PDA

View Full Version : AT book about hiking after death in family?

wilconow
12-30-2006, 22:37
isn't there one about someone who lost a spouse and then hiked the trail? i thought i saw this on amazon once but now i cant find it.

thanks.

MOWGLI
12-30-2006, 22:44
isn't there one about someone who lost a spouse and then hiked the trail? i thought i saw this on amazon once but now i cant find it.

thanks.

I don't know about a book, but there are at least a couple of folks here on Whiteblaze that fit that description.

Grandma Dixie
12-30-2006, 23:19
There's a book about a lady who lost her father and broke up with a boyfriend to hike the trail. It's by Kelly Winters (Amazing Grace) The title is Walking Home

Programbo
12-31-2006, 23:55
isn't there one about someone who lost a spouse and then hiked the trail? i thought i saw this on amazon once but now i cant find it.....thanks.

This isn`t an Appalachian Trail book but might interest some...Neil Peart (The drummer for the rock band Rush) lost both his wife and daughter within a 6 month period and then went on a 5 month, 55,000 mile motorcycle journey across North America up to Alaska and then down thru Mexico on the healing road

Rain Man
01-01-2007, 13:13
Check with the ATC folks. They're likely to know.

Rain:sunMan

TJ aka Teej
01-01-2007, 13:33
Linda Patton, aka eArThworm, has compiled the most comprehenisve AT book list. The Trail Bibliography is on Stitch's website: http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/bibliography.html