PDA

View Full Version : Bribes for a walk on the 14th of January

MrHappy
01-05-2007, 20:14
Well, I bought my ticket last week. I'm flying to Mississippi on the 12th, and I'll be starting from Springer early on the 14th. I still haven't really found anybody to hike with (or anyone who will be within fifty miles for that matter) for the first bit, so I've resorted to bribes. If anybody is willing to accompany me for a few days, to neels gap or hiawasee, I'll provide all the food. We're talking delicious, home made freezer bag food. Various flavors of oatmeal (amaretto is my favorite, but maple's not bad.), Pasta with pesto, home made delicious fruit leathers, various other pasta and rice dishes (all homebrew recipies, tried and tested, with some tips taken from freezerbagcooking.com. You also won't need a stove, since my jetboil will easily handle the needs of two. Bring snacks.

Ok, I'm going to go change trays on the teriyaki beef jerky I'm making.

RAT
01-05-2007, 20:28
Sounds really good Mr. Happy. Makes me hungry for that food and hiking ! Too bad I have to work or I would be there with bells on my pack ;)

RAT

KG4FAM
01-05-2007, 21:13
I may be able to go. I have to sell a guy a car on the 13th so what is your exact plan. Are you doing the approach or going by the forest service road and doing the 9/10ths. Also what time would you be starting?

MrHappy
01-05-2007, 21:52
I'll be using the forest service roads, but not 42. I forget which one, but it cuts the approach down to 2.8 miles or so. I'm not sure exactly when I'll start. My girlfriend is driving me out, but I don't have a very rigid plan. If you wanted to meet up later in the trail that could work too.

Lone Wolf
01-05-2007, 21:54
I'll be using the forest service roads, but not 42. I forget which one, but it cuts the approach down to 2.8 miles or so. I'm not sure exactly when I'll start. My girlfriend is driving me out, but I don't have a very rigid plan. If you wanted to meet up later in the trail that could work too.

Nimblewill Gap. Best have 4 wheel drive.

KG4FAM
01-05-2007, 21:56
Sending you a PM