PDA

View Full Version : New Nalgene Water Bottles

partinj
01-06-2007, 22:13
HI everone just want to let you know i just got two new nalgene cantene
they are like the platypus they come in 32oz all the way to 96oz i got the 32oz and the 48oz. and the nice part they only weight 2oz each a whole lot less then the reg nalgene bottles. I was gone to bring a MSR Dromedary 2 liter but will use the 48oz cantene for camp weight save on two reg nalgene adn the msr bag 14ozs almost a pound. Igot them from R.E.I 32oz was 6.95 and the 48oz was 9.95 they both are wide mouth you can get in a narrow mouth too. :sun

Grandma Dixie
01-07-2007, 03:46
How about some punctuation. When reading that, I was reminded of a child frantically going on about the days goings on, while their parents couldnt wait to get out a the car. ?

hammock engineer
01-07-2007, 03:58
they are like the platypus they come in 32oz all the way to 96oz i got the 32oz and the 48oz. and the nice part they only weight 2oz each a whole lot less then the reg nalgene bottles. I was gone to bring a MSR Dromedary 2 liter but will use the 48oz cantene for camp weight save on two reg nalgene adn the msr bag 14ozs almost a pound. Igot them from R.E.I 32oz was 6.95 and the 48oz was 9.95 they both are wide mouth you can get in a narrow mouth too. :sun

I switched to the nalgene canteens from the MSR bags this fall. A lot easier to use and fill. Definitly coming with me on my thru.

How about some punctuation. When reading that, I was reminded of a child frantically going on about the days goings on, while their parents couldnt wait to get out a the car. ?

Maybe, but no one really cares.

Peaks
01-07-2007, 09:55
The Nalgene canteens are great, but they are not a durable as a HDPE or Lexan Nalgene bottle. I usually carry 1 HDPE bottle (full) and a 96 oz Nalgene canteen empty. In camp it make it possible to get enough water so I only need to make one trip to the water source.

Because the canteens seem to leak they get replaced every year or two.

MOWGLI
01-07-2007, 10:02
How about some punctuation.

Punctuation is overrated. Just ask Cormac McCarthy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormac_McCarthy).

Regarding the Nalgenen cantene, I'll have to check that out.

skyhiker2
01-07-2007, 10:22

I don't care...... And really don't think anyone else does either..... this is the I-net..

"Grandma Dixie" how are a grandma when your profile says you Dan, 17
LOL LOL LOL you really don't know much about anything do.. you...

( don't get upset I just teasing grandma)

NICKTHEGREEK
01-07-2007, 10:22
You can also get a top, tube and bitevalve to convert them to a hydration system. Used them for years and I am happy with all aspects.

NICKTHEGREEK
01-07-2007, 10:24

A period following a question mark?

ed bell
01-07-2007, 10:34
How about some punctuation. When reading that, I was reminded of a child frantically going on about the days goings on, while their parents couldnt wait to get out a the car. ?I see that you wrote a sentence fragment, forgot the question mark at the end of the first sentence, left the apostrophe out of the word "couldn't", and placed a period and a question mark at the end of the last sentence.:rolleyes: That is quite a few mistakes for such a short post.:D

Mags
01-07-2007, 12:27
FWIW, I have used a Nalgene cantene on all my hikes since 1999. As Peaks said, they tend to wear out, though. Find I can make a whole thru-hike with one, but then I have to replace it.

Tend to like the large mouth Nalgene vs. the small mouth platys.

For dry camping and/or extended water hauling, they work very well.

THe rest of my "hydration system" consists of 2 Gatorade type bottles.

Mags
01-07-2007, 12:28
Punctuation is overrated. Just ask Cormac McCarthy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormac_McCarthy).

Regarding the Nalgenen cantene, I'll have to check that out.

Hey..I like this guy already. He's from Providence! :)

MOWGLI
01-07-2007, 12:35
Hey..I like this guy already. He's from Providence! :)

He can be a lttle dark, but he's a GREAT writer. I read the border trilogy in the 90s, and have read his last two books - The Road and No Country for Old Men. No Country for Old Men (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477348/) is the Coen Brothers next film project.

Mags
01-08-2007, 00:24
He can be a lttle dark, but he's a GREAT writer. I read the border trilogy in the 90s, and have read his last two books - The Road and No Country for Old Men. No Country for Old Men (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477348/) is the Coen Brothers next film project.

I'll have to add it to my TOO READ list. Been checking out mainly non-fiction from the library lately (current read is a great book on astronomy). Time to start reading a bit of fiction. I tend to enjoy writing that is "a little dark".

Thanks for the tip!

Lanthar Mandragoran
01-08-2007, 12:32
Here's a slick use for the Nalgene Canteens that I've been a fan of since I saw J.K. post it...

"The J-Sink" (http://www.freewebs.com/jasonklass/jasonsink.htm)

Frosty
01-08-2007, 17:39
I see that you wrote a sentence fragment, forgot the question mark at the end of the first sentence, left the apostrophe out of the word "couldn't", and placed a period and a question mark at the end of the last sentence.:rolleyes: That is quite a few mistakes for such a short post.:Dleft the apostrophe out of the word "couldn't," and ...

Grandma Dixie
01-09-2007, 16:16
I just feel that if you are going to take the time to post something, and want people to take you seriously, you should make sure it's typo free. (at least for the most part) It takes what, an extra 20 seconds?

And Skyhiker- how do you hike in the sky? I guess we should take all names literally.:p

Rain Man
01-09-2007, 19:55
Maybe, but no one really cares.

An engineer trying to master hyperbole, eh?! LOL

PLENTY of people care. ~wink~

Rain:sunMan

maxNcathy
01-11-2007, 09:53
I tought shool fer miny yeers annd lits of pople can reid anyting it dosn't madder abot spilling.
LAL

stuco
01-17-2007, 23:28
I just feel that if you are going to take the time to post something, and want people to take you seriously, you should make sure it's typo free. (at least for the most part) It takes what, an extra 20 seconds?

And Skyhiker- how do you hike in the sky? I guess we should take all names literally.:p

You must be kidding. Look at your orginal post. It has more errors than the original post you are mocking.

VictoriaM
01-17-2007, 23:43

How about some Punctuation? Reading that made me think of a child frantically going on about his day at such length that he prevented his parents from exiting the car.

:) I feel better now.

Cuffs
06-12-2007, 16:45
In case anyone is still interested in these... I have bought several of these from this particular ebay-er and had great service... Great price too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230141847379&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us