PDA

View Full Version : Maps for Vermont

SergeStorms
01-02-2007, 19:28
Does anyone know where I can purchase maps for Vermont only? The ATC sells the VT/NH maps as a set. I already have maps for New Hampshire and don't wish to pay for a duplicate set. The AMC does not sell maps for Vermont. The only thing I could find on the Green Mtn Club's website was a map for the Long Trail, which would not cover the section of the AT between the Maine Junction and Hanover, NH. Any ideas?

Blissful
01-02-2007, 21:31
Hey I'd like to know this too. Also, I need the maps for Maine (not the book too). That's all I need to complete my set, the Vermont map and the map set for Maine.

Anyone willing to sell? :)

virtualfrog
01-02-2007, 21:44
The Long Trail guide by Green Mountain Club has maps for this section...somebody might be able to scan them and email them to you. I don't have a scanner otherwise I would :(.

hammock engineer
01-03-2007, 00:35
I have the Long Trail Maps and the ATC AT maps from last year (had to postpone the AT thru and did a stretch on the LT). The ATC maps are way better than the GMC Maps. Not that the GMC maps were bad, just not as easy to read or as good elevation profiles. The LT map is also only going to cover the Southern 100 miles or so of the AT.

Pokey2006
01-03-2007, 01:13
Very good question! I'm frustrated, too, that you have to buy these big packs of maps, with guides and everything.

My idea is maybe contact the local outfitters in Vermont? Usually, outfitters will carry maps just for their local areas.

aaronthebugbuffet
01-03-2007, 06:13
If I still had mine, I would have given them to you. I checked my map stash but only found one map of the set.:( I must've have given them to SOBOs or left them at a hostel. Still got the books.

SergeStorms
01-03-2007, 20:01
It is very frustrating. I have a limited budget for my section hike this year and hate to spend money on something I already have. When I have some time off from work next week I'll call the ATC and find out if it is possible to buy the Vermont maps only. I'd like to think they would be willing to work with me. Blissful: the Maine maps are worth buying. They are the best AT maps I have seen. Try contacting the MATC directly to see if you can purchase the maps without the guidebook.

Blissful
01-04-2007, 00:18
Actually it's much cheaper to buy the book and maps for Maine via ATC than MATC, which is what I might do (I also get the member price).