PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping bag liners

Chaco Taco
12-30-2006, 23:32
How much do inserts effect dgree rating for a bag. I see some do 9.5 and so on. I just bought a new winter bag and my girlfriend has a summer bag, and I just bought another summer bag, could she use the two summers as a winter bag together??

hammock engineer
12-30-2006, 23:40
Someone posted this question on hammock forums. Pan put together a really good article on it. Here is the thread (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=290), and here is the article (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=297).

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the links are to combining bags.

Tacoda
12-30-2006, 23:45
I have used polyester and silk. It is comforting thought when you lay down to sleep, but if you am such as I, you will find more often than not, that the liner falls down to the bottom of the sleeping bag and becomes nothing more than your own master. put on silk long undies both top and bottom and save yourself the trouble and the cost.

Tacoda
12-30-2006, 23:55
I must be sorry. I did not read this post of you correctly and I was to quickly to respond. I do not know the numbers you are looking for. I only know that I ditched my silk bag liner and was much most comfortable with only my silk top and bottom undies. I was just as cold with or with out it simply fact because the heathen liner only stays true for moments, hours after you fall asleep.

Buy a lighter down bag and keep very good care and dry care for it like your new born baby. This master will repay you two fold with out the wieght, and cradle you like baby so you sleep well, wich is very important!.

RadioFreq
01-02-2007, 18:44
You type incredibly well for a 3 year old.....were you home schooled? :D

Footslogger
01-02-2007, 18:49
My experience may well be unique ...but I never noticed any difference in the comfort rating of my sleeping bag while using a silk liner.

On the contrary, using the liner actually contributed to reduced comfort at least for me. I'm not saying it made me colder. I turn a lot in a sleeping bag and I found that the thinner silk liners became all twisted. After a few weeks on my thru in 2003 I sent the liner home.

'Slogger