PDA

View Full Version : Missing Thread?

Jack Tarlin
12-22-2006, 18:51
A recent thread on crime and punishment, particularly as regards crime on the Trail, seems to have disappeared completely.

Whazzup with that?? :-?

bfitz
12-22-2006, 18:52
Was it this one?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19800

Jack Tarlin
12-22-2006, 18:54
Address seems correct but I can't access the thread. For reasons unknown, the thread seems to have been not only locked down, but erased. :-?

dixicritter
12-22-2006, 18:56
The thread didn't disappear, it got moved to the Sensitive Trail Subjects forum from Straight Forward so that I didn't have to edit the off topic posts. You have to subscribe to that group.

Jack Tarlin
12-22-2006, 19:00
Thanx for info!

dixicritter
12-22-2006, 19:04
No problem. I only moved it to try and avoid catching more flack. Yeah that really worked in my favor.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
12-22-2006, 19:42
You're a good woman, Dixie. If they give you any more trouble, I'll be biting some toes. Note my sharp little teeth in my avatar.

ed bell
12-22-2006, 19:44
No problem. I only moved it to try and avoid catching more flack. Yeah that really worked in my favor.Good call on your part, Dixicritter. There is no way that thread could have existed in "straight foreward" without constant attention. I always thought that "straight foreward" was more of a Q&A forum. The subject of the thread you re-located was an open ended can of worms, and it was heading south rather quickly. Thanks again for all you do for this site Dixicritter. Your family will be in my prayers this holliday season. Hopefully you will get a break from all of us soon.:sun

bfitz
12-22-2006, 19:44
::Puts on chain mail socks::
:p

dixicritter
12-22-2006, 19:53
You're a good woman, Dixie. If they give you any more trouble, I'll be biting some toes. Note my sharp little teeth in my avatar.

Yeah those teeth skeer me FD. LOL.

Good call on your part, Dixicritter. There is no way that thread could have existed in "straight foreward" without constant attention. I always thought that "straight foreward" was more of a Q&A forum. The subject of the thread you re-located was an open ended can of worms, and it was heading south rather quickly. Thanks again for all you do for this site Dixicritter. Your family will be in my prayers this holliday season. Hopefully you will get a break from all of us soon.:sun

Thanks, I thought it would be appreciated much more than editing the thread to death. I didn't feel it was worth all that hastle. Thank you for the prayers too. I will be taking a break soon to be with my boys.

::Puts on chain mail socks::
:p

Better watch those toes bfitz... she's dangerous. ;) LOL

ed bell
12-22-2006, 19:59
Thanks, I thought it would be appreciated much more than editing the thread to death. I didn't feel it was worth all that hastle. Yeah, editing it would have eliminated some of the interesting contributions. Some threads need a bit of drift to explore all angles. This one seemed to be like that.

dixicritter
12-22-2006, 20:00
Yeah, editing it would have eliminated some of the interesting contributions. Some threads need a bit of drift to explore all angles. This one seemed to be like that.

I agree! Hence the decision to move it instead of edit it. :)

copythat
12-22-2006, 20:28
... Some threads need a bit of drift to explore all angles. This one seemed to be like that.

sheesh! that thread was drifting like the schooner hesperus. :)

ed bell
12-22-2006, 20:35
And it's not done by a longshot, believe me.:-?

Blissful
12-22-2006, 22:08
Glad you did it, Dixicritter. It was getting kind of upsetting actually.

Thank you so much for EVERYTHING you do. To you, Sgt Rock, and AT Troll. A Merry Christmas to you all...you deserve it and thensome.

dixicritter
12-22-2006, 22:38
Merry Christmas to you too Blissful :)

Frosty
12-23-2006, 00:02
sheesh! that thread was drifting like the schooner hesperus. :)
At daybreak, on teh bleak sea-beach,
A fisherman stood aghast,
To see the form of a maiden fair,
Lashed close to a drifting mast.

The salt sea was frozen on her breast,
The salt tears in her eyes,
And he saw her hair, like the brown sea-weed,
On the billows fall and rise.

Such was thwreck of the Hesperus,
In the midnight and the snow:
Christ save us all from a death like this,
On the reef of Norman's Woe.

with apolgies to Longfellow, but yeah, copythat, I see the similarites.