PDA

View Full Version : nc/tenn area

ramblinman
12-20-2006, 19:20
Two/three week hike. Either mid or late of January, or for my b-day in mid Febuary(15th). Some of the other forum members have mentioned Hotsprings to Demascus is a good two weeker. An idea. Let me know guys Im very serious about this trip, but wouldnt feel comfortable at taking it alone. Thanks, Matt

humunuku
12-20-2006, 20:59
I'm planning on the foothills trail during that time period, but Its not quite in the 2-3 week range. Your welcome to come along

Hammock Hanger
12-20-2006, 22:37
The entire Benton MacKaye is perfect for a 3 week hike. Just around 300 miles. I have done each of the first 2 sections in one week trips. Plan on finishing the third section this spring in a week long trip. Also you might look at the GA/NC Bartram trail.

ramblinman
12-21-2006, 00:20
humunuku/hammock hanger, when are ya'll plannin your trips? Let me know! ill definately tag along if(if its cool)! I can definatly keep up! I run a 5k every morning before work, literally(yes I know its different than a 50lb pack on your back). Im in decent shape. So please give me details and time of trips. Thanks Matt

ramblinman
12-21-2006, 00:21
I'm planning on the foothills trail during that time period, but Its not quite in the 2-3 week range. Your welcome to come along
Time period!

ramblinman
12-21-2006, 00:21
The entire Benton MacKaye is perfect for a 3 week hike. Just around 300 miles. I have done each of the first 2 sections in one week trips. Plan on finishing the third section this spring in a week long trip. Also you might look at the GA/NC Bartram trail.Time period!

ramblinman
12-21-2006, 00:22
I need a partner(s)

Hammock Hanger
12-21-2006, 09:23
I am hiking the GET this year. I will take a short break fro it to finish up the BMT. Our hike, there are 3 of us, is planned for some time in May. I am trying to work it in either before or after The Great Southeastern HIking Festival. == Then I will head back to my GET hike.

The section we are doing is from 20-mile Ranger Station to Davenport Gap through the Smokies.

I have no problem with you joining us. I'll PM you with more details when I am more certain on dates.

humunuku
12-21-2006, 20:18
Time period!

I am thinking starting Sunday feb 18 might work best for me, I will be able to narrow it down better after the holidays (I may be changing jobs, so I'll have to fit it in between the two), I'll keep you updated, I have a post called foothills in feb that I plan to update on. Hope we can hook up

ramblinman
12-21-2006, 21:11
sure thing brother! keep me posted.

ramblinman
12-22-2006, 17:12
Ok, Its offical. I was able to persuade work to let me off work, and I will be in the Hot Springs area Jan29-Feb5. If any one is going too be in that area in that time frame, and wants to meet up and hike some of the trail, camp a little, hit me up. Im going alone and could always use the company. By the way Ive never seen snow before so hopefully it will be nice and white.