PDA

View Full Version : SAC Announcements

Cuffs
01-09-2007, 19:11
OK, this is getting old (at least to me.)

How does everyone feel about SAC sales being posted here on WB?

Me? I think that if Im logged on, I'll check SAC to see whats new. Many items on SAC are only there for a short time and may be long gone before any of us read the thread.

SAC also has a special notification (if you want it) every time a new item is posted. I feel that if one is so inclined, they will set this up for themselves.

I find it kind of frustrating to read a thread about the latest item listed only to find the item was gone hours ago.

Do you want other WB members to keep listing the items (in their opinion) that are worth listing on WB, or have them disregard and leave it up to you to find your own good deal?

Hikerhead
01-09-2007, 19:24
That's Steep And Cheap FWIW. I'd say post em.

Trillium
01-09-2007, 19:33
I was more disappointed that someone silk cocoon liner was already sold than I am when SAC items are no longer for sale.

Sly
01-09-2007, 20:58
Even though SAC is on my **** list, I think Rock or Troll should get in touch with SAC and see if they set up a revenue producing link and perhaps a single SAC forum.

Big Dawg
01-09-2007, 21:28
Sorry if anyone was bothered by my SAC thread today re: trekking poles. I surely didn't mean to offend anyone.:rolleyes::rolleyes: I check SAC & Woot most days and every once in a while I notice a great deal. One time in the past, I had forgot to check em, and noticed a thread on WB about a particular hiking related item that SAC was selling, so I jumped on it & got a great deal. Thank goodness for the person who started that thread. I had no idea someone from WB would be bothered by a thread like that. I thought we had the option of ignoring threads we had no interest in.:rolleyes::D

orangebug
01-09-2007, 21:57
Big Dawg, I've started SAC threads, also.

I don't think it is a huge problem, and these threads can be easily ignored. I voted "waste of time" because the desktop notification widget for SAC works much faster/efficiently. But this is a good way to help tune folks into this valuable web resource.

hammock engineer
01-09-2007, 23:56
I voted for the threads. If I am not interested it takes me all of about 2 seconds to look at the title and move on.

My question is what makes the SAC threads any less useful than some of the other threads here. There are plently of threads in the humor and general forums that I have no interest in reading, and serve no purpose other than to entertain the readers of the thread. Should we also put limitations on these? The SAC threads are at least trying to save some people money. I don't subscribe to the politics forum. Not something I want to read about. So I don't. Some of that spills over into threads in other forums, I just skip it and move on.

A lot of threads go south really quick. That is way I usually only read the first page or so of any threads.

I guess my point is no one is making anyone read the entire thread or there is not a limit to the number of threads that WB can hold (I'm sure there is a finite number somewhere). If you don't like them don't read it.

Big Dawg
01-10-2007, 10:11
I voted for the threads. If I am not interested it takes me all of about 2 seconds to look at the title and move on.

My question is what makes the SAC threads any less useful than some of the other threads here. There are plently of threads in the humor and general forums that I have no interest in reading, and serve no purpose other than to entertain the readers of the thread. Should we also put limitations on these? The SAC threads are at least trying to save some people money. I don't subscribe to the politics forum. Not something I want to read about. So I don't. Some of that spills over into threads in other forums, I just skip it and move on.

A lot of threads go south really quick. That is way I usually only read the first page or so of any threads.

I guess my point is no one is making anyone read the entire thread or there is not a limit to the number of threads that WB can hold (I'm sure there is a finite number somewhere). If you don't like them don't read it.

EXACTLY!!!:rolleyes:

Ewker
01-10-2007, 12:43
I voted yes. I normally check S&C every 15 minutes anyway

Cuffs
01-10-2007, 12:53
Your responses are what I was looking for. Since there is no "exact" place for SAC info, I have seen it in several different areas. I'll get with Troll to see if we should creat its own forum or just have a thread for it.

Big Dawg
01-10-2007, 13:18
Your responses are what I was looking for. Since there is no "exact" place for SAC info, I have seen it in several different areas. I'll get with Troll to see if we should creat its own forum or just have a thread for it.

Sounds good! Thanks for what you do!!

Dawg

hammock engineer
01-10-2007, 14:31
I posted this on another thread one time. But how about 1 ongoing thread where people post good deals they find online. That way they would be all in one place (the same thread). It could include other sales, rebates, coupons, or whatever people find. It could be a nice improvement.

orangebug
01-10-2007, 14:34
The problem is that the thread title can let a browser know exactly what the product is and where to go for it. Making a single thread without a changing title can become a usless thread, much like a few Mega-Threads we currently see.

I can glance at the title, decide to read more or move on in just a fraction of a second.

sirbingo
01-10-2007, 15:13
Everytime I see a SAC post when I go to the SAC page I'm always SOL :mad:

How about a SAC forum? :-?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-10-2007, 15:20
May I suggest a 'sticky' type thread in the 'for sell' section -- when someone wants to announce a SAC item you would just post to the thread which would bump it into new posts - one thread = less clutter.

hammock engineer
01-10-2007, 15:26
May I suggest a 'sticky' type thread in the 'for sell' section -- when someone wants to announce a SAC item you would just post to the thread which would bump it into new posts - one thread = less clutter.

Good idea. I wonder if ATTroll could make it so anyone can edit the title of a thread. This way it would be one thread in the for sell forum. The title could be changed to have the name of new item. People could continue to post comments in that thread.