Sly is that avatar right before the cut off for the Eagle Creek Spur trail????

Looks so very familiar

Sly
12-21-2006, 21:55
Hey Sly is that avatar right before the cut off for the Eagle Creek Spur trail????

Looks so very familiar

Goat Rocks Wilderness with Mt Rainier in the background.

Almost There
12-21-2006, 21:56
Do you like hugs, shrieks, laughter, movies, food, trail talk, grins, giggles, old friends, new friends that cut across the age/class/economic/educational strta of "real" life, and kindred spirits?

Have I forgotten anything?

There will be inclusiveness right from the start, and the bonds get stronger with each hiker gathering.

Just remember when the guys start to "giggle"...it's time to go!:D

TOW
12-22-2006, 00:12
There's usually a few. Camping isn't officially allowed on NOC grounds this time of year, but some have mentioned a couple good spots a short distance away down the rail road tracks. (not sure which way) And some have stayed at the shelter .9 mile south.
So it's taking place near Bryson City, NC?

Sly
12-22-2006, 00:24
So it's taking place near Bryson City, NC?

Yup, at the NOC AT mile marker 130 something! www.soruck.com

TOW
12-22-2006, 00:25
use to live down there, know a few people.......