PDA

View Full Version : Summit Cards???

G-WALK
12-28-2006, 23:00
I wanted to make some "Summit Photo post cards" to send to all the folks that helped me this past hiking year. Heres the best place to go to do this?? i googled it, but didn't really find what i was looking for.:-?

stumpknocker
12-28-2006, 23:29
I wanted to make some "Summit Photo post cards" to send to all the folks that helped me this past hiking year. Heres the best place to go to do this?? i googled it, but didn't really find what i was looking for.:-?

I had some made in '05 from the Wal-Mart photo shop. They made it very easy and it was surprisingly cheap. :)

Touch of Grey
12-29-2006, 07:37
With Digital Media and Scanners it has gotten easier for printers (people who do printing for a living) to make cheaper copies. Gray shading (Black and White) is cheaper than color of course.

Unfortunately, unless you are looking at a large batch run (see your local printer for his rates) it can actually be cheaper to use the home computer printer to do what you want. If you do it at home use a good quality paper. Certain papers bleed color because of fibers being roughed up. Clay based papers give a good picture quality but have longer drying times for the ink and so sometimes smear.

I have two friends who are printers and usually can get smaller runs done on the side.

Otherwise, Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite-Aid, Walhreens or anywhere else that has a photo kiosk would be my way to go if I had a limited number of prints to make.

TOG