PDA

View Full Version : Got my ATC/ALDHA 2007 Thru Companion...

Touch of Grey
12-26-2006, 15:57
I got my 2007 ATC/ALDHA Thru-Hiker Companion today in the mail. Thanks to all who made the updates and other information for this latest version available. Hopefully I can return the favor for next year as I travel the trail and makes notes.

Thank You Mrs. Gorp and Crew!

TOG:sun

stumpknocker
12-26-2006, 16:47
I always used Wingfoot's guide before and liked it fine...no complaints. It had a few mistakes, but there's lots of info and I can't imagine any similar guide not having a few mistakes.

I switched to The Companion in '06 and will use it again next time I walk. It's got the most current info available. Mrs Gorp made changes to it that were good for anyone that's walking anywhere along the Trail.....day hikers, section hikers or thru hikers.

My favorite change was the continuing mileage from Springer or Katahdin instead of mileage from places throughout the Trail. I wouldn't have switched from Wingfoot's guide if the mileage change hadn't been made.

The Trail info and town info was very good and up to date. The town maps were also very good.

I also understand that the spiral binding is now gone making it even more hiker friendly.

Good job Mrs Gorp....in fact, outstanding job Mrs Gorp!!! :)

mweinstone
12-26-2006, 18:37
shes like a friggin gorp machine!!!!!!!!! gorping thru the dreary fog of morn and wet for a trail book that hikes does it let.

matthewski does poe.

etry?

TOOdles
12-30-2006, 19:59
I got my AT Thru Hikers Companion yesterday. Pretty exciting! I can't believe it....This is really happeinging! I'm just realizing that I'm actually gonna do what I've been waiting for/talking about for years!

Minerva
12-31-2006, 00:35
It's so great to read that the class of 2007 hikers are receiving the 2007 Companion for the upcoming hiking season!

This book and was made possible through the volunteer efforts of over thirty ALDHA Field Editors and current year thru hikers who sent in information this past summer and fall. ATC designs and publishes the book for ALDHA.

It's a HUGE undertaking to coordinate everyone and meet the publication deadlines. There is a lot and I mean a lot of volunteer work that goes into the publication of this book. My heartfelt THANKS to everyone who contributed in anyway to the publication of this edition and making it the best Companion to date!

Yes, the spiral binding is gone and the mileage tables are cumulative for both northbounders and southbounders using the information from the 2007 Databook. Hikers wanted a one book format and we started this with the 2006 edition.

http://tinyurl.com/y6qaoy

MrsGorp

Undershaft
01-01-2007, 13:07
I'll be ordering mine in a few weeks along with the maps that I don't already have. It's a very exciting moment. It makes the hike seem much closer when you have those items in hand.