PDA

View Full Version : geocaching on the AT.

strnorm
01-07-2007, 20:19
Hey, i got a new toy for Christmas have got into geocaching,just wondering if anyone knows where i can get info about caches on the AT.:-?

Cuffs
01-07-2007, 20:22
Woo Hoo! Another fellow cacher!

Yes, there are hundreds of caches along the AT. If you go back to GC, and do a PQ (have to be a "member" to get this), you can get a PQ "Along a Route." Some other member was kind enough to map the whoe route using Google Earth and that allows us to get all the caches within a 1/4 mile (I think) of the AT.

Lone Wolf
01-07-2007, 20:24
there's one in front of MRO in Damascus. I'm settin' out front one day and this geek and his son, not you jim, was tryin' to find one them things. i started to tell the feller which brick was 'IT". cussed my ass out!

Cuffs
01-07-2007, 20:26
there's one in front of MRO in Damascus. I'm settin' out front one day and this geek and his son, not you jim, was tryin' to find one them things. i started to tell the feller which brick was 'IT". cussed my ass out!

Well that wasnt nice of 'em! I sometimes have the darndest time finding the ones that are right in front of me and take all the help I can get! You'll never hear me turning down that kind of help!!

Lone Wolf
01-07-2007, 20:37
Well that wasnt nice of 'em! I sometimes have the darndest time finding the ones that are right in front of me and take all the help I can get! You'll never hear me turning down that kind of help!!

Dude was ANAL twice warmed over. Felt sorry for the son..

strnorm
01-07-2007, 20:37
Thanks ALHIKER GAL I LOVE IT, my wife and i were doing some yesterday,people thought we were nuts going around in circles with gps in hand looking undre rocks,logs etc. LW i am coming to damacus to find that one dont move it:D

n2o2diver
01-07-2007, 23:18
There is a cache near my house that I have been trying to find for a month now. I wish someone would help me. Its driving me nuts that I can't find it.

Gray Blazer
01-07-2007, 23:24
There is one at Tellico Gap. Had a Chuck Norris video in it. What do you leave at geo-caches?

Lone Wolf
01-07-2007, 23:27
What do you leave at geo-caches?

pocket protecters and stuff. anything type A

RAT
01-07-2007, 23:57
There was one at High Rocks on my trail section a few years ago left by a nice lady that lives nearby in Higgins creek. Had some cool hand carved rubber stamp making stuff in it along with her email address. She was a real pleasure to talk to and she even sent me a block of that stuff to carve my own "RAT > PATROL" stamp out of and invited me to her house ! I checked into that stuff and it aint cheap ! Its no longer there, perhaps I should put one back and list it ,,,, hmmm,,,,

RAT