PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a thru-hike partner

gekko
12-21-2006, 02:57
Starting a thru hike in mid-march, two different partners have backed out. I'm looking for someone to join me. I'm a 23 year old guy, if that matters. I live in Richmond VA, so someone near the area would be preferred to we could meet first, but anyone who is interested please leave a note.

Sly
12-21-2006, 07:38
:welcome to Whiteblaze! If you don't find a partner beforehand, don't worry, they'll be lots of others starting around the same time. After a short time, you'll find others you click with.

skyhiker2
12-21-2006, 08:43
I'am leaving March 15. I'am planning on going solo and meeting people. I was going to try to find a partner but I read that only 50% of the people who start together finish together. That just made alot of sense to me. Anyway I live in Asheville NC.. "Moved here from Phila. six months ago" I would love to find someone to start with and possible do the whole trail. So if your interested e-mail me.. Oh;; and I'am 29 y/o male......

RiverWarriorPJ
12-21-2006, 09:15
.."FallingStarr"..is out of Richmond lQQkin 4 a March partner..

gekko
12-22-2006, 03:18
skyhiker, I am definitely at least interested. I am actually from NC originally and I will be in the Asheville area on the 29th. I don't know how you feel about meeting a partner before the trip. But let me know if any interest holds. Thanks for responding.

skyhiker2
12-22-2006, 10:57
Gekko,

That's totally cool. I sent you a private message with my e-mail address. Hollar at me.... It's probaly a good idea for you to meet me first I'm F-ing crazy and not many people can stand me for more than 5 minutes... LOL LOL LOL Just kidding!!!! I'am the coolest dude you'll ever meet..

Spirit Walker
12-22-2006, 11:04
Gekko - any chance you can be at the Southern Ruck MLK weekend? There will probably be other 2007 AT hikers there, and there will definitely be former thruhikers there.

hammock engineer
12-22-2006, 11:28
I will be starting sometime around then. Hopefully I will see you guys out there.