PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Region Role Call!!!!

Wonder
12-29-2006, 22:55
As some of you know, the "Philly Hikerz" get together from time to time.
I'm am noticing, there are more and more hikers on this site from the Philadelphia/tri-state region.
Let's do something!
For those of you who have hiked the trail before, you understand how wonderful it is to have support at home(and to have other crazy hikers around to get excited about the same silly stuff that you do!) and those of you who are in the planning stages, the past hikers are the greatest source of information you will get!
I would like to organize something for the upcoming month, be it a hike or otherwise.
Feel free to send a PM to me, or my darling partner in crime lbbrown. Yes, the very same who brought Philly Hikerz pride to Trail Days this year!
The current "upcoming event" is one that I have yet to to........ but me and a few other philly folk will be hiking the pinnicle on New Years Day.
To all and any, Happy Trails! Lets go hit a trail!:D

Hangman
12-30-2006, 00:21
the pa. ruck is coming up next month at pine grove i think the 26,27 of jan.

lbbrown
12-30-2006, 22:52
As some of you know, the "Philly Hikerz" get together from time to time.
I'm am noticing, there are more and more hikers on this site from the Philadelphia/tri-state region.
Let's do something!
For those of you who have hiked the trail before, you understand how wonderful it is to have support at home(and to have other crazy hikers around to get excited about the same silly stuff that you do!) and those of you who are in the planning stages, the past hikers are the greatest source of information you will get!
I would like to organize something for the upcoming month, be it a hike or otherwise.
Feel free to send a PM to me, or my darling partner in crime lbbrown. Yes, the very same who brought Philly Hikerz pride to Trail Days this year!
The current "upcoming event" is one that I have yet to to........ but me and a few other philly folk will be hiking the pinnicle on New Years Day.
To all and any, Happy Trails! Lets go hit a trail!:D

Where and what time will u be leaving from for the Pinnacle hike??????

Hammerhead
12-31-2006, 10:18
I'm up for anything! Count me in!

skyhiker2
12-31-2006, 11:44
I moved form Phila. (Tacony/N. Liberties) to Asheville NC about six months ago.. You guys are making me homesick,,,, LOL but now it only takes me 20 minutes to get to woods.... Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'am not talking about penny pack park type woods ,,, This is the forest...

Wonder
12-31-2006, 13:25
I was supposed to hear back n the hangover hike yesterday...... still trying to get word. I don't have a car, but if someone is willing to drive....I'm still up for it!

mweinstone
12-31-2006, 15:40
me too . im down. im down with hiking! im down with that!

wallace
12-31-2006, 20:55
Turnersville, NJ here. I'm interested.

lbbrown
01-01-2007, 13:14
:-? It's noon time and I'll bet Wonderfoot is still in bed this rainy morning!

Wonder
01-01-2007, 14:09
You were right! I never got word from my ride, so I was out after work playing designated driver with my moms car last night.

Cheesewhiz
01-01-2007, 19:52
Just got back from Rusty's for new years and Friday I am heading to Fl. for a week but after that im down with something. I do plan on attending the Ruck!

VictoriaM
01-01-2007, 21:44
I'd love to go as long as it's soon. I won't be doing any hiking for a couple of weeks before leavng for my thru, so that I can rest up and pull my stuff together.

Wonder
01-01-2007, 22:27
I'm doing trail work next week, but I'm around until mid-feb when I take off for Georgia. Sundays and mondays are best for me! Maybe we could even put together a little trail work trip

fiddlehead
01-02-2007, 00:15
I'm here near Port Clinton for one more week before i head back to Thailand. I'm up for a pinnacle hike. My buddy Rainman (AT 89,91, PCT 96) is arriving tomorrow and i'm sure he's up for it too. We'll be hangin around Eckville. PM me if interested. MUST BE THIS WEEK THOUGH, CAUSE I'LL BE OUTTA HERE IN 7 DAYS!

Ridge Rat
01-02-2007, 00:36
I am up for a hike this weekend. I was planning on doing the eckville area if you're still around fiddle. most likely hiking sobo toward it saturday and back sunday. Anyone else for a quick overnighter any weekend I am always up for it. Cold hikes are still good hikes.

fiddlehead
01-02-2007, 09:51
Sorry, i'm really busy over the weekend but will probably get out Wed or Thurs. with Rainman (vermont) who arrives today