Gray Blazer
01-05-2007, 12:38
North /Buckeyes
South/ Gators
You'd better be on the right side.
GO GATORS

max patch
01-05-2007, 12:51
Boise State is better than either of them.

Jaybird
01-05-2007, 12:53
CONCORDIA COLLEGE...GO COBBERS!

DawnTreader
01-05-2007, 13:12
OHIO is not the north, OHIO doesn't deserve to be in the UNion. OHIO is a patch of god forsaken flat-land which Michigan decided it didn't need anymore..

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-05-2007, 13:25
Since the Gators are my cousins, I guess I need to support them. However, they did eat our dog, Smokey, during their last visit to the the TN hills.

Cuffs
01-05-2007, 13:41
FD, but you have a UAB logo? Not a fan? awwwww.

Anyway, my vote goes for Michigan (alma mater) and the Noles!

Gray Blazer
01-05-2007, 13:43

Anyway, my vote goes for Michigan (alma mater) and the Noles!Neither one of them are playing for the National Championship on Monday night.:sun

Cuffs
01-05-2007, 13:44
Yea, I saw the bowl game Monday... how depressing...

Sly
01-05-2007, 13:46
Michigan? They've already lost to USC (2nd lose this season) and will be lucky to make the top 10 in the final poll.

If the Gators beat Ohio State, Boise State should really should be #1 as they'll be the only undefeated team, but it will likely go to Florida.

hammock engineer
01-05-2007, 13:46
All I have to say is GO BUCKS.

One more thing.

We don't give a **** about the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan. We don't give a **** about the whole state of Michigan. Because we are from OHIO.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-05-2007, 13:53

Anyway, my vote goes for Michigan (alma mater) and the Noles!That's UAB logo???? I thought it was a fire-breathing dinosaur (see the Matthewski thread for why I need one)

::: off to find a new fire-breathing dino :::

Gadog430
01-05-2007, 13:56
DAWGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down 21-3 at half and came back to win. Yeeeehaaa.
Come 'mere Smokey. WOOF.

Cuffs
01-05-2007, 13:59
Living in the Ham, I see the logo regularly on license plates...

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?store_id=127&dept_id=-1&product_id=17356

otterman
01-05-2007, 14:03
OHIO is not the north, OHIO doesn't deserve to be in the UNion. OHIO is a patch of god forsaken flat-land which Michigan decided it didn't need anymore..

Kinda' sounds like the way USC must have felt about Michigan after they kicked their a$$. And I mean really kicked their a$$!

Trillium
01-05-2007, 22:38
it's not a north or south thing.

it's a BIG TEN Thing.

Go Buckeyes!

(figures that a um alum wouldn't root for their conference).

Gray Blazer
01-05-2007, 22:38
Living in the Ham, I see the logo regularly on license plates...

http://store.fansonly.com/marketplace/store_contents.cfm?store_id=127&dept_id=-1&product_id=17356 Gators beat them, too, the other day. Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.:sun

Buckles
01-05-2007, 22:50
What do you call a Gators football player wearing a suit?

The Defendant.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!

Gray Blazer
01-05-2007, 23:02
What do you call a Gators football player wearing a suit?

The Defendant.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!They won't be wearing suits on Monday Night. Ya'll better come ready to play. We're talkin' 'bout the official hat for the AT for the whole next year! What do you call a gator fan wearing a gator hat on the AT? We'll see.......

Buckles
01-05-2007, 23:04
What does a Florida alumni say to you in a grocery store?

"Would you prefer paper or plastic?"

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

Gray Blazer
01-05-2007, 23:08
Keep 'em comin'.

Gadog430
01-05-2007, 23:10
What does the Georgia Tech graduate say at McDonald's?
Would you like to Super Size that ma'am?

Dawg

Buckles
01-05-2007, 23:19
Why do Florida alumni place their diplomas on the dashboard?

So they can park in a handicapped zone.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Paul Bunyan
01-05-2007, 23:22
Go Cavaliers.

UVA all the way.

Buckles
01-05-2007, 23:37
How do you get a Florida alumni off your front porch?

Pay him for the pizza.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Gadog430
01-05-2007, 23:39
OMG... I love this one.

People think that Georgia fans hate Auburn or Ga Tech. Wrong.

Georgia fans hate Gators.

Dawg :banana

Why do Florida alumni place their diplomas on the dashboard?

So they can park in a handicapped zone.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!

Trillium
01-06-2007, 00:51
Georgia fans hate Gators.

Dawg :bananaSo do Spartans!

UCONNMike
01-06-2007, 00:56
Boise State is better than either of them.

HA! FALSE!

ed bell
01-06-2007, 01:01
HA! FALSE!HA! HA! Prove it!

FanaticFringer
01-06-2007, 01:32
I cant wait to see Alabama get their asses kicked next year. Saban=sellout.

hammock engineer
01-06-2007, 01:34
it's not a north or south thing.

it's a BIG TEN Thing.

Go Buckeyes!

(figures that a um alum wouldn't root for their conference).

I'm with you there. I grew up an OSU fan but when to U. of Cincinnati. I'll route for my school in games, but also for OSU. I still route for Big Ten teams in other games. I wanted to see Michigan win by a lot to help put an argument against the BCS.

TurkeyBacon
01-06-2007, 09:17
"Its a north/south thing"
Kinda reminds me of the woman in VA who asked me where I lived, I told her Illinois and her reply was "so yah hiking home?"... Uh... Nope
Its not a north/south thing... Its a midwest/big ten vs south thing.
Look at a map,
TB

T-Dubs
01-06-2007, 09:59

I, too, would have liked a second OHIO-um contest this year for the National Championship.

That's only because it would have been nice to have the Heisman-winning quarterback for the OSU BUCKEYES beat that team-up-north 4 straight times.

Ps. DT- your words seem a tad harsh but I can't help noticing you put OHIO in all caps, giving us the respect you wolverines know we deserve.:)

Tom

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-06-2007, 10:24
Loving 'gators is a deportable offense in TN....

MoodyBluer
01-06-2007, 11:03
I'm a Dawg fan from way back and abhor Florida, but I've gotta root for the SEC in this one...It's really a crime that the Buckeyes are even ranked #1 as anybody who is a serious fan of NCAA futbol knows that the eventual winner of the SEC championship should BY DEFAULT be ranked #1...Caliber of opponents in other conferences is just not up to snuff in comparison to the SEC...Urban Mayer was asked about the big ten's caliber of play and said it wasn't even close...the SEC was bigger, faster, stronger than any other conference in the land...

Sly
01-06-2007, 11:43
And if Florida loses against Ohio State are you still going to say they should be ranked #1?

Desert Lobster
01-06-2007, 12:32
In reality, USC with a little smarts could have won 4 championships in a row. They are the only team explosive enough to compete with OS. Too bad they got so complacent against Cali.

waterboy99
01-06-2007, 12:37
What is the best thing about being a University of Tenn fan ?

You can go hunting

You can go to the game

You can go to the tailgate party

And you can do your court orderded community service picking up trash along the road side wearing the same color clothing.

(Tenn's color is orange)

MoodyBluer
01-06-2007, 13:09
And if Florida loses against Ohio State are you still going to say they should be ranked #1?
yeah...if they beat the REAL #1 team, then they should be #1...until they do however, they should not be ranked ahead of the #1 team in the SEC. I've always felt this way even when I was going to school at U of Ga back in the early seventies...some may call this a persecution complex but I think that since the national media are concentrated in the NE and west coast that there has always been a bias towards Big Ten, Notre Dame, PAC 10 teams being ranked ahead of SEC teams, even when it wasn't deserved. Case in point is the 1980 champion Bulldawgs...that team had a couple tough games against Tennessee and Clemson but prevailed to go undefeated...they were ranked #1 going into the Sugar Bowl IIRC, but if you listened to the broadcasters, journalists and pundits during that time (when the media was even MORE concentrated in the NE), you were just sure that Ga. was going to have their heads rippied off by Notre Dame...I remember the betting line in Las Vegas was prohibitvely against the Dawgs and they promptly proceeded to crush Notre Dame. Even after that resounding victory, the media couldn't jump on the Dawgs bandwagon. saying that the win was tainted.

Gadog430
01-06-2007, 13:43
Herschel Walker...Buck Belue. National Championship.
'Nuff said.

Forever a Dawg

yeah...if they beat the REAL #1 team, then they should be #1...until they do however, they should not be ranked ahead of the #1 team in the SEC. I've always felt this way even when I was going to school at U of Ga back in the early seventies...some may call this a persecution complex but I think that since the national media are concentrated in the NE and west coast that there has always been a bias towards Big Ten, Notre Dame, PAC 10 teams being ranked ahead of SEC teams, even when it wasn't deserved. Case in point is the 1980 champion Bulldawgs...that team had a couple tough games against Tennessee and Clemson but prevailed to go undefeated...they were ranked #1 going into the Sugar Bowl IIRC, but if you listened to the broadcasters, journalists and pundits during that time (when the media was even MORE concentrated in the NE), you were just sure that Ga. was going to have their heads rippied off by Notre Dame...I remember the betting line in Las Vegas was prohibitvely against the Dawgs and they promptly proceeded to crush Notre Dame. Even after that resounding victory, the media couldn't jump on the Dawgs bandwagon. saying that the win was tainted.

Left Hand
01-06-2007, 17:42
I don't care either way....Appalachian State already won their 2nd Championship this year.

Gray Blazer
01-06-2007, 19:06
What is the best thing about being a University of Tenn fan ?

You can go hunting

You can go to the game

You can go to the tailgate party

And you can do your court orderded community service picking up trash along the road side wearing the same color clothing.

(Tenn's color is orange)Remember, I didn't say that.:sun

waterboy99
01-06-2007, 20:11
Now that I think about it, dosn't the Gators have a lot of orange in their colors also.

ed bell
01-09-2007, 00:40
SEC football is just plain superior football. No doubt about that.:cool:

Furlough
01-09-2007, 02:17
A Good Ole Fashioned A$$ Whuppin

OSU got whipped like they stole something.

Nean
01-09-2007, 02:32
Boise State is #1:banana :D