PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year--now I wanna go hiking.

Lion King
01-01-2007, 13:00
I posted in this in the wrong forum by mistake..

Happy New Year, I miss a lot of people.

Happy New Year.

Man, I always get spring fever but it hit my in late November this year.
By the time I was off the PCT, even with bad weather, I was ready to go out right away or stay out somewhere dryer.

Its odd, not being able to sit still when you are centralized in a small room after being out for months on end.
My last couple of weeks before I came back to Dallas I didnt see another hiker and then BAM...city.

I am dreaming about the AT...GA in early Spring when all the leaves are crackling under your feet, strangers are meeting and fires are warm and full of friendly new laughs.
The leaves havent returned and the few that dangle are long dead brown and the views are beautiful because of it.

The smell of a Spring Morning in the VA Mountains. When everything is turning green, the dew is always thick and the spiderwebs rebuild themsleves each time a hiker eats morning web. Awesome.

Miss Janets----Coming off the long climb down, then back up then down into the Nolichocky Gorge can be decieving as you think you are there, when in fact no...another up then back to way down here for you...then I tried the Blue Blaze, and loved it.

Another meeting of strangers, and now new friends. The Morning question, the smell of the Fresh breakfeast, or the smell of hikers...depends on where you are standing, and Miss Janets always warm welcome, and quick discplining for J-Holes.
First time seeing the balds and Roan, and feeling like you earned that view.

Harpers Ferry---I just like the town and the people there. The feeling of Historic energy is alive there. PLus its always hot and thunderstorming so Ron and Lauries place is a great porch to toursits watch and smoke cigs when weather is falling apart.

Leaving Palmerton. That climb out makes me feel good, and its awesome to look back as your crossing the flank.

New England in Spet-Oct.
Cant beat waking up to loons and cool air and fires going. The pine and maple smell, the squirrels always chirping at you, cool fresh and fantastically delicious water from the mountains.
The reason I moved to New Hampshrie was hiking through those mountains.
Its all good.

Just thinking about hiking more this year if I can...aint we all?

Happy New Year
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=295000)

Lone Wolf
01-01-2007, 13:09
i miss you too honey. come visit. let's do a movie! fear and loathing on the at. *** ya!:banana

sleeveless
01-01-2007, 13:23
Lion King those thoughts just make me want to head to Georgia in March. It won't be happening though...sad is me! I have enjoyed your videos on you tube. I met you at a shelter in VA in 05 before Damascus. I stopped and cooked my supper and then moved on a camped in the woods. Oh to be young and such a free spirit!

MOWGLI
01-01-2007, 13:27
i miss you too honey. come visit. let's do a movie! fear and loathing on the at. *** ya!:banana

You are turning into one funny Motherflower in '07. Is this a preview of the year ahead? :banana

Lone Wolf
01-01-2007, 13:29
You are turning into one funny Motherflower in '07. Is this a preview of the year ahead? :banana

yes. i'm a victim of circumstance

Lilred
01-01-2007, 13:33
Thanks a lot Lion King. I usually don't get Springer Fever till February and you just knocked it up a notch. I'm thinking Springer to Neel Gap 1st week in April, just to mingle a bit. My hike starts back up again in Bland Va this June, if I get to go this year <<sigh>>.

Lilred
01-01-2007, 13:38
Oh, I almost forgot, Happy New Year to you too Lion King, and everyone on WB.