PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Trading Post

Sly
12-26-2006, 14:54
Santa forgot to bring me socks and underwear! :eek:

Not to worry, I got an email alert STP was offering free shipping and found some on sale. But the story doesn't end there, with Google checkout I saved another $20 on a $50 order! :p

Unlike SAC, who I'm totally pissed off at :mad:, if you return something to STP they eat shipping! :)

That's it, I'm done shopping! I should have enough "gear' to last me next year, if not the year after!

headchange4u
12-26-2006, 16:46
I got 2 pair of Columbia hiking pants (24.95 each) and a Sierra Designs down coat (like 85.00) for Christmas. Sierra is a great site with awesome deals. I love the down coat I got.

Footslogger
12-26-2006, 16:51
Sierra is a great site with awesome deals. I love the down coat I got.

======================================

You ought to see the store here in Cheyenne. Sensory overload for hikers !!

'Slogger

Sly
12-26-2006, 17:48
======================================

You ought to see the store here in Cheyenne. Sensory overload for hikers !!

'Slogger

I've been to the one in Reno!

The only thing I don't like about STP is getting inundated with catalogs. They need to have a no mail option.

Footslogger
12-26-2006, 17:59
I've been to the one in Reno!

The only thing I don't like about STP is getting inundated with catalogs. They need to have a no mail option.
========================

Agree with you there. We get about 2 - 3 a month and they are now broken down by mens and womens clothing/gear.

'Slogger

Booley
12-26-2006, 18:53
I emailed them to unsubscribe to their catalog mailing list and will let y'all know what they say. I get 2-3 a week!

Hi. I love your great deals and will continue to shop with STP in the future. I get too many catalogs and would like to put a stop to it. I will use the internet for any shopping from here on. Please put my name on the catalog unsubscribe list. Save as many trees as you can. Could you let me know how others could not receive catalogs (so I can pass this info on to them).

Thank you.

K0OPG
12-27-2006, 09:07
I don't mind all of the catalogs.

I peruse them in the "library" and then they fit nicely in my wood stove...less raw wood!!! But yeah, then can become an annoyance.

Booley
12-27-2006, 18:58
A fast response back from STP regarding unsubscribing to their catalogs. It's good to know their environmental awareness. More reasons to shop there...

Thank you for contacting Sierra Trading Post.

Anyone receiving our catalogs may call us at 800-713-4534 or send us an e-mail to have their name removed from our mailing list. They also need to contact all companies they receive catalogs from and ask that their information not be given out.

Thank you for sharing your concern with us regarding the environmental impact of Sierra Trading Post catalogs. We want to assure you we take seriously our commitment to the protection of the earth's natural resources, as stated on the order form found in all our catalogs and on our website. Our business depends on it! Let me explain briefly how we put this commitment into action.
We buy paper from companies that follow strict resource-renewable practices. All of our catalog paper comes from new growth forests (never old growth stands) that are managed by companies dedicated to reforestation. Every tree that is cut down is replaced by a minimum of three trees. All shipping envelopes and box fillers are made from recycled paper.
We use a high quality paper that is produced in modern plants that are environmentally sound and fuel efficient. Our catalogs are 100% recyclable. Overall 45% of the waste paper generated in the USA is recycled. We believe the most environmentally sound use of recycled paper is in less refined paper products such as card board and packaging products, not in more highly refined catalog grade paper. Due to the large quantity of imperfections in recycled fiber, it takes substantially more energy and chemicals to bring it to the level of refinement required by today's catalog printing process.
Catalogs are our "retail store" and in a real sense use fewer non-renewable resources than "brick and mortar" stores. Think of the land taken out of productive service by malls, the energy required to power them, the gasoline and oil consumed as millions of retailers consume more paper in newspaper ads and flyers than the catalog industry as a whole. Also consider the fuel consumption as consumers drive to the malls. We are mailing more catalogs now than in the past because we have greatly diversified the scope of products in our In-Home Outlet Mall. This constant, diverse flow of great products at tremendous savings compels us to offer them to our customers as soon as we receive them. Large lots will take us longer to move, thus appearing in multiple catalogs, while smaller lots will vanish in one or two issues. In general our catalogs contain more new items per issue than any other mail order company. Most of our customers are true "Bargain Hunters" and want to receive every issue knowing that many of our small lot buys appear once and are gone forever.
We recently created a series of "specialty" catalogs to better target our mailings. Specialty catalogs make it easier for some customers to find what they are looking for and help us avoid sending unwanted catalogs. They are also somewhat smaller and more targeted, thus reducing the amount of paper we use. Customers who do not wish to receive all Sierra Trading Post mailings may contact us at any time to discontinue receiving specified catalogs. The company which prints our catalogs, is likewise committed to keeping a clean and healthy environment. Quad/Graphics, Inc. meets and exceeds all environmental regulations taking an environmentally enlightened, proactive approach to the printing business. In addition, they diligently recycle all possible waste materials.
Some customers asked why we don't go exclusively "on-line" and stop mailing paper catalogs. Our on-line business has grown substantially and has in fact allowed us to save a lot of paper as we offer web-only products, and web-only sales. However, we must not discriminate against our many customers who do not shop the web. We also recognize that 80% of our web shoppers still prefer to peruse our paper catalog, and then finalize their purchases on line.
As we have grown and mailed more catalogs we have not lost sight of our commitment to be wise stewards of our environment. This requires a constant seeking for improvement and balance.
We value your comments in helping us to constantly reevaluate our progress.
Sincerely,
Donna
Customer Service
Sierra Trading Post

Our Environmental Commitment...
Sierra Trading Post is committed to preserving the environment. We pay
a reward to reduce duplicate mailings to the same household. Our
shipping envelopes and cartons are made using recycled paper and are
printed on paper fiber from managed forests. We believe our printer is
the most environmentally responsible in the USA.