PDA

View Full Version : TJ - memories and laughs...

Hammock Hanger
01-01-2007, 14:52
I just clicked on Trailjournals to find an old post of mine in the feature spot under the featured picture.

It was June 23, 2002.

I had to read it and boy did it bring back memories. It was the day I first meet 2 hikers I would remain friends with to this day. Roni from Israel who was being called "Apricot", as he carried a huge bag of dried apricots. The other was Hippie Longstocking.

We hiked together for a couple of days, fun, interesting times.

Has anyone else from WB that has a journal on trail journals ever clicked on to find one of their old journals featured. Did you read it and walk down memory lane?? Was there anything in the post that surprised you or really touched you.

sleeveless
01-01-2007, 15:09
Hammock Hanger, I can really say that I am glad I spent so much time writing and posting my journals. It was worth the weight of the pocketmail and when it wasn't working (my fault) it was worth those hours at a computer in trail towns. Every time I read one of my journals it brings me back to the trail and tickles the memory of the day and place as no other
way can.

I can only encourage all of you future thru hikers to keep a journal, it is well worth the time and effort. As an aside, I never kept a journal before my hike nor after.
:banana

Hammock Hanger
01-01-2007, 15:38
Hammock Hanger, I can really say that I am glad I spent so much time writing and posting my journals. It was worth the weight of the pocketmail and when it wasn't working (my fault) it was worth those hours at a computer in trail towns. Every time I read one of my journals it brings me back to the trail and tickles the memory of the day and place as no other
way can.

I can only encourage all of you future thru hikers to keep a journal, it is well worth the time and effort. As an aside, I never kept a journal before my hike nor after.
:banana

I have trip journals from back in the 80's. My kids were so young, hell I was so young. I get a hoot every time I pull one off the bookshelf and read...

Almost everyday I will sip a cup of tea and randomly pull a day from my trail journal archive and read. I always enjoy the ride down memory lane...

Journals are well worth the effort whether public or private, handwritten or cybersent...

Red Hat
01-04-2007, 13:37
Started my first TJ in 2003 and still read it for memories. Of course, my favorite is reading my 2005 journal. Brings tears to my eyes. I love each and everyone I met. I remember Sleeveless sitting at Miss Janets for hours updating her journal. Now, if I could just do another one...