PDA

View Full Version : Snow Peak 450 Mug

Booley
01-01-2007, 23:04
Anyone know if a 450 single-wall mug will fit on the bottom of a 32 oz Nalgene? I know the 600 will fit. This would complete my cooking arsenal. Just thinking about space in the ol' pack. Measurements after being Googled say the 450 is 3.5 (doesn't say inside or outside) while the bottom of the Nalgene is 3 9/16 inches. Wondering just how accurate the measurement for the mug is. Personal experiences? Gearhead question I know, but some of the suckas here I know are gearheads! Thanks!

rafe
01-01-2007, 23:09
Why spend $$ on a Ti mug and then carry the extra weight of a Nalgene bottle? Have you weighed a 32 oz. Nalgene bottle? Have you weighed an empty soda bottle? :rolleyes:

Booley
01-01-2007, 23:49
Easy Terrapin. I know I know. Hard to put boiling water in a plastic bottle for those cold nights and throwing it in the bottom of my sleeping bag. I have the Nalgene for coffee with the press-bot which fits inside the Nalgene. The Nalgene (1) is for drier areas where I might need to carry more water and mixes (Haterade and the like) and get this, I double up with a Camelback for instant hydration (GASP). I know the weights and really don't care. I want to save my Snow Peak 700 cook pot for boiling water only. It's worth the 2.4 oz to have a coffee mug. No gram-weenie here. Oh yeah, it's a gift, no money outta my pocket!

magic_game03
01-01-2007, 23:54
no, it will not fit. not even close.

rafe
01-02-2007, 00:12
Booley, it's your call. I carried Nalgene bottles (usually 2, sometimes 3) for years until I started thinking seriously about pack weight. The shiny new Lexan versions are even heavier than the old polyethylene ones. The easiest and cheapest bit of "lightening" was to ditch the Nalgenes.

Booley
01-02-2007, 00:33
no, it will not fit. not even close.

Magic, thanks for the input. That's all I needed to know.

Terrapin. I know there's a lot of weight in those Lexan bottles. I carry one and like having one just for the reasons I stated and feel the weight penalty is worth it. All my other gear is light and I feel I can splurge a little and have a bottle and a 2 oz coffee press for the fix. It's double use, if that has any merit. Thanks though, and I appreciate the input...