PDA

View Full Version : hiking socks with TOES...

Hammock Hanger
12-28-2006, 22:31
Last year I remember seeing a pair of hiking socks that had toes. I wanted to try them out as I have 2 toes that rub and thought they may work better then the silicone toe cup that I usually wear.

Now when I do a search all I get are the kids cotton type toe socks.

Anyone know where I mught find these socks???

Kerosene
12-28-2006, 22:35
Tetrasocks from www.injinji.com (http://www.injinji.com)

You can order from www.sockcompany.com (http://www.sockcompany.com) and I think REI now carries. They work great for preventing blisters that occur from toes rubbing against each other.

max patch
12-28-2006, 22:36
Last year I remember seeing a pair of hiking socks that had toes. I wanted to try them out as I have 2 toes that rub and thought they may work better then the silicone toe cup that I usually wear.

My dad uses these and his blister problem is no more. I bought him 10 pairs last year for Christmas (he uses them for daily use as well as hiking).

They are called the Injinji Tetrasock and you can get them thru REI.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?storeId=8000&vcat=REI_SEARCH&query=injinji

stumpknocker
12-28-2006, 22:40

Winton has them at Mountain Crossings/Neel Gap, Ga.

He gave me a pair earlier this year and they were too involved for me to mess with them on the Trail.

You can have them if you think they'd fit. :-?

Hammock Hanger
12-28-2006, 22:51
bring them to the SoRuck, ya just never know what a little hot water can do.

THANKS for all the quick responses.

Cuffs
12-28-2006, 22:54
Love my Injinji Toe Socks! Got my first pair from CC Outdoors and my last 3 prs from REI. I am blister prone between my toes, but ever since wearing these socks as socks (not as liners) I havent had a problem ever since! (and they come in some cool chick colors like lavender now too!)

JimSproul
12-29-2006, 12:37
I have to give a vote for the Injinji socks. I got my first pair free at an Ultra. They are light weight and coolmax. Teriffic liner socks. They warned me that they took some time to get used to. They were right but after a couple of miles I did not notice them. They are great for controlling moisture at the action end of your feet

onesocktwin
01-02-2007, 15:45
Before injinji's I had to wrap my toes with bandages to keep from blistering. Then I had the problem of bandages causing blisters because they would slip due to perspiration. Injinjis work great alone in warm weather and as liners in colder weather.

mythicyeti
01-06-2007, 02:21
Injinji Tetrasock...If they fit your toes they are the bomb.

Hammock Hanger
01-06-2007, 09:34
Injinji Tetrasock...If they fit your toes they are the bomb.

I have some coming and I am hoping that they are "da bomb".:banana

stumpknocker
01-06-2007, 09:42
I have some coming and I am hoping that they are "da bomb".:banana
Wish you hadn't done that. I bought a pair and was bringing them to the Ruck for you. :(