PDA

View Full Version : Texas White Blazer's

bigkingtut
01-02-2007, 02:07
Who on WhiteBlaze lives in Texas? I know at one time there was a thread on here about Texas WhiteBlazers. A few of us meet in Dallas at the Old Nature Center for a Day Hike,but I have not been able to locate any info on that thread. Would like to set up some trips and get togeathers....

:sun

JimSproul
01-02-2007, 08:48
There are quite a few of us from around North Texas.

I am a member of the North Texas Trail Runners (http://www.nttr.org/), really nice folks. I get out to a trail about every weekend. Training for competition really makes you work on your legs and "wind". My first race was 30K through the woods at Grapevine Lake. Really nice. I have gone back there a number of times.

rhjanes
01-02-2007, 11:18
Yo --
Weekends are fairly busy with two kids. Oldest and I DO get out in the woods (such as they are), by Orienteering. Big meet this weekend at James Ray Boy Scout ranch on 1/6/2007. Google for NTOA (North Texas Orienteering Association).

rmtjr
01-27-2007, 02:18
I was at the nature center get-together. Tom Mantooth and I are hiking the 4C Trail Feb 11-16. Bob

Red Hat
01-31-2007, 19:25
Texas is a puuurty biiiiig place! I live in Brenham which is about 3-4 hours from you, or about 250 miles. I used to hike the Lone Star Trail quite a bit, but now I'm close to home due to my husband's health. Hope to get him up to snuf so we can get back out.

jazilla
02-01-2007, 13:44
Red Hat,
I am planning to do the LST in the future. Have you done the whole trail. How is water and how did you work out your resupply? Any information on the LST would be very helpful.

Singe03
02-01-2007, 14:43
I am planning to do the LST in the future. Have you done the whole trail. How is water and how did you work out your resupply? Any information on the LST would be very helpful.

I've done most of the LST in sections and in fact my dad lives minutes from the eastmost end of it and I'm planning a thru. Resupply is going to be pretty tricky, options are VERY limited to non existant. I'd recommend either having someone meet you or caching somewhere near Huntsville if you dont want to carry food for the whole hike. Water is not a problem, at least in the fall, lots of small streams and creeks, carry a filter or polar pure. Its a short trail on easy terrain, I'd figure 7 easy days...

Here is the club's website...

http://lshtclub.com/

There is also a yahoo mailing list you can get on, details on the same website.