PDA

View Full Version : Current snow conditions on Mt Rogers 12/26/06

bobgessner57
12-26-2006, 09:36
Anyone know how much snow is currently on the trail at the higher elevations around Whitetop and Mt. Rogers? I am considering the AT and Iron Mountain loop out of Damascus between now and New Years. Been known to snowshoe up there but not interested in hauling them several days for little or no use.

Lone Wolf
12-26-2006, 11:26
They ain't no snow up there right now.

Left Hand
12-26-2006, 11:30
NO snow anywhere down here. Great late season hiking.

bobgessner57
12-26-2006, 13:01
I hope to get out tomorrow. I wasn't sure what to expect. One year this time saw no snow low and 15 inches up on the Pine Mtn trail and all over Wilburn Ridge and back to Thomas Knob.

TOW
12-26-2006, 13:18
i bet you it's slamming some snow there right now the way it's pouring here right now........

mountain squid
12-26-2006, 14:14
It is about 39F with light rain in JC now. Calling for dropping temps and flurries this afternoon (28F overnight low) in Tri-Cities area. Heard on the radio that 4 inches of snow possible in higher elevations (Roan High Knob, etc). Mt Rogers is maybe 60 miles away via the AT. So, currently it might not be snowing, but probably tonight. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow, THU and FRI...

See you on the trail,
mt squid

karo
12-26-2006, 16:07
It is about 39F with light rain in JC now. Calling for dropping temps and flurries this afternoon (28F overnight low) in Tri-Cities area. Heard on the radio that 4 inches of snow possible in higher elevations (Roan High Knob, etc). Mt Rogers is maybe 60 miles away via the AT. So, currently it might not be snowing, but probably tonight. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow, THU and FRI...

See you on the trail,
mt squid:banana
Please keep me posted on the conditions on Roan. I am leading a Tenn Trails hike to the area this weekend. I'll send you an e-mail asap. thanks:)