PDA

View Full Version : Vasque shoes.

Earl Grey
12-26-2006, 15:54
I got a present for some XCR Vasque hiking shoes. They feel really sturdy but kind of stiff which I will need to break in. Are these good shoes?

Touch of Grey
12-26-2006, 16:01
I've got one of their cousins and yes while they are a little stiffer than most and need some breaking in if you do any semi-technical stuff or have ankle issues you may find these a help. I have and worn Vasques for the past 7 years or so and enjoy them for late fall and winter usage mostly.

TOG

Ridge Rat
12-26-2006, 16:14
I have sworn by vasques for years, they are a bit stiff at first but seem to hold up for more milage then the competitors (dont quote me). Plus if you are like me and have narrow feet they seem to fit the best. I do most of my hiking on the rocks of PA and they are perfect for the conditions here. Enjoy them.

cutman11
01-02-2007, 02:52
I have Vasque sundowner boots, the first pair lasted beyond Harper's Ferry going northbound, and I anticipate the second to last to Katahdin. They do take some miles to break in so I would wear them on some day hikes a few times before starting a thru.

Jaybird
01-02-2007, 07:47
I got a present for some XCR Vasque hiking shoes. They feel really sturdy but kind of stiff which I will need to break in. Are these good shoes?

i've owned VASQUE Sundowner boots for going on 7 years now...
& am considering some VASQUE VELOCITY trail shoes...
i've only read "glowing" reviews about them...no bad reports.:D

mythicyeti
01-06-2007, 11:50
blackmath,

I used to be a Vasque rep. What style are they? Most Vasque are solid and reliable footwear...a few are duds.

hopefulhiker
01-06-2007, 12:58
I hiked from Springer to Damascus in Sundowners, really a good boot, Wear your shoes a lot now if you are planning a hike in the spring...

Canute
01-20-2007, 00:22
I agree with Mythicyeti, In boots especially, Vasque models don't all run the same. You can't expect the same experience from a Sundowner model that you get from a Clarion.

Hikerhead
01-20-2007, 00:47
My first pair of boots were Clarions, then it was two pairs of Sundowners. I was very happy with them all. Just today I bought a pair of the Velocity's. Will let you know how they turn out.