PDA

View Full Version : Let It Snow ...

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 16:37
Holy Whiteout ...

We're getting pummelled !! Gonna be some great sking this weekend.

White Christmas for sure !!

How's everybody else's weather ??

'Slogger

rafe
12-20-2006, 16:42
Boston is dry as a bone. 43 degrees.

Boat Drinks
12-20-2006, 16:42
Got up to 80 today. Gonna be great golfing this Christmas....:sun

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 16:46
Got up to 80 today. Gonna be great golfing this Christmas....:sun
===============================

I'd have to use those atomic orange/green balls out here ....and even then I'd be taking a LOT of penalty strokes.

We're gonna get several feet of the white stuff before this one's over !!

Ya Hoo ...

'Slogger

peanuts
12-20-2006, 16:47
OH BOY!!! LUCKY YOU:(
I MISS THE SNOW........

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 16:49

I'd have to use those atomic orange/green balls out here ....and even then I'd be taking a LOT of penalty strokes.

'Slogger

Since it's the holidays, I'll be nice and leave this one alone! :D

vipahman
12-20-2006, 16:52
40s and no snow! I hate NJ-NY in nov/dec. Last year was a record hurricane season and a record NE blizzard. This year no hurricanes and probably no snow either.

I heard the ski-resorts in Europe are not doing too well either.

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 16:53
Since it's the holidays, I'll be nice and leave this one alone! :D
=================================

Why start now ...GO FOR IT. This thread had "swerve" written all over it from the beginning !!

'Slogger

Mags
12-20-2006, 16:54
Holy Whiteout ...

We're getting pummelled !! Gonna be some great sking this weekend.

White Christmas for sure !!

How's everybody else's weather ??

'Slogger

Your neighbor to the south is lookkng outside right now. Holy Snow Batman!

As with you, can't wait to get on my skis this weekend!!!!

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 16:58
Your neighbor to the south is lookkng outside right now. Holy Snow Batman!

As with you, can't wait to get on my skis this weekend!!!!

====================================

Yeah ...but what a dilemma ??? X-country, downhill, snowshoes ...so much snow and so many options !!

'Slogger

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 17:03
=================================

Why start now ...GO FOR IT. This thread had "swerve" written all over it from the beginning !!

'Slogger

Well, you may want to avoid taking too many strokes as you'll risk chaffing!

Anyway, you made me real jealous with this post! When I look out my office window all I see is the stupid ocean!(Of course, in the summer it loses it's "stupid" status!)

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:08
[quote=Hammerhead;289324]Well, you may want to avoid taking too many strokes as you'll risk chaffing!

=========================================

Does that have anything to do with the atomic orange/green balls ??

'Slogger

Boat Drinks
12-20-2006, 17:09
Well, you may want to avoid taking too many strokes as you'll risk chaffing!

Anyway, you made me real jealous with this post! When I look out my office window all I see is the stupid ocean!(Of course, in the summer it loses it's "stupid" status!)

Awwww, an ocean view at work is soooo sad.... ;)
I only have a view of St Andrew's Bay....:cool:

Roland
12-20-2006, 17:13
Lawns are bare, in Gorham. There's not much hope of a white christmas. We've been teased with winter a few times, but every snowfall has been followed by a heatwave.

Totally depressin'

jigsaw
12-20-2006, 17:14
snow piling up in wyoming aye you can have it.40 degrees here in western mass i work outdoors and dont care if it snows here at all. nothing worse than plywooding a roof in the snow. gives a whole new meaning to down hill skiing hehheee.

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:17
snow piling up in wyoming aye you can have it.40 degrees here in western mass i work outdoors and dont care if it snows here at all. nothing worse than plywooding a roof in the snow. gives a whole new meaning to down hill skiing hehheee.

========================================

Well ...I guess the snow is something you have to enjoy to understand.

Plus, this is the COLD powdery stuff. You know ...your car is totally covered and you kick a tire and it all falls off.

'Slogger

Mags
12-20-2006, 17:17

Yeah ...but what a dilemma ??? X-country, downhill, snowshoes ...so much snow and so many options !!

'Slogger

Think I am going to do a some cross country. Though, I have yet to tele ski this season.

Life is so hard!

Blissful
12-20-2006, 17:19

'Slogger

Man, you'd make my dh jealous. He wanted to go skiiing in Vermont over Christmas but his favorite slope Pico only has four trails open. He's bummed.

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 17:38
[quote=Hammerhead;289324]Well, you may want to avoid taking too many strokes as you'll risk chaffing!

'SloggerThat would depend on the number of strokes, wouldn't it?

Couldn't let a fellow StarSchmutz crew member down.

Next!

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 17:39

St. Andrew's Bay? Wow, I thought I had it bad! ;)

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:43
[quote=Two Speed;289358][
Couldn't let a fellow StarSchmutz crew member down.

======================================

NEVER ...the good of the many outweighs the good of the few (or something to that effect)

Live LONG and Prosper ...

'Slogger

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 17:44

'Slogger

Did you have to paint the balls or did they come that way? If you had to paint them that must have tickled like hell!

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:47
[quote=Footslogger;289332]

Did you have to paint the balls or did they come that way? If you had to paint them that must have tickled like hell!

Just dipped them ...

'Slogger

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 17:48
NEVER ...the good of the many outweighs the good of the few (or something to that effect)

Live LONG and Prosper ...

'SloggerAbsolutely! In fact I think I'll visit the ol' liquor locker and get a little Absolut. Out of my way Hammerhead. I ain't falling for that "I'm looking for my hiking boots stuff any more.

To demonstrate a higher order of "thread swerve" I'm going back to the original theme of the thread and say if we get a white Christmas here that means light rain and heavy fog. :banana :banana

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 17:51
[quote=Hammerhead;289363]

Just dipped them ...

'SloggerMmm, I would have guessed spray paint.

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:53
[quote=Footslogger;289366]Mmm, I would have guessed spray paint.
=========================

Nah ...that's a 2 person operation. I got the DIY kit !!

'Slogger

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 17:53
Absolutely! In fact I think I'll visit the ol' liquor locker and get a little Absolut. Out of my way Hammerhead. I ain't falling for that "I'm looking for my hiking boots stuff any more.

To demonstrate a higher order of "thread swerve" I'm going back to the original theme of the thread and say if we get a white Christmas here that means light rain and heavy fog. :banana :banana
Well don't you go doing the same thing by saying that you're looking for your red dress! :D

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:54
This thread isn't going to digress to math, is it ??

'Slogger

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 17:56
[quote=Footslogger;289366]Mmm, I would have guessed spray paint.

Me too, I'd think that dipping them would be hell on the knees!

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 17:57
[quote=Two Speed;289370]

Me too, I'd think that dipping them would be hell on the knees!
==============================

Nah ...you just have to know how to hover !!

'Slogger

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 17:57
Well don't you go doing the same thing by saying that you're looking for your red dress! :DHey, hey, hey, that's 'Slogger's red dress. You haven't seen me in it and you can't prove a thing, so there.

And I can prove it mathematically or geometrically if I have to. Don't make me get my calculator out.

1Pint
12-20-2006, 18:00
Well don't you go doing the same thing by saying that you're looking for your red dress! :D

Okay you 2, behave yourselves before this becomes a hammocking math thread.

My office view is of 4 walls - only one of which has a map of the AT. However, the weather has been glorious for Ohio. This morning the sun was out against a beautiful blue sky. No snow on the ground and the trails in the area are dry enough. Sucks today is only Wednesday. I'm sooo itching to get out there with my pack filled with liters of water (training baby, just training and dreaming about the trail). This weekend can't come soon enough.

[Hammerhead, 2Speed and 'Slogger - leave that last line alone!]

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 18:00
Hey, hey, hey, that's 'Slogger's red dress. You haven't seen me in it and you can't prove a thing, so there.

And I can prove it mathematically or geometrically if I have to. Don't make me get my calculator out.

Sorry, sir! I get so confused between the dress, the sheep, the mermaids(which we're still waiting for btw),etc...

Hammerhead
12-20-2006, 18:03
Okay you 2, behave yourselves before this becomes a hammocking math thread.

My office view is of 4 walls - only one of which has a map of the AT. However, the weather has been glorious for Ohio. This morning the sun was out against a beautiful blue sky. No snow on the ground and the trails in the area are dry enough. Sucks today is only Wednesday. I'm sooo itching to get out there with my pack filled with liters of water (training baby, just training and dreaming about the trail). This weekend can't come soon enough.

[Hammerhead, 2Speed and 'Slogger - leave that last line alone!]

Maybe it would if you said the right things to it! :D

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 18:03
. . . This weekend can't come soon enough.

[Hammerhead, 2Speed and 'Slogger - leave that last line alone!]Oh, I think that one pretty much speaks for itself.

BTW, what did happen to our shipment of mermaids? The invoice went through but I never saw my mermaid. I suspect financial improprieties.

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 18:04
Oh, I think that one pretty much speaks for itself.

BTW, what did happen to our shipment of mermaids? The invoice went through but I never saw my mermaid. I suspect financial improprieties.
============================

The hold-up is in accounts payable. Something about the mermaids having questionable credit.

'Slogger

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 18:09
============================

The hold-up is in accounts payable. Something about the mermaids having questionable credit.

'SloggerWell question them and get it over with. Heck, they're mermaids, waterboarding can't be that big a deal for them.

Paul Bunyan
12-20-2006, 18:12
How did we get mermaids from snow for christmas?

You guys are amazing;)

Still, here in VA, we are getting colder, in the high 50's today.

Hopefully going to have snow for chritsmas up in NY.

copythat
12-20-2006, 18:21
zero f in barrow ak, 21 below with wind chill. (12/20 12:43 AKST)

oh yeah, official length of day: 0 hrs, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. (they say 2:52 of "visible daylight," which i think includes the light before dawn (which never comes) and then twilight and dusk.)

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 18:41
zero f in barrow ak, 21 below with wind chill. (12/20 12:43 AKST)

oh yeah, official length of day: 0 hrs, 0 minutes, 0 seconds. (they say 2:52 of "visible daylight," which i think includes the light before dawn (which never comes) and then twilight and dusk.)You in Conneticut or Alaska? If Alaska have you seen Smoky Mountain Steve by any chance?

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 18:43
How did we get mermaids from snow for christmas?

You guys are amazing;)

Still, here in VA, we are getting colder, in the high 50's today.

Hopefully going to have snow for chritsmas up in NY.Just don't "axe" too many questions and it'll be OK. :D

Alright, the sheetrock's calling. Sleep tight, everyone.

copythat
12-20-2006, 21:22
You in Connecticut or Alaska? If Alaska have you seen Smoky Mountain Steve by any chance?

in fantasy: alaska.
in reality: connecticut.

i hope to rectify that before too long.

(can you imagine looking out your window and seeing the arctic ocean?! of course, you can't see anything at all for a few months at a time ... not without a full moon, anyway.)

smokymtnsteve
12-20-2006, 21:34
in fantasy: alaska.
in reality: connecticut.

i hope to rectify that before too long.

(can you imagine looking out your window and seeing the arctic ocean?! of course, you can't see anything at all for a few months at a time ... not without a full moon, anyway.)

two things ...

we ain't had much snow here in the interior this year,,,even though it is snowing as i type this

the nights can be very bright here,,,what with the northern lights playing and even a partial moon out on a clear night.

Michele
12-20-2006, 21:41

Oh ya...oh ya...well the view from my office window is........oh, I don't HAVE an office window! I look at a freakin' wall all day!!! :mad:

I'm in Michigan and am extremely upset about the lack of snow!! I had been snowboarding at least 3 times by this time last year! It's in the 40's and looks like it's going to stay that way for a while. I'm just afraid the late arrival of winter is going to mean that those of us starting the AT in March are going to need snow shoes! :eek:

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 21:43
I have a skykight ...but there's 3 feet of snow on it so all I see is WHITE !!

YO Two Speed ...wassup with the sheetrock falling ??

'Slogger

smokymtnsteve
12-20-2006, 21:44
here in AK some dog sled races have been canceled this year due to lack of snow...

last year the YUKON QUEST was rerouted cause of trail snow conditons

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 21:46
[quote=smokymtnsteve;289521]here in AK some dog sled races have been canceled this year due to lack of snow...

Ship em down to Wyoming ...lots of the white stuff down here !!

'Slogger

smokymtnsteve
12-20-2006, 21:48
[quote=smokymtnsteve;289521]here in AK some dog sled races have been canceled this year due to lack of snow...

Ship em down to Wyoming ...lots of the white stuff down here !!

'Slogger

I aIN'T even had my snow shoes out this year

Mags
12-20-2006, 21:48
RT36 (The major road between Boulder and Denver) is pretty much shut down. The national guard has been called out to pick up stranded motorists. Expecting up to 3ft of snow!

There are many bike paths in Boulder. Think I am going to SKI to work tomorrow! Why not? Get an hour or two of skiing in...and get paid to surf. :D

Life is hard..very hard. ;)

Footslogger
12-20-2006, 21:54
RT36 (The major road between Boulder and Denver) is pretty much shut down. The national guard has been called out to pick up stranded motorists. Expecting up to 3ft of snow!

There are many bike paths in Boulder. Think I am going to SKI to work tomorrow! Why not? Get an hour or two of skiing in...and get paid to surf. :D

Life is hard..very hard. ;)
=====================================

Same up here Mags ...Rt 287 between Laramie and Ft Collins is a wall of white -> totally shut down. East and Westbound I-80 is at a total standstill. There had to be 50 - 60 tractor trailers in the WalMart parking lot for the night. I drove home from work tonight and there had to be over a foot of snow on the main street in Laramie. Coming down faster than the plows can push it away and drifting like crazy.

BadAss and I are hunkering down in Casa Footslogger with plenty of logs in the fireplace and snifters full of brandy. This snowbound stuff is really hard on my liver !!

Snowshoes are set out by the door for my hike into work tomorrow. Actually looking forward to it ...

'Slogger

Two Speed
12-20-2006, 21:54
. . . YO Two Speed ...wassup with the sheetrock falling ??

'SloggerCALLING, not falling. Has to do with this bachelor pad/construction site/toxic waste dump I like to call "home," generally known in the real estate biz as a "handy man special." The good thing is it motivated me to bail out and go hiking for a couple of weeks. :p

Life is hard..very hard. ;)Ah rub it in, why don't you?

Hey SMS, good to hear you're still kicking. Done any hiking, or just fooling with the dogs?

copythat
12-20-2006, 22:17
two things ...
we ain't had much snow here in the interior this year,,,even though it is snowing as i type this
the nights can be very bright here,,,what with the northern lights playing and even a partial moon out on a clear night.

guy i used to work with, his son lived in fairbanks for a few years. we'd read his e-mails and drool. high of 5 below, low of 20 below, winds calm. and then for a few weeks two years ago, it was warmer there than in fla., where our boss was on vacation! sign me up, snow or no.

Mags
12-21-2006, 15:32
..or a Ski tour in Boulder!

Almost three feet of snow fell in Boulder Wednesday night into Thursday morning.

The main highway between Boulder and Denver was shut down. The National Guard was dispatched to pick up stranded motorists. Many area businesses were closed. Flights were canceled at DIA. And I caught the last bus before the local bus service was canceled.

Where I am working for a bit is still open though. It really is not a problem. The office was quiet, and I am getting paid to do what I would do at home normally. (Such as posting my photos and trip reports :D). Why not get paid to surf?

But how to get to work? The buses are shut down today. My truck is still sitting in Rhode Island and probably won't be here for at least another week or so. Well, conveniently located next to my house, the Indra's Net office and points in between are a marvelous collection of bike paths!

What better way to travel on a snowy day then skiing on bike paths? Was awesome!

The dirt bike path next to my house was full of much powder. Made for some slow going breaking trail. Luckily, Boulder plows the paved bike paths (I kid you not!). There was just enough powder on the bike paths to ski to work. Was able to get in a 1.5 hour ski. The path near my house was quite nice. Overhanging cotton woods, covered with snow. Ice in the creek. One of my better morning commutes by far.

Of course the ONE time I fell on my way to work this morning? Skiing up the ramp into the parking lot. The ramp that my co-workers can see from the window in the office. :) Matt stuck his head out the window and said "Morning Mags!" as I was getting back up.

So, now I am looking out at the same ramp. The bike paths were plowed again down to pavement. The snow has stopped falling. No ski back home! Oh well..hope the buses are running later! :)

Pics at: http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=13959&g2_page=2

StarLyte
12-21-2006, 15:39
here in AK some dog sled races have been canceled this year due to lack of snow...

last year the YUKON QUEST was rerouted cause of trail snow conditons

First I was jealous of the 'Slog living in Wyoming, Mags in Colorado, and now we have Fairbanks.

Cleveland USED to get snow. Now we just get winds and ice from Lake Erie, an occasional Alberta Clipper. Can't even go sled riding.

All I do is think about how beautiful it must be looking out of your windows.

And Mags you got SLAMMED with snow! WOW !

Footslogger
12-21-2006, 15:42
Dateline Laramie ...

Pretty much the same up here as it is down in Boulder. Overnight temps kept the snow light and fluffy but drifts were half way up the sides of some of the houses. Wish I had my camera with me.

Loaded the snowshoes and trekking poles up (just in case) and headed for the Post Office in my 4WD to mail off some presents this morning. Was the only "moving" car on the road I saw at around 8 AM. Helped a few stranded motorists who had driven their tiny front wheel drive cars into snow banks and couldn't get out. Post Office was a breeze ...in and out in less than 5 minutes. Course the mail ain't goin nowhere cuz even if it does get to Cheyenne sometime today that's where it's gonna sit, best case until tomorrow some time.

Fortunately schools (including the University) are closed for the holidays so only the locals out and about. Sounds of gasoline snowblowers are everywhere. One look at the skies says that more snow is on the way !!

Only one doc at the clinic, along with me and a few nurses. Most patients scheduled for appts have cancelled. Kinda looking forward to the trip home. Seriously considering donning the snowshoes and leaving my car in the parking lot.

Details at 6 ...

'Slogger

Yote
12-21-2006, 15:53
Rain and 48 here in northern Indiana.

Two Speed
12-21-2006, 15:54
Dateline Laramie . . . Seriously considering donning the snowshoes and leaving my car in the parking lot.

Details at 6 ...

'SloggerWell, if the folks in Laramie drive like the folks here in 'Lanter after a snow the car's probably better off in the parking lot. Heck, even a heavy frost has been known to screw traffic up around here. BTW, don't forget to stop by the liquor locker on the way home for "sustenance." Wouldn't want BA Turtle upset because there's only Undrinkium in the house.

Footslogger
12-21-2006, 16:03
BTW, don't forget to stop by the liquor locker on the way home for "sustenance." Wouldn't want BA Turtle upset because there's only Undrinkium in the house.

Appreciate the reminder. We actually discussed our reserve of medicinal/survival alcohol this morning. Course I couldn't even get into the parking lot earlier. Might have to grab my backpack and day-hike over to the package store later.

'Slogger, standing/leaning by ...

Two Speed
12-21-2006, 16:10
. . . Might have to grab my backpack and day-hike over to the package store later.

'Slogger, standing/leaning by ...As a former Atlantan I'm sure you remember the rule for getting around in the snow here:

Walk, do not drive to the nearest liquor store.

Of course the definition of "snow" here makes most Yanks roll around and laugh until their ribs hurt. As I said before, a heavy frost can screw things up around here.

Footslogger
12-21-2006, 16:12
[quote=StarLyte;289902]First I was jealous of the 'Slog living in Wyoming, Mags in Colorado, and now we have Fairbanks.

Cleveland USED to get snow. Now we just get winds and ice from Lake Erie, an occasional Alberta Clipper. Can't even go sled riding.

Just remember Starlyte ...I spent 17 years in Cleveland in a prior life !!

'Slogger

rafe
12-21-2006, 16:57
Just remember Starlyte ...I spent 17 years in Cleveland in a prior life !!

You both have my deepest sympathy.

Footslogger
12-21-2006, 17:12
You both have my deepest sympathy.

======================================

Acknowledged ...and appreciated ! I've always thought of Cleveland as a good place to be FROM

No offense Starlyte !!

'Slogger

Grampie
12-22-2006, 12:33
Hi Slogger. You and Bad Ass enjoy the season and have a Merry Christmas.
No snow in sight in CT. It's been quite warm, hi 40s all week. Looks like we are just going to get rain from that big storm you guys got.
Happy trails in "07". Where you guys hiking next season? I'm thinking about the LT.:)

Footslogger
12-22-2006, 12:36
Hi Slogger. You and Bad Ass enjoy the season and have a Merry Christmas.
No snow in sight in CT. It's been quite warm, hi 40s all week. Looks like we are just going to get rain from that big storm you guys got.
Happy trails in "07". Where you guys hiking next season? I'm thinking about the LT.:)
=============================

Thanks Grampie ...we headed for the mountains tomorrow with our skis !!

Next August it's Rangeley to Monson ...and a 2 week section up in the Wind River Range (Wyoming)

'Slogger

Grampie
12-22-2006, 12:54
[QUOTE=Footslogger;290549]=============================

...we headed for the mountains tomorrow with our skis !!

You lucky Dog...Any skiing around here, including Vermont, is just on man made stuff.:(

Footslogger
12-22-2006, 13:00
[quote=Footslogger;290549]=============================

...we headed for the mountains tomorrow with our skis !!

You lucky Dog...Any skiing around here, including Vermont, is just on man made stuff.:(

=======================================

C'mon out here man ...we got dumped on BIG TIME yesterday. About 3' of fresh powder ...

YEE HAW !!

'Slogger

Grampie
12-22-2006, 13:04
Slogger, How far are you from Jackson Hole.. I got two three day passes.:sun

Footslogger
12-22-2006, 13:12
Slogger, How far are you from Jackson Hole.. I got two three day passes.:sun

========================================

Other side of the state ...probably a 6 - 7 hour drive in winter road conditions. :(

smokymtnsteve
12-22-2006, 21:35
Hey SMS, good to hear you're still kicking. Done any hiking, or just fooling with the dogs?

guy i used to work with, his son lived in fairbanks for a few years. we'd read his e-mails and drool. high of 5 below, low of 20 below, winds calm. and then for a few weeks two years ago, it was warmer there than in fla., where our boss was on vacation! sign me up, snow or no.

First I was jealous of the 'Slog living in Wyoming, Mags in Colorado, and now we have Fairbanks.

just liek a Timex watch..I take a licking and get up kicking :sun

mainly just playing with the dogs although some day hiking in the Chena river state recreation area... my partner Karen (aka DOGMA)and I are planning on a little AT trip this spring...just as soon as the doggies head out to the glacier for the summer

Fairbanks is a nice little town, and rents for dry cabins are cheap here, (along with car registrations and car insurance) and despite "common knowledge" there are more females than males in Fbks. :cool: even though there is a city council motion to make outhouses ILLEGAL :eek: ,,,

I need to change my profile to my present location of Healy AK,,,about 15 miles north of the Denali national park road entrance,,,,and about 4 trail miles north of Stampede Rd kinda near Alexander
Supertramp's bus

Shake_N_Bake
12-23-2006, 13:09
For this storm I did something I have never had the oppoutunity to do before. First a little background, I work from home. I have no excuse about not being able to get to work. So on Thursday when everyone else was digging out, I was working. Also I have a vehicle that I don't have to shovel snow, period. Even the blizzard of March 2003 I was one of the few shuttling people to the hospital and such. Anyway I finally got an oppourtunity to start cleaning the driveway Friday morning. Within minutes a couple of neighborhood kids came by and offered to shovel the drive for $10. Well you can't turn that down. A little over an hour later I have a nice clean driveway with five foot walls down each side. So now I have all the fun of the new snow without all the work. Best $20 I ever spent. (They worked way to hard for just $10.) Now it's time to go play.:D

The Solemates
12-27-2006, 11:54
we spend our holidays in british columbia skiing. got nearly 3 feet of the white stuff while we were there.

Footslogger
12-27-2006, 12:06
Well ...from the sounds of things we're about to get "Round 2" of the white stuff.

Can't wait ...

'Slogger

Mags
12-27-2006, 12:20
Well ...from the sounds of things we're about to get "Round 2" of the white stuff.

Can't wait ...

'Slogger

Yep! Plan on skiing Saturday, Sun and Monday! If I cn get out a little early, maybe even a twilight ski Friday night!

(Ski touring...never could get into downhill (resort) skiing)

REBELYELL
12-27-2006, 13:25
Whenever the West gets hammerd the East gets slack and visa versa Upstate NY had the mildest December ever.Denver had the worst ever Dec.

Mags
12-27-2006, 13:47
Denver had the worst ever Dec.

Pretty good if you like winter sports! Woo hoo! :)

Shake_N_Bake
12-27-2006, 19:54
The next storm is following the exact same path as the latest one. So this has the potential to get interesting. Oh well I got my mail today for the first time since the 19th. I should be OK for another week.

copythat
12-28-2006, 01:47
ap 12/27/06 23:21 et

By JUDITH KOHLER
Associated Press Writer
DENVER (AP) — Still recovering from last week's blizzard, Colorado cities braced Wednesday for another storm that could bring more than a foot of snow and high winds to the state and cause planes to be grounded at Denver International Airport again.
The National Weather Service said a storm, expected Thursday, could pack gusts up to 45 mph, whipping the heavy snow into blinding whiteouts. Denver could get 18 inches of snow by Friday morning, and up to 21/2 feet were forecast for the foothills, the weather service said.

Footslogger
12-28-2006, 19:23
The next wave of white stuff has begun to fall ...or should I say blow ??

Temps falling and wind gusts are ridiculous (of course it's always pretty windy up here in Wyoming).

Horizontal Snow !!

'Slogger

Mags
12-28-2006, 19:39
Looks like I am skiing to work again. :)

Footslogger
12-28-2006, 19:42
Looks like I am skiing to work again. :)

========================

You and me both brother ...

Wind in my face on the way to work though. Might have to resort to snowwhoes. On the other hand, I will be able to SAIL home !!

Woo Hoo !!

'Slogger

Mags
12-29-2006, 18:39
My co-worker lives up in the FootHills of Boulder (about 7k feet) in a place called "Four Mile Canyon". Her and her husbands' car were BURIED in an avalance. More troubling? The propane tank is missing from the property. :eek:

She was interviewed by the local newstation.

A video can be found it at http://cbs4denver.com/local

Go to the video window and select the story labeled "Avalanche watch in effect for front range mountains".

Scary!

Footslogger
12-29-2006, 19:20
Damn ...that is scary. Makes me appreciate Laramie being a little farther away from the Mountains.

'Slogger

rafe
12-29-2006, 21:55
Yellow blazing (http://www.nytimes.com/) in Denver.