PDA

View Full Version : Trailjournals

Chaco Taco
01-09-2007, 16:19
So i set up a trailjournals at trailjournals.com. I did this about 4 weeks ago. I sent out the link to friends and family but it still says "Coming Soon". How long does it take or is there something Im supposed to do to launch it? I have made a few journal entries.

Pacific Tortuga
01-09-2007, 16:24
[quote=Lowspark;300097]So i set up a trailjournals at trailjournals.com. I did this about 4 weeks ago. I sent out the link to friends and family but it still says "Coming Soon". How long does it take or is there something Im supposed to do to launch it? I have made a few journal entries.[/quote

You need to make 3 posts(entries) to get it up, hope that helps.

TJ aka Teej
01-09-2007, 16:24
Try the Help link http://www.trailjournals.com/help.cfm , or try posting your question in the TJ forums.
Lotsa TJ users here though, I bet you get some help soon. Good luck on your hike!

Hammock Hanger
01-09-2007, 16:28
The direct link must be set by the admins. I am waiting for a change on my. The guys must be busy as things are taking a long time to get done. Have patience. I know we all want it done in our time frame but the TJ site is way larger then the admins ever dreamed and occasionally their lives get in the way.

I hope every day my changes will come through so I can check that off my to do list.

It will happen.

Footslogger
01-09-2007, 16:28
You can create the journal and post some entries but in order for outsiders to have access you need to make it "public". Been a while so I don't remember the exact terminology but when you logon and set your preferences you can select your journal/photos to be viewable/not viewable to the public.

If you can't find that function send a note to the owners (Lief/ZipDrive) and they'll help you out.

'Slogger

SalParadise
01-09-2007, 17:34
I don't know how many journal entries you've made already, but if I remember right, you need to have three journal entries before everything shows up on the site for other people to read.

Chaco Taco
01-09-2007, 18:10
People can read my stuff, its just my link for nonmembers that is still saying, Coming soon.

Chaco Taco
01-09-2007, 18:12
I have made 10 entries. If you go down to my signature and click on it you will see that it goes to coming soon. Oh well, they must be backed up. I just hope it is up when I go on my trip.Thanks for the help

Frosty
01-09-2007, 18:19
I have made 10 entries. If you go down to my signature and click on it you will see that it goes to coming soon. Oh well, they must be backed up. I just hope it is up when I go on my trip.Thanks for the helpTry giving them this link:

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=5102

I have been reading your entries right along.

Hammock Hanger
01-09-2007, 23:34
The admins have to do the direct links and they are behind...

Boat Drinks
01-09-2007, 23:38
I had the same issue a few months ago. My link had a number in it, not my journal name, but it still worked. Later, maybe 3 weeks, they finaly put my name in the link as you see it below, they'll get to it. Don't even try the forum for help there though, everyone asked for the same thing and no one answer....:sun