PDA

View Full Version : MLD 2007 AT Thru Hike sponsoree

ron bell
01-02-2007, 20:33
Hi All,

Ron here from Mountain Laurel Designs.

We are looking for one or more 2007 AT thru hikers to sponsor with one or more pieces of free gear. ( We have already selected our PCT, Alaska, CDT and other applicants for 2007.)

Since we specialize in super light gear, we are seeking one of like mind to use our gear on the hike to test it out and spread the word.

In general, folks with previous LD hiking experience and a dedication to the SUL philosophy are desired. A plan on finishing in under about 75 days and carring a base load of about 7-9lbs is in the ball park. Not required, but folks who plan on fairly active personal website updating are preferrred.

email for an application. [email protected], state AT SPONSOR APP in the email subject field and I'll send the info.

Do not send a request after JAN 15, 2007.

Peace,

Ron

aroth87
01-02-2007, 21:00
Just in case someone hasn't heard of Mountain Laurel Designs I will tell you that they are a great company. I own 2 of their tarps and their quality and construction are excellent. I'm anxiously awaiting the relaunch of their products. I hope someone is able to take advantage of being a tester for a great company with great gear. You will not be disappointed.

Adam

mike!
01-07-2007, 06:02
Ron, email sent your way! btw, just heard you on the podcast at practicalbackpacking.com a few days ago (if you haven't checked out the podcasts there, it's some fabulous content) very cool medium, very interesting and informative, do they edit the content, or is it just a more of a casual converstaion?
mike!

mweinstone
01-07-2007, 07:28
my parents were killed by a falty mountain laurel designs bumper sticker that misspelled the word mountain causeing my father to crash and the firemen cut me out of my mom on the road. maby thats why i cant spell. cause the last thing my mom saw was a misspelling. i hate you mld.

mweinstone
01-07-2007, 07:30
ill use your stuff but im not fillin out forms. gimmie the crap and ill see if it works. if not, ill send you a pic of the homeless along the trail wearing it.

mweinstone
01-07-2007, 07:31
i can tell you right now it doesnt work. if it did, id own it.

Sly
01-07-2007, 12:49
How did you find your CDT or PCT applicants? I didn't see anything mentioned on the most often used backcountry.net elists.

And did you find you're Grand Enchantment Trail applicant yet?