PDA

View Full Version : First Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner

Rain Man
01-10-2007, 12:25
A few of us WhiteBlazers in middle Tennessee have discussed getting together for dinner some time. Well, the time has come!

Anyone interested in going out to dinner some time this month or next? Suggestions? Nominate a restaurant. Suggest a day of the week and/or a week or month.

This is your chance to speak up if interested. Later I'll consult with a couple other WBers and will announce a time and place.

Hope to see some of you there!

Rain:sunMan

Ewker
01-10-2007, 12:30
I am interested in it. Any night except Tuesday would work for me. I am not picky when it comes to eating so any restaurant is ok with me.

Jaybird
01-10-2007, 13:09
count me in...

i'd suggest Cracker Barrel or the Catfish House for the location!

are you pickin' up the tab Rain Man? or is ATTROLL?

hehehehehehehe:D

Ewker
01-10-2007, 13:21
Is the Catfish House in LaVergne?

Cuffs
01-10-2007, 13:23
Do we have to be in TN to attend? Nash-vegas is just a short drive from NorthCentral AL... Can I come?

Cuffs
01-10-2007, 13:24
Pretty please? With sad puppy dog eyes and pouty lip....

Captain Slider
01-10-2007, 13:44
I would really enjoy a dinner and chance to meet others in my area.. please follow up on your post.. set a date and place.. add this name to the seating chart.. and soon.. I am bored.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-10-2007, 13:48
Pretty please? With sad puppy dog eyes and pouty lip....Most of them will be at the SoRuck and puppy dog eyes work better in person :D

FishBone
01-10-2007, 14:37
Sounds like a great idea to put some faces with names. How about Bosco's in the village, Blackstone on West End, Market Street Brewery on Lower Broad (detect a theme here?), or Kazoo in Cummins Station? Tues, Wed (in January), or Thu would work for me.:D

Ewker
01-10-2007, 14:40
Most of them will be at the SoRuck and puppy dog eyes work better in person :D

I have seen her puppy eyes and pouty lips before...both are nice by the way :p

MOWGLI
01-10-2007, 14:42
I might be interested, but I'd probably want to combine it with another activity in the Nashville area - in order to justify burning the gas. It's about 240 miles round trip. Let me know as things move along on this.

bigcranky
01-10-2007, 14:52
I'll be in Nashville the first weekend in February for a conference. If you're going to do it then, let me know.

I like the Noshville deli. Mmmm, pastrami.

Cuffs
01-10-2007, 14:57
Most of them will be at the SoRuck and puppy dog eyes work better in person :D

OH, I didnt see where it said they were going this weekend. Sorry guys!

Lilred
01-10-2007, 16:35
Anytime is great for me. I got a broken foot and have to stay off it till Febuary 1st, so the 1st weekend in Feb. works for me too. Alhikergal, C'mon, the more the merrier. Anyplace but Cracker Barrel, please. How bout the Spaghetti Factory?

neo
01-10-2007, 18:38
Pretty please? With sad puppy dog eyes and pouty lip....

:) heck yeah we would be glad to have ya,:cool: neo

neo
01-10-2007, 18:39
I might be interested, but I'd probably want to combine it with another activity in the Nashville area - in order to justify burning the gas. It's about 240 miles round trip. Let me know as things move along on this.

:D we could combine it with hillary clinton adoration party:cool: neo

stumpy
01-10-2007, 18:40
I would love to get together. Just let me know where and when. I live close enough to do just about any night, and I love to EAT!!!!!!!!!

neo
01-10-2007, 18:40
[quote=Rain Man;300761]A few of us WhiteBlazers in middle Tennessee have discussed getting together for dinner some time. Well, the time has come!

Anyone interested in going out to dinner some time this month or next? Suggestions? Nominate a restaurant. Suggest a day of the week and/or a week or month.

This is your chance to speak up if interested. Later I'll consult with a couple other WBers and will announce a time and place.

:) count me in,any time:cool: neo

TJ aka Teej
01-10-2007, 19:05
If you wear trail runners and talk Trail - call it a Ruck! :D
Have a great time everyone!

neo
01-10-2007, 20:50
:) lets do it rainman :cool: neo

StarLyte
01-10-2007, 22:26
What an excellent idea !! :sun

Queen Diva
01-10-2007, 22:28
A few of us WhiteBlazers in middle Tennessee have discussed getting together for dinner some time. Well, the time has come!

Nashville Ruck Dinner?! Awesome idea----tell us when and where--I will bring Papa Smurf and Flame.....

Hope it is SOON cause by March 1 I will be out of TN and in Hot Springs--(BTW--wanna' hear my sob story or is it too late???)

Sunny aka Sunrise:sun

Queen Diva
01-10-2007, 22:32
Nashville Ruck Dinner?! Awesome idea----tell us when and where--I will bring Papa Smurf and Flame.....

Hope it is SOON cause by March 1 I will be out of TN and in Hot Springs--(BTW--wanna' hear my sob story or is it too late???)

Sunny aka Sunrise:sun

Oooooooooooooops!! :o

I am at Bears Den and posted as Queen Diva--uh--ohhhh!

She will not be there---but I will--:D --LOL---:sun

Tractor
01-10-2007, 22:35
Let me know when & where. I'll be there as long as I'm able. What about cool springs area?

Jaybird
01-11-2007, 08:33
A few of us WhiteBlazers in middle Tennessee have discussed getting together for dinner some time. Well, the time has come!........Rain:sunMan.

Okay Rain Man.........looks like we have the interest....pick a date, place, & time & let's EAT!

Name Tags for EVERYBODY!:D

neo
01-11-2007, 12:37
i am looking forward to meeting everybody:cool: neo

The Solemates
01-11-2007, 15:53
we would consider joining for a weekend dinner. i suggest hibachi.

Lilred
01-11-2007, 16:20
Looking forward to this dinner, I'll come, broken foot and all if before Feb. Can't wait to meet everyone.

TN_Hiker
01-11-2007, 17:13
Sounds fun, I'm game. Just give a date and place

karo
01-11-2007, 17:21
I am interested in meeting more WBlazers also. Just pick a time and a location and I'll be there!

No Pepsi
01-11-2007, 18:03
I might be interested in joining you. Because I see a lot of people driving around town with AT stickers and wonder who they are.

No Pepsi '03

CaptChaos
01-11-2007, 22:18
Sounds interesting. I work in Louisville during the week and come home on the weekends until April/2007. If you are doing it on a weekend then I would be interested.

Capt Chaos.

Turtle2
01-11-2007, 22:38
Sounds like fun. Weekends are better for me. The 1.5 hour trip is tough to make and still eat at a decent time during the week.

Will watch for info.

Hikerhead
01-12-2007, 00:16
I wish I could come, but if I was, I would vote for Dinner on the General Jackson and then a round of drinks at the Whitehorse. Oh ya !!!

stumpy
01-12-2007, 11:38
I wish I could come, but if I was, I would vote for Dinner on the General Jackson and then a round of drinks at the Whitehorse. Oh ya !!!

Sounds like a plan! Are you pay'n?

MOWGLI
01-12-2007, 11:52
I'm passing through Nashvegas tonite on my way to Louisville. Too bad it's not tonite. Passin' back through Sunday afternoon.

Rain Man
01-12-2007, 11:57
Okay, from the looks of it, a Saturday is the preferred day of the week. I'm busy the 20th and out of town the 3rd, so it'll be the 27th, unless there's a popular rebellion. That's just over two weeks away.

I am thinking of an "early dinner" (5-ish?) so folks from out-of-town can drive home afterwards if they need, and others will still have some time to be tourists in town if they want, and also we can more easily get a room or large tables.

Any more suggestions of a place? I'm thinking a nice safe chain restaurant (O'Charley's, Logan's Road House, or some such) off an Interstate exit (easy to find and somewhat broad menu). I'll pick something, but am happy to hear suggestions of what and where.

Finally, if anyone needs a place to stay overnight, I'm betting some of us would be willing to put you up in our homes. A dangerous offer, but I invite anyone to at least ask if they need a place, and I'll leave it up to folks to arrange that among themselves, if anyone wants to offer.

Who'll be the official photographer for us??? Shall we post notices at REI, Cumberland Transit, Blue Ridge Mtn Sports? Other ideas? Anything I'm forgetting?

Lilred
01-12-2007, 12:45
Rain Man,
I thought with all your experience with band, you'd be the photographer....

I wouldn't post notices, let's keep this for WB's only.

A restaurant close to the interstate would work, but I can't think of anything right now, except Mama Mia's and that's prolly too small.

Anything you come up with will be fine. We're there for the company anyhow, not the food.

The Solemates
01-12-2007, 14:56
Okay, from the looks of it, a Saturday is the preferred day of the week. I'm busy the 20th and out of town the 3rd, so it'll be the 27th, unless there's a popular rebellion. That's just over two weeks away.

I am thinking of an "early dinner" (5-ish?) so folks from out-of-town can drive home afterwards if they need, and others will still have some time to be tourists in town if they want, and also we can more easily get a room or large tables.

Any more suggestions of a place? I'm thinking a nice safe chain restaurant (O'Charley's, Logan's Road House, or some such) off an Interstate exit (easy to find and somewhat broad menu). I'll pick something, but am happy to hear suggestions of what and where.

Finally, if anyone needs a place to stay overnight, I'm betting some of us would be willing to put you up in our homes. A dangerous offer, but I invite anyone to at least ask if they need a place, and I'll leave it up to folks to arrange that among themselves, if anyone wants to offer.

Who'll be the official photographer for us??? Shall we post notices at REI, Cumberland Transit, Blue Ridge Mtn Sports? Other ideas? Anything I'm forgetting?

the 27th is one of the few weekends we will be in town, so I will ask lady solemate if she has any plans. we dont care where we eat; we eat everything. Of the choices you gave, I'd pick Logan's.

One suggestion that I do have is that people bring maps/guidebooks/etc of off the beaten path (ie, little heard about) places in mid and/or western TN and the surrounding areas that are good hiking. For instance, I have good knowledge of the Ozark Highlands Trail (AR) and the AL Pinhoti (AL) that I could share. My next section hike is perhaps the River-to-River trail (IL) or in Savage Gulf (TN), or in Sipsey (AL), etc. But I have little knowledge of these areas, or others that I may not know about that are even closer. I would love to discuss with others some of the places they have been, and really like to have a map/guidebook/web info to reference.

leeki pole
01-12-2007, 16:04
I grew up in Southern Illinois so I know a bit about the River to River Trail. Haven't done it yet, though. I've got Sipsey Wilderness maps that I'd be glad to share. I'll try to make the way up the Natchez Trace if all goes well. Hope to see you there!

Keith

Captain Slider
01-12-2007, 16:23
Wonderful time and plan.... Logans sounds great.. good price range and selection. Call ahead and get us a room. Anyone interested in a day hike before dinner..? Thanks for the idea... looking forward to meeting all !

Lilred
01-12-2007, 20:16
Wonderful time and plan.... Logans sounds great.. good price range and selection. Call ahead and get us a room. Anyone interested in a day hike before dinner..? Thanks for the idea... looking forward to meeting all !

Can't do the dayhike :mad:

karo
01-12-2007, 21:24
Which Logan's are we talking about here? I know there is one in Cool Springs area and several around Nashvegas. If someone wants to stop by REI, it is in the neighborhood and Radnor Lake has great hiking nearby for a dayhike. Also Warner Parks, but we could plan a trip anywhere in
Middle Tenn. if interested.

BTW, does Logan's have rooms to reserve for large groups?

karo
01-12-2007, 21:29
I'm passing through Nashvegas tonite on my way to Louisville. Too bad it's not tonite. Passin' back through Sunday afternoon.
If you wanted to stop in Nashvegas to eat on Sunday, drop us a line. There is a Hooter's at I-24 and Harding Place right on your way, hint, hint.

Ewker
01-15-2007, 12:30
Logan's sounds good to me but which one? Sat the 27th has been marked on my calendar

MOWGLI
01-15-2007, 13:05
I won't be able to make it, as I have an all day meeting on the 27th, and guests staying over that night. I hope you all have a good time!

karo
01-15-2007, 15:26
It doesn't matter which Logan's we go to as I live near Nashville. But since several are coming from the south, then we could possibly have it at the Cool Springs location. It is near REI if anyone needed to stop by there before supper. I would be glad to lead a hike to Radnor Lake that Saturday morning if anyone is interested. Just ideas mind you, I will be happy to meet anywhere, anytime.

Rain Man
01-16-2007, 01:20
It doesn't matter which Logan's we go to as I live near Nashville. But since several are coming from the south, then we could possibly have it at the Cool Springs location. It is near REI if anyone needed to stop by there before supper. I would be glad to lead a hike to Radnor Lake that Saturday morning if anyone is interested. Just ideas mind you, I will be happy to meet anywhere, anytime.

Great minds think alike... though I am thinking the Brentwood location of Logan's Road House at the new Target shopping center. Very close to REI and Radnor Lake State Natural Area too. And easier to find than the Cool Springs one. We could all head over to REI after dinner. Could even arrange for them to make a presentation to us; maybe get one of their thru-hikers to speak to us about new gear or some such.

I plan to check with Logan's tomorrow about accomodating our group. I'll be posting a final decision this week.

karo
01-16-2007, 19:14
Rainman that sounds great, I didn't know there was a Logan's over there. It is going to be awesome to meet some of you!!!

Rain Man
01-16-2007, 23:40
Rain Man that sounds great, I didn't know there was a Logan's over there. It is going to be awesome to meet some of you!!!

Well, it won't be Logan's. Took wife to dinner there tonight to check it out and speak with the manager.

First of all, they have absolutely no separate area for us to eat as a group.

Secondly, the manager never made it over to speak with me, even though I told the maitre' de when we arrived that I'd like to speak with the manager about bringing in a group. Seems to me they don't want the business.

I'll check O'Charley's next, though there is a Ruby Tuesday's next door to the REI. Hmmmmm.

I'm also going to ask REI if they'll do a "new gear" presentation to us after our dinner, around 7:00 at REI.

stumpy
01-17-2007, 00:40
The last time that my wife and I went to REI, we ate at that Ruby Tuesday's. It is kind of small. However, we did see Vince Young eating there that night.

Jaybird
01-17-2007, 08:44

It's the WILDHORSE Saloon...on 2nd Ave....but, THANKS for the suggestion!:D

Jaybird
01-17-2007, 08:50
Okay, from the looks of it, a Saturday is the preferred day of the week. ......................... so it'll be the 27th, .................................................. .................................................. ...Who'll be the official photographer for us??? Rain:sunMan.

i'll be bringing my camera!:D

Ewker
01-17-2007, 11:28
how about Famous Daves in Cool Springs or Hermitage.

karo
01-17-2007, 11:54
how about Famous Daves in Cool Springs or Hermitage.
Do you know if they can accomodate our group? I think we could possibly have between 12-20 if everyone interested shows up.:-?

karo
01-17-2007, 13:05
I just called Famous Dave's and they are happy to have us. Let me know if that is ok with everyone, how many can make it and I'll call them and confirm the reservation. Here is a link to the menu:

http://www.famousdaves.com/menu.cfm

karo
01-17-2007, 13:06
BTW it is Famous Dave's at Cool Springs in Franklin TN.

Rain Man
01-17-2007, 13:53
I just called Famous Dave's and they are happy to have us. Let me know if that is ok with everyone, how many can make it and I'll call them and confirm the reservation....

Uh, Karo, if'n you don't mind, I'll take care of the details. Thanks, but this is not a democracy nor is this tyrant interested in being overthrown before his coronation! ~wink~

Thanks, all, for sending suggestions, however! Keep 'em coming. I appreciate them and will let you know what I decide.

karo
01-17-2007, 17:53
Uh, Karo, if'n you don't mind, I'll take care of the details. Thanks, but this is not a democracy nor is this tyrant interested in being overthrown before his coronation! ~wink~

Thanks, all, for sending suggestions, however! Keep 'em coming. I appreciate them and will let you know what I decide.

Rain Man PLEASE accept my apology, I didn't mean to take it over from ya, just trying to help. This is your idea, so you run with it, I'll stay out of the planning but I'm still gonna crash your party, LOL

Ewker
01-17-2007, 18:16
Rain Man PLEASE accept my apology, I didn't mean to take it over from ya, just trying to help. This is your idea, so you run with it, I'll stay out of the planning but I'm still gonna crash your party, LOL

Rain Man, don't listen to him. He wanted to be in charge of this get together. I know him and know how he is :p :D ;)

Rain Man
01-17-2007, 19:46
Rain Man PLEASE accept my apology....

Don't fret, Karo. I won't hold it against you, in spite of what Ewker says!!! :D

Though, if you want to buy me a nice dessert to make up for it, hmmmmmmm. LOL

For everyone's information, I spoke with REI today and they are looking into putting on a "new gear" seminar for us that evening at 7:00. They are definitely interested. Will keep you posted on whether that's gonna work out.

karo
01-17-2007, 20:38
Hey YOU asked for suggestions, so you got them, LOL.
Anyhoo, over lunch today I asked my co-workers who live in the area where was a good place to eat that would handle our group. Famous Dave's and Sportman's Grill came up. When I called Famous Dave's they wanted my name and number but I told them I was just interested, that's all. I don't go out to eat in that area any more because of the long lines and the traffic. Most places unfortunately don't cater to a large group any more, esp. Logan's as Rain Man found out when he talked to them. I'm confident he will find us a great place to dine!

Hikerhead
01-17-2007, 22:32
It's the WILDHORSE Saloon...on 2nd Ave....but, THANKS for the suggestion!:D

You're right. The Whitehorse is someplace in Raleigh, NC I believe. Oh, there's another one two in...better shut up.

If I ever get down that way again I'll have to meet you at the WILDhorse and I'll buy ya a round. What a place, what a town, where did I park my car.

Yall have a great time, I know you will. And be sure to date those pictures. :)

Captain Slider
01-18-2007, 14:00
Ok.. I am in my normal state.. confused... I think I have the date right.. Sat the 27th of Jan.. but the time and place seem to be fuzzy... I can yellow blaze to the correct spot if I just know where it is... will I need a GPS.. or will someone provide directions.???

Rain Man
01-18-2007, 16:03
Ok.. I am in my normal state.. confused... I think I have the date right.. Sat the 27th of Jan.. but the time and place seem to be fuzzy... I can yellow blaze to the correct spot if I just know where it is... will I need a GPS.. or will someone provide directions.???

You're not confused, you just don't know it!!! LOL

You hit the nail on the head. The date has been announced and I'll announce the time now too--

Saturday, January 27th, at 5:00 pm.

The place isn't settled. I visited one restaurant (Logan's Road House), hopeful it'd be good for us to meet, but it wasn't. This evening I visit another (O'Charley's at 5:00. Anyone want to join me?). Both are in the Brentwood suburb of Nashville, easy-to-find right off I-65, and near REI to boot.

Anyway, you are correct, no location announced as of yet. But y'all can still mark your calendars!

Ewker
01-18-2007, 16:32
Rain Man, right next door to O'Charleys is the Brentwood Grill (use to be Pargos). Good food but can be a little pricey when compared to O'Charleys.

Cuffs
01-18-2007, 17:07
Not that its the greatest place to eat, but reasonable and usually have a meeting room is Ryans or their counter part, Fire Mountain... got one of those nearby?

Ewker
01-18-2007, 17:36
Not that its the greatest place to eat, but reasonable and usually have a meeting room is Ryans or their counter part, Fire Mountain... got one of those nearby?

shudders at the thought of Ryans :eek:

Rain Man
01-18-2007, 22:14
Okay folks, tonight I ate at O'Charley's and it was like night and day from Logan's Road House. O'Charley's has a nice separate area we can have to ourselves. The background music is soft, not so loud you can't carry on a conversation. And the manager actually acted like they'd like to host our group. Plus, they have a fairly diverse menu, in my opinion, though if you have special dietary needs, you might contact them or bring your own (they won't mind). Here are the contact and location details--

O'Charley's Restaurant
Linda Weaver, Service Manager
615-370-0274
100 East Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027

You can MapQuest directions, or just head south from downtown Nashville about five miles on I-65 to Exit 74. Go west on Old Hickory Blvd about a quarter mile to the first traffic light not right at the interchange. You'll see O'Charley's on the left. Turn left on East Park Drive, then left into the O'Charley's parking lot.

Be there at 5:00 pm on Saturday, January 27, 2007.

Ask for the Appalachian Trail group, or the hiking group, or the WhiteBlaze group.

Can y'all please let me know if you're coming, so I can give them (and REI?) a rough head count some time? THANKS.

Afterwards, we can head down to REI. Still waiting to hear if they'll do a "new gear" presentation for us at 7:00. There's a Starbucks right in front of REI, for those interested in such.

Looking forward to seeing y'all there!!! Jaybird has agreed to act as our official photographer. I've asked him if he might be able to bring Mr. & Mrs. Model-T, but haven't heard yet.

karo
01-18-2007, 23:12
Rain Man I'll be there. DK yet if anyone will come with me so put me down as one for now. Are we still hiking before the meal?

Ewker
01-19-2007, 00:27
count me in and I will bring my camera

Rain Man
01-19-2007, 01:42
Rain Man I'll be there. DK yet if anyone will come with me so put me down as one for now. Are we still hiking before the meal?

Who was it who volunteered to lead a hike at Radnor Lake that afternoon? That is a great idea, for those interested in the largest state natural area in any US city. There are miles of interesting trail, not to mention the lake itself, and lots of wildlife.

Lilred
01-19-2007, 16:46
Count me in. I'll be there.

Cuffs
01-19-2007, 17:37
Put me down as a maybe at this point, and I will confirm or decline soon as I know my work schedule.

Rain Man
01-19-2007, 18:52
REI just called and confirmed that they WILL be putting on a "New Gear" seminar for us at 7:00, after our dinner on the 27th.

All are invited!

Rain Man
01-19-2007, 18:58
.... I would be glad to lead a hike to Radnor Lake that Saturday morning if anyone is interested. ...

Karo has made this nice offer. Anybody want to do a hike at Radnor Lake State Natural Area some time before our dinner? If so, please let Karo know. Post a reply. If you haven't been to Radnor, this is a good opportunity.

karo
01-20-2007, 14:05
Rainman, I would be glad to lead a hike at Radnor Lake. I think 1 pm would be a good time to meet and we could even meet somewhere around O'Charley's and carpool to Radnor if anyone wants. If may be hard to find if you haven't been there before. We will plan on being back at O'Charley's just before 5 for the gathering. Interested parties post here or call my cell at 615 419-8598.

Jaybird
01-21-2007, 09:57
Nashville RUCK 2007: Jan 27th 5pm

Hey Rain Man...

i'll be there..."D-bird" most likely won't...

"Model-T" says he be there with a few trail stories from his 2006 thru-hike...

"Papa Smurf & Flame" are coming...

& a few others from this neck-of-the-woods....

looking foward to meeting all the area WhiteBlaze.netters!:D

Lilred
01-21-2007, 13:21
Very cool Jaybird. Looking forward to seeing you again!!

Mountain Maiden
01-21-2007, 19:32
Nashville RUCK 2007: Jan 27th 5pm

Hey Rain Man...

i'll be there..."D-bird" most likely won't...

"Model-T" says he be there with a few trail stories from his 2006 thru-hike...

"Papa Smurf & Flame" are coming...

& a few others from this neck-of-the-woods....

looking foward to meeting all the area WhiteBlaze.netters!:D

Hey Jaybird, Just left PS and Flame (after a GREAT weeklong visit.) They will NOT be able to make it Sat. for dinner. :(

I am planning on coming and will report back to them Sat nite...

See ya'll there!
Sunny aka Sunrise ga-me '02 aka Cody Zamora :sun

Rain Man
01-23-2007, 12:25
Okay guys and gals, fellow hikers, it's FOUR DAYS and counting to the First Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner. Here are the details and notes, in order as they'll happen this Saturday, January 27th, 2007--

1. Post a message to Karo on here if you're interested in a Saturday hike at Radnor Lake State Natural Area, just a couple of miles away from O'Charley's. http://www.radnorlake.org/ Also, for those so inclined, REI is having one of its Volunteer Days at Radnor Lake this Saturday from 8:00 till noon. Work and get a free t-shirt?

2. THE MAIN EVENT, dinner is at 5:00 p.m. Central Time at--

O'Charley's Restaurant
Linda Weaver, Service Manager; phone 615-370-0274
100 East Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027

You can MapQuest directions, or just head south from downtown Nashville about five miles on I-65 to Exit 74B. Go west on Old Hickory Blvd about a half mile to the first traffic light not right at the interchange. You'll see O'Charley's on the left. Turn left at that light onto East Park Drive, then left into the O'Charley's parking lot.

Ask for the Appalachian Trail group, or the hiking group, or the WhiteBlaze group. (We may have some Tennessee Trails folks join us.)

If you haven't already done so, please let me know on here if you're coming, so I can give O'Charley's (and REI) a rough head count. THANKS.

3. Afterwards, we can head down to REI about a mile away. REI has arranged a "New Gear" presentation specially for our group at 7:00. They have new packs, new tents, and new sleeping bags to show and tell us about.

There's a Starbucks right in front of REI, for those interested in such.

FishBone
01-23-2007, 13:01
Hi Rain Man-
I won't be able to make the hike, but I'll be there for dinner.:D Thanks for pulling it all together! You da (Rain) Man!!:banana

Rain Man
01-23-2007, 14:00
Hi Rain Man- I won't be able to make the hike, but I'll be there for dinner.:D Thanks for pulling it all together! You da (Rain) Man!!:banana

Well, you know, it has all been a big ploy, of course, to get to take my wife out to a few nice dinners ("scouting restaurants"). Not to mention getting to go to REI and getting them to agree to specially and privately show me all their new stuff,-- on the pretense that I'd bring them a crowd of avid hikers with big bucks to spend!!! LOL

I'm looking forward to it as much as anyone! See you Saturday. Don't forget to be avid and to bring those big bucks! LOL

Who will volunteer to do name tags for us? Anyone?

Ewker
01-23-2007, 14:13
Karo, what time were you planning on doing the hike at Radnor. Are you planning on doing all of the trails or just 1-2

max patch
01-23-2007, 14:18
shudders at the thought of Ryans :eek:

too funny that the spam guy turns up his nose at ryans...

Lilred
01-23-2007, 16:12
Rain Man,
I won't tell anyone that this whole arrangement is so that you get to see me again.... We'll just keep it our secret..........

Gray Blazer
01-23-2007, 18:15
too funny that the spam guy turns up his nose at ryans...Shoot, Ryan's is where I head when I've been hiking for a while. Ya'll have a good time and don't leave any food on your plate. (Sorry:rolleyes: )

The Solemates
01-23-2007, 18:53
Rainmain....The Solemates will be attending.

We will arrive in Nashville around 3pm, and either site-see until supper at 5pm, or arrive late to the group hike. We will also be going to REI afterwards with everyone. What time does the hike start? What trail? Where are they meeting? If we arrive around 3pm, are we going to be too late, or should we just plan on missing the hike?

Rain Man
01-23-2007, 19:07
We will arrive in Nashville around 3pm, and either site-see until supper at 5pm, or arrive late to the group hike. We will also be going to REI afterwards with everyone. What time does the hike start? What trail? Where are they meeting? If we arrive around 3pm, are we going to be too late, or should we just plan on missing the hike?

I'll leave it to Karo to announce what the details are about a hike. He was nice enough to offer one if people were interested.

But I will say that if you arrive by 3:00, you could do the Ganier Ridge trail and make it to dinner on time or just a tad late. Ganier Ridge has about a 300-500 foot climb from the east parking lot on Otter Creek Road, to the top of the ridge, then it's flat again (for about a mile) till the descent to the Lake Trail. If you don't have a map, I could fax you one. The drive from Radnor Lake to O'Charley's is less than 10 minutes.

Ganier Ridge is where I do my conditioning hikes when preparing for an AT section. Over and back is about 3 miles. Or going on and doing the loop is a bit longer, but the other half of the loop is flat and takes you by the lake.

karo
01-23-2007, 20:24
I'll leave it to Karo to announce what the details are about a hike. He was nice enough to offer one if people were interested.

But I will say that if you arrive by 3:00, you could do the Ganier Ridge trail and make it to dinner on time or just a tad late. Ganier Ridge has about a 300-500 foot climb from the east parking lot on Otter Creek Road, to the top of the ridge, then it's flat again (for about a mile) till the descent to the Lake Trail. If you don't have a map, I could fax you one. The drive from Radnor Lake to O'Charley's is less than 10 minutes.

Ganier Ridge is where I do my conditioning hikes when preparing for an AT section. Over and back is about 3 miles. Or going on and doing the loop is a bit longer, but the other half of the loop is flat and takes you by the lake.

That would be ok to leave at 3 pm. We can meet at O'Charley's and probably park there and carpool over to Radnor Lake. The Gainer Ridge trail will be just fine for a pre-dinner hike. Does this sound ok to everyone? If so post here or give me a call on cell at (615) 419-8598.

Turtle2
01-23-2007, 22:29
Bummer. I was looking forward to meeting all but, must be in Chi town on Saturday eve. Maybe next time.

Have fun!

Ewker
01-23-2007, 23:08
Karo, I will go on the hike. Would a 2:30 meet time be better so we aren't rushed?

Rain Man
01-24-2007, 11:49
I'm getting RSVPs from out-of-towners. If any of them want to pitich a tent or hammock in my backyard (I live very close to where we'll be), they're more than welcome. Of, if they prefer a bed in a house, well, let me know and I'll see what I can arrange, if it helps anyone attending the dinner.

The temporary residency application is only a dozen pages long (we shortened it); the criminal background check is a formality (the FBI tells me), and the deposit is quite reasonable (so long as my banker approves the required letters of credit)! :D :D :D

The Solemates
01-24-2007, 16:59
Rain Man, in your PM to me you asked where I found a map of Radnor Lake. You're the one who posted the link! :) Theres a pdf on there.

The website, however, does not state how to get there from out of town. Coming up I-40 North, can someone give me directions to OCharley's/Radnor Lake?

Lilred
01-24-2007, 18:10
Rain Man, in your PM to me you asked where I found a map of Radnor Lake. You're the one who posted the link! :) Theres a pdf on there.

The website, however, does not state how to get there from out of town. Coming up I-40 North, can someone give me directions to OCharley's/Radnor Lake?

I-40 runs east and west. Just take 40 to 65 heading south and follow Rain Man's directions from there.

Hikerhead
01-24-2007, 20:23
Oh Yeah!! I'm coming down on Friday. Maybe hit the Wildhorse or that dive that Randy Travis got discovered at where he worked washing dishes. The Grand Old Opera late show is very high on the list also sat night. Anybody want to join me feel free.

stumpy
01-24-2007, 22:27
The dive you speak of has moved one block down the street. The original owner closed it down, and some others have renevated another building and started it back up. Just thought you may like to know. It is next to "cooter's place", the "Dukes" museum!;)

Hikerhead
01-24-2007, 23:31
Thanks. I wonder, is that the same Cooters that used to be in Sperryville, Va?

The dive you speak of has moved one block down the street. The original owner closed it down, and some others have renevated another building and started it back up. Just thought you may like to know. It is next to "cooter's place", the "Dukes" museum!;)

Rain Man
01-25-2007, 00:04

Well, you just taught me something! That map used to not be there. I didn't know they had finally put one on the site. GOOD. And thanks for the info.

O'Charley's directions have already been posted. Plus the street address if you wish to MapQuest it.

To get to the Radnor Lake "East Parking Lot" on Otter Creek Road, come south from downtown Nashville on I-65. Take the Harding Place Exit 78 to the west. Immediately over the hill you'll hit a light at Franklin Pike. Turn left (south) on Franklin Pike. Go approximately 1.5 miles to the second traffic light. The first light will be Tyne Blvd to the right. The second light is Otter Creek Road to the right (Hogan to the left). Take Otter Creek Road up the hill and over the hill you'll enter Radnor Lake State Natural Area. When you get to the East Parking Lot, Otter Creek Road will be blocked. It's for pedestrian traffic only. The trailhead is next to the restrooms next to the parking lot.

Clear as mud? You can also get there from Exit 74B and backtracking about 2.5 miles up Franklin Pike, if that helps.

The Solemates
01-25-2007, 12:12
well we both need to open our eyes, cause i didnt realize you already posted directions :eek:

karo
01-25-2007, 22:48
I was planning on meeting at O'Charley's to leave from and carpool up to Radnor Lake and hike from the east side. You can definetly miss the turn if you haven't been there before. It will just be easier this way. Since the Solemates can't be there till 3 that is when we can meet. That will give us 2 hours and that is plenty to hike Gainer Ridge trail to the lake and back. It is under 2 miles total I think. Then when we return, our vehicles will already be at the restaurant. They shouldn't be too busy around 3 that we can't park there, esp since we are eating earlier than their big push at 6-8 pm.

Jaybird
01-26-2007, 07:54
I was planning on meeting at O'Charley's to leave from and carpool up to Radnor Lake and hike from the east side..............etc,etc,etc,.............. esp since we are eating earlier than their big push at 6-8 pm.

yea...eating @ 5pm so we can get in on those "EARLYBIRD SPECIALS"...hehehehehehehehe:D

The Solemates
01-26-2007, 11:20
I was planning on meeting at O'Charley's to leave from and carpool up to Radnor Lake and hike from the east side. You can definetly miss the turn if you haven't been there before. It will just be easier this way. Since the Solemates can't be there till 3 that is when we can meet. That will give us 2 hours and that is plenty to hike Gainer Ridge trail to the lake and back. It is under 2 miles total I think. Then when we return, our vehicles will already be at the restaurant. They shouldn't be too busy around 3 that we can't park there, esp since we are eating earlier than their big push at 6-8 pm.

dont wait around on us...3pm is our best estimate, as we have prior engagements sat morning, but we will try to leave asap.

Rain Man
01-26-2007, 11:26
yea...eating @ 5pm so we can get in on those "EARLYBIRD SPECIALS"...hehehehehehehehe:D

With that and the Senior Discounts, don't restaurants pay you to eat there, Jaybird?!!!
:D

neo
01-26-2007, 13:01
:) i will see you all saturday:cool: neo

Rain Man
01-26-2007, 13:45
Okie dokie, fellow WhiteBlazers. Our big dinner plans are all set for tomorrow at 5:00 at O'Charley's, along with an REI presentation at 7:00, and a hike at 3:00 (right Karo?) at Radnor Lake State Natural Area. Directions and details have been posted previously.

Now I need a head count. Not that you can't come unannounced at the last minute, but please let me know if you plan to attend. Here are ones I'm counting as definite (some are bringing spouses); I don't need an RSVP from these (unless it's to decline)--

Rain Man
Ewker
Neo
LilRedMG
Jaybird
Model-T
The Solemates
Hikerhead
Karo
Fishbone
Mountain Maiden
AlHikerGal
Captain Slider

That's a baker's dozen. We might have a couple of local Tennessee Trails Associaton Nashville Chapter folks join us (they lurk on WhiteBlaze).

Those who early on indicated a definite interest, but have never confirmed one way or the other, and I'm still waiting on, include--

Stumpy
Turtle2
Capt Chaos
No Pepsi '03
TN-Hiker
Tractor

So, this last group and anyone not on either list, please let me know, if at all possible, if you are coming or not.

THANKS!!!

Mountain Maiden
01-26-2007, 13:52
Ohhhh Psshhaaawwww!! :( :mad:

I just found out I will not be able to make the trip to join y'all tomorrow night!

Boo-hooo---I was so looking fwd to meeting all of you--

Have fun tho' and be sure to do a 'trip report' for those of us who will miss it!

Sunny aka Sunrise :sun

Rain Man
01-26-2007, 13:58
I just found out I will not be able to make the trip to join y'all tomorrow night!

Now moving Mountain Maiden from the GOOD Guys list to the BLACK LIST.

I'll bring the darts if someone will bring a blow-up picture of her!!!
:D

Mountain Maiden
01-26-2007, 14:14
Now moving Mountain Maiden from the GOOD Guys list to the BLACK LIST.

I'll bring the darts if someone will bring a blow-up picture of her!!!

Aw--c'mon--Rain Man, have a little sympathy here!! :p After all, you and I have a long history-- <wink,>;) wink> Oh, and Mrs. Rain Man, too!

S--:sun</wink,>

neo
01-26-2007, 14:31
:D hey rain man,can i do a talk on my thing for hillary:cool: neo

Tractor
01-26-2007, 15:05
I'll see ya'll at O'Charley's!

Jaybird
01-26-2007, 15:07
Rain Man:

"Spunky", "DragonFly", "Puddin'" & "Allen" will also be coming to the soiree!

thanks.....see ya'll saturday!:D

karo
01-26-2007, 19:12
How many people plan on making the hike? Please post here so I don't leave anyone, THX

MOWGLI
01-26-2007, 21:08
The Grand Old Opera late show is very high on the list also sat night. Anybody want to join me feel free.

It's "Opry" Don! Even THIS Yankee knows THAT! ;)

Rain Man
01-27-2007, 00:43
Well, Hikerhead rolled into Nashville this evening from Roanoke, Virginia. So, he and I and my wife and LilRedMG went to the Gerst Haus across from the Titans' stadium for dinner! We had some great German food and got to listen to the oompah band play and sing and people danced throughout the restaurant. A rousing time!

Now I've met Hikerhead, aka "Hokie Pokie" if I heard the story correctly above the sound of the band playing and eveyone clapping to time with the music.

If he goes to the Grand Ol Opry tomorrow evening, he'll have a fully musical weekend in Music City, USA.

Hikerhead
01-27-2007, 13:44
Well, Hikerhead rolled into Nashville this evening from Roanoke, Virginia. So, he and I and my wife and LilRedMG went to the Gerst Haus across from the Titans' stadium for dinner! We had some great German food and got to listen to the oompah band play and sing and people danced throughout the restaurant. A rousing time!

Now I've met Hikerhead, aka "Hokie Pokie" if I heard the story correctly above the sound of the band playing and eveyone clapping to time with the music.

If he goes to the Grand Ol Opry tomorrow evening, he'll have a fully musical weekend in Music City, USA.

That was great place Rain Man. First time to hear a Oompah band. It was good to get to meet you, your wife and little red MG which I found out is not she doesn't own but I bet she will some day.

Opry Opry Opry (10 times) ....I went down to the Nashville Palace after dinner. There's some real talent playing down there. Jeff, you would have loved it.

The Solemates
01-27-2007, 16:24
I know its a little late in the game, but as it is now 230pm, and we have not left for the hike/supper, needless to say we will not be making it tonight. We had a conference this morning which ran way over schedule, and just got home. I apologize for backing out, but I did want to inform Rain Man and Karo. Hopefully we can make it to the next one...which by the way, there's no reason to do it just annually...we could do it quarterly or so. Sorry again.

neo
01-27-2007, 17:28
i will be leaving to go to the get together in a few minutes,white blaze fever:cool: neo

Rain Man
01-27-2007, 23:19
Well, guys and gals, we had a great time tonight at O'Charley's for dinner and the afterwards at REI for a new gear presentation that had my head swimming from all the new gear.

Thanks to --

DragonFly
Ewker
Fishbone
Hikerhead (Hokie Pokie)
Jaybird
Karo
LilRedMG
Little Feet & boy friend
Model-T
Neo
Spunky & hubby
Tractor
Robbie Benson & hubby

Did I leave anyone out? Jaybird was our official photographer, but Neo took plenty of photos too. I hope they post 'em soon.

It was FUN to spend a whole evening with hikers yakking about hiking!

neo
01-27-2007, 23:36
Well, guys and gals, we had a great time tonight at O'Charley's for dinner and the afterwards at REI for a new gear presentation that had my head swimming from all the new gear.

Thanks to --

DragonFly
Ewker
Fishbone
Hikerhead (Hokie Pokie)
Jaybird
Karo
LilRedMG
Little Feet & boy friend
Model-T
Neo
Spunky & hubby
Tractor
Robbie Benson & hubby

Did I leave anyone out? Jaybird was our official photographer, but Neo took plenty of photos too. I hope they post 'em soon.

It was FUN to spend a whole evening with hikers yakking about hiking!

:) we had a great time,here are a few pics i took:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=3462

Lilred
01-27-2007, 23:46
What a great time we had!!! It was so great to meet Whiteblazers and to see old friends from the TTA. I had a blast and am so stoked to go hiking now. This foot better heal fast!!!! Thanks to everyone for making such a great evening.

Socrates
01-27-2007, 23:52
Well poo, I read this too late! I would have come. lol I'm in Florida now, but I grew up in Murfreesboro.

Ewker
01-28-2007, 00:14
It was great meeting everyone. Thanks to Rain Man for putting all of this together. REI put on a new gear show for us. There is some nice clothing coming out soon.

The Solemates
01-28-2007, 00:47
sorry we missed it...maybe next time.

spunky
01-28-2007, 13:55
Thanks Rain Man! It was great fun meeting new people and visiting with old acquaintances. Good food! Great trail talk! Interesting presentation at REI! You ROCK!

Jaybird
01-28-2007, 16:00
Had a Great time last night @ the 1st Nashville-WhiteBlaze Ruck...

THANKS Rain Man for the idea & getting all the details in order!

Good to put some faces with those White Blaze names...

i took a few photos & will be posting them here very soon!:D

SawnieRobertson
01-28-2007, 16:28
Note the date of this writing! (January 28, a day late and a dollar short) I could have used this pick-me-up, having missed both the NO and the SO RUCKS. And I'd even been catching up on White Blaze posts. How did I miss this thread???? But you did say that it's the First ANNUAL, didn't you? I know you had fun and that there will be a repeat next year. :-)--Kinnickinic

Hikerhead
01-28-2007, 23:12
A few comments and observations....

I had a great time. Met a few whiteblazers for the first time. Went to my first German restaurant with Mr and Mrs Rain Man and LilredMG. That was fun. Radner Lake is a gem of a place. Me buying a house in Brentwood is not going to happen. If you own a sign company, don't locate in Brentwood. It was good to see Neo again and, his love for Hilary is still going strong. We'll have to talk about that kayaking trip. My country music fix has been quenched for awhile. That good looking women who got on stage at The Nashville Palace, she was awesome. Her first song, Proud Mary, was never sung better by anyone. But then she starts into I'm Here For The Party by Gretchen Wilson and the place went crazy. First the waitresses and bartenders jump up on the bar and start danceing, then the other girls/patrons jump up there too. I was having a hard time watching both shows at the same time. Another great trip to Nashville. Oh, and the new gear presentation at REI was informative and interesting. We even got to see NEO inside of a tent and we have a picture of it. Thanks for putting everything together Rain Man. And that very nice lady I was sitting beside at O'Charley's, let me tell you, that lady can do some eating. I can say that cause I live a long ways away :)

Mountain Maiden
01-29-2007, 01:31
Note the date of this writing! (January 28, a day late and a dollar short) I could have used this pick-me-up, having missed both the NO and the SO RUCKS. And I'd even been catching up on White Blaze posts. How did I miss this thread???? But you did say that it's the First ANNUAL, didn't you? I know you had fun and that there will be a repeat next year. :-)--Kinnickinic

Next YEAR??? :eek: I was kinda' hoping for next MONTH! I mean, it's just dinner right?? (We don't have to have a "show" (Opryland or Gear) each time..) I know some folks who hated to miss it and would love another opportunity (me being just one of them!)
PUHHLLEEEEEZ, Rain Man????? Pretty Please?:banana

Sunny aka Sunrise aka Cody Zamora :sun

bfitz
01-29-2007, 01:46
Wish I could be 2 places at once! (and travel instantaneously....)

Rain Man
01-29-2007, 10:51
Next YEAR??? :eek: I was kinda' hoping for next MONTH! ....
PUHHLLEEEEEZ, Rain Man????? Pretty Please?

Gosh, I don't own the franchise! Sure, someone step forward and organize another dinner for next month. I'm game.

karo
01-29-2007, 13:48
Hey we were talking about having a coup on TTA! We should just start our own thing for serious backpackers and hammock hangers. Any time ya'll want to meet just let me know. I thouroughly enjoyed meeting all the WBers that showed. We may just need more tables if this was any indication of local interest!

Mountain Maiden
01-29-2007, 14:43
Gosh, I don't own the franchise! Sure, someone step forward and organize another dinner for next month. I'm game.

Same time, same place just one month later (Feb 24) work for everyone?

I'll start the list--

Sunrise
Papa Smurf
The Flame

Sunny aka Sunrise game 02 aka Cody Zamora :sun

Ewker
01-29-2007, 14:47
I will miss that one :( . I will be on a backpacking trip with Team Green :)

StarLyte
01-29-2007, 15:16

I'll start the list--

Sunrise
Papa Smurf
The Flame

All right Mountain Maiden.....just lure us there with your kindness.....February is too soon, but I'll come down some other time. Looks like you all had a real good time. Great idea this was! Hikers are the best folk. :sun

Rain Man
01-29-2007, 16:24

Right now that looks good for me!

Lilred
01-29-2007, 16:26
I'm gamey, I mean game....

neo
01-29-2007, 16:27
Right now that looks good for me!

:D rain:sun man are going to tell the rest of whiteblaze your confession you made the other night:cool: neo

Mountain Maiden
01-29-2007, 16:33
February WB Mini Ruck----

So far--

Sunrise
Papa Smurf
The Flame
Rain Man (and Mrs?)
Lilredmg

Starlyte--We'll miss you! I will be enroute to Hot Springs--as they say down South "Come go with me!" or--we'll have to plan to get together in Maine this summer!

Tractor
01-29-2007, 18:13
Mountain Maiden put me on the list! I should be back from the Left Coast that Saturday and can swing by on the way home then. t

Tractor
01-29-2007, 18:23
...and, yes, Hikerhead is correct. I, too, saw Neo in a tent. Jaybird, did u get a picture of that?

Mountain Maiden
01-29-2007, 18:38
Mountain Maiden put me on the list! I should be back from the Left Coast that Saturday and can swing by on the way home then. t

ABSOLUTELY!

New and Improved list--:)

Sunrise
Papa Smurf
The Flame
Rain Man (and Mrs?)
Lilredmg
Tractor

Ewker
01-29-2007, 20:04
...and, yes, Hikerhead is correct. I, too, saw Neo in a tent. Jaybird, did u get a picture of that?

I took 3 pictures of Neo in the Hubba. Unfortunately I took those pics with his camera :o ..they will never be seen again:(

Rain Man
01-29-2007, 22:07
I took 3 pictures of Neo in the Hubba. Unfortunately I took those pics with his camera :o ..they will never be seen again:(

Where, oh where was the official photographer when we needed him most?!!!!

Turtle2
01-30-2007, 00:17
Hey, put me on that list!! I'll be there. Come on, Neo. Where are those tent pics?

Mountain Maiden
01-30-2007, 09:16
Hey, put me on that list!! I'll be there. Come on, Neo. Where are those tent pics?

"Turtles and Tractors...." What a more can we ask? It's gonna' be great!

Sunrise
Papa Smurf
The Flame
Rain Man (and Mrs?)
Lilredmg
Tractor
Turtle2

neo
01-30-2007, 09:37

:D sorry eddie they came out blurry so i deleted them lol:cool: neo

neo
01-30-2007, 09:38

i can post them but they are blurry lol:cool: neo

FishBone
01-30-2007, 09:41
Mtn Maiden -
I had a great time meeting everyone at the dinner and seeing Neo in a tent was, indeed, a strange and wonderful sight!:eek:;) I'll have to miss the Feb 24 date - out in the woods that weekend.:(/:D But I'll be looking for the next opportunity to get out with the WB-BNA gang.

Mountain Maiden
01-30-2007, 09:49
Mtn Maiden -
I had a great time meeting everyone at the dinner and seeing Neo in a tent was, indeed, a strange and wonderful sight! I'll have to miss the Feb 24 date - out in the woods that weekend.:(/:D But I'll be looking for the next opportunity to get out with the WB-BNA gang.

Well--PSSSHHHAAAW--Dangit, We will miss ya'! :( But, enjoy the woods!

Jaybird
01-30-2007, 10:29
Hey we were talking about having a coup on TTA! We should just start our own thing for serious backpackers and hammock hangers. .................................................. ............

Yo Karo

are you a member of TTA?
Nashville chapter?

i'm an "AT-LARGE" member....NO FAT jokes, please!...but, hike w/ Clarksville chapter more than any others......:D

neo
01-30-2007, 18:41

:D you got it dude:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=15005&c=659

neo
01-30-2007, 18:42

:D anything for you beth:cool: neo

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=15005&c=659

Ewker
01-30-2007, 18:46
I am not use to taking pics looking thru the LCD screen..sorry about that :mad:

karo
01-30-2007, 21:36
Yo Karo

are you a member of TTA?
Nashville chapter?

i'm an "AT-LARGE" member....NO FAT jokes, please!...but, hike w/ Clarksville chapter more than any others......:D
I am a member of the Columbia/Franklin chapter that meets in Spring Hill. I have hiked with lots of Nashville chapter members tho.

camich
02-06-2007, 11:15
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The Mr and I would love to come out and meet more WBers!!! Please count us in.

:banana :banana

Camich

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mountain Maiden
02-06-2007, 11:54
<st1:city><st1></st1></st1:city>Papa Smurf and The Flame
Rain Man (and Mrs?)
Lilredmg
Tractor
Turtle2
Camich and Mr. Camich

Anyone else? C'mon--u know u want to!

Sunny AKA Sunrise game 02 aka Cody Zamora :sun

Ewker
02-06-2007, 11:55
if my trip falls thru I will show up

Rain Man
02-06-2007, 14:11
<st1:city><st1></st1></st1:city>
Rain Man (and Mrs?)

Yes, put the Mrs. down as attending the dinner this time.

Also, just so you know, that Saturday is another REI "Work Day" at Radnor Lake, from 8:00 til noon, I believe.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new faces this time around! And any old ones!

Jaybird
02-06-2007, 14:43
<st1:city><st1></st1></st1:city>Papa Smurf and The Flame
Rain Man (and Mrs?)
Lilredmg
Tractor
Turtle2
Camich and Mr. Camich

Anyone else? C'mon--u know u want to!
Sunny AKA Sunrise game 02 aka Cody Zamora :sun

my wife, "D-bird" & i are planning a Fall Creek Falls wkend that wkend...BUT...if it falls thru...we'd like to attend....where? what time?

do i have to sit by "Papa Smurf"???? hehehehehehehe:D

Rain Man
02-06-2007, 17:02
...where? what time?

You know, if you paid attention the least little bit..... ~wink~

Or, had perfect memory, like me?! ~tongue-in-cheek~ Mode On HIGH

They said,-- "same time, same place."

If it were me, I'd bump it up to 4:00, so out-of-towners could get home easier. 4:00 isn't too early to eat dinner.

Ewker
02-06-2007, 17:54
4:00 isn't too early to eat dinner.

Rain:sunMan.

yeah it is..dang this isn't Florida ;)

Mountain Maiden
02-06-2007, 18:07
Hey, I resemble that remark! (LOL--I am from Florida but, not to the "Early Bird Special" age yet!)

But, I am all for compromise----is 4:30 too early???

Anyone who wants to hang out and stay late is welcome to do so. Those who need to drive back can leave at a decent hour....
Me? I'm stayin' with PS and Flame--So, Party! :banana Party! :banana Party!

Oh yeah--I forgot--they're old, too!:D (PS has a BIG Birthday this year!)

Sunny aka Sunrise game 02 aka Cody Zamora:sun

Mountain Maiden
02-14-2007, 10:39
Papa Smurf
and The Flame
Rain Man
Mrs Rain Man
Lilredmg
Tractor
Turtle2
Camich
Mr. Camich
Sunrise
Little Girl
Jody??? maybe...:welcome

Still room for more---

:sun

TN_Hiker
02-14-2007, 11:37
Okay....save me the hassle of hashing back thru the prev. posts. When and where?

Thanks

Mountain Maiden
02-14-2007, 18:50
Okay....save me the hassle of hashing back thru the prev. posts. When and where?

Thanks

No prob! So, shall we add you to the list?

Saturday--February 24, 2007

O'Charley's Restaurant
615-370-0274
100 East Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027

They were still squabbling about the exact TIME-- will post it as soon as "they" let us know...:D

Gray Blazer
02-14-2007, 20:03
I took 3 pictures of Neo in the Hubba. Unfortunately I took those pics with his camera :o ..they will never be seen again:(Did anybody get any pics of hikers taking leftover food off anyone's table?

Rain Man
02-15-2007, 01:22
They were still squabbling about the exact TIME-- will post it as soon as "they" let us know...:D

You have my vote... for 4:00. :)

jodestick
02-15-2007, 19:19
i will likley be joining you for dinner!

karo
02-15-2007, 22:36
I'll plan on this gathering also, I just have had some recent health issues, actually they started before the last dinner. I have missed 7 days at work and numerous tests and they still don't know what is causing this abdominal pain. Aside from the obvious jokes it is kinda wierd just not knowing.
Any of those that want to meet early can and all the others just show up later. The first appetizer is my treat!

Rain Man
02-16-2007, 01:38
Any of those that want to meet early can and all the others just show up later. The first appetizer is my treat!

Karo, I'm with YOU!!! :)

Lilred
02-16-2007, 22:35
well, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. Put me down for a definate maybe at this point. We're moving on the 28th, so I might be up to my eyebrows in boxes and newspaper.

camich
02-20-2007, 17:46
No prob! So, shall we add you to the list?

O'Charley's Restaurant
615-370-0274
100 East Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027

Where is O'Charley's in relation to REI? 4:00 or 4:30 sounds great...we're really looking forward to it. My 2 teenage boys want to come to is that okay?

TN_Hiker
02-20-2007, 17:57
O'Charley's is right around the corner from REI. Regardless of the direction you coming from I think it best to access O'Charley's from Old Hickory Blvd. O'Charley's is one or two lights West of the Old Hickory Blvd / I65 interchange on your left hand side if your traveling West on Old Hickory from I65. It's set off from Old Hickory a little bit, but still easy to see from Old Hickory Blvd.

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 18:03
Where is O'Charley's in relation to REI? 4:00 or 4:30 sounds great...we're really looking forward to it. My 2 teenage boys want to come to is that okay?

Well, you can always MapQuest it, since the address is given. IMHO, it's fine for teenage boys to come, if that's okay with Mountain Maiden.

But from REI, go north on Franklin Road/Pike (the 5-lane road in front of REI). The first traffic light (that's one block) past the REI shopping center is Church Street on the right and Maryland Way on the left. There's a BP station on the far corner. Turn left onto Maryland Way.

On Maryland Way, go a short block over a small hill to the first traffic light. You can only turn right onto East Park Drive. There's a Taco Bell on the far corner. Turn right onto East Park Drive.

On East Park Drive, go a short block. You'll pass McDonald's on the left and you'll see O'Charley's on the right, just before Old Hickory Blvd.

My wife and I are coming, so we'll see you all there!

Rain Man
02-20-2007, 18:07
O'Charley's Restaurant
615-370-0274
100 East Park Drive
Brentwood, TN 37027

Mountain Maiden, you probably just need to make an executive decision about the time and announce it? It's more important to have a time, than what the time is.

Also, you might want to call the restaurant manager (I gave her name and number earlier in this thread) and made our group reservation, so they'll be ready for us.

I'm looking forward to meeting you! My wife and I did stop by and look at your property last year.

camich
02-20-2007, 18:25
Thanks TN Hiker and Rainman....I did try mapquest before posting here but I couldn't get it to recognize the address. I also tried from O'Charley's website but it uses Mapquest too. Anyway, thanks for the directions and we're looking forward to meeting everyone.:)

Mountain Maiden
02-20-2007, 20:17
Well, you can always MapQuest it, since the address is given. IMHO, it's fine for teenage boys to come, if that's okay with Mountain Maiden.

ME?? :eek:

Shoot--this is y'all's parade--I just invited myself and rescheduled it! :D LOL!

Seriously, tho'----BRING ANYONE YOU'D LIKE---the more the MERRIER, IMO!

However--I will be glad to call to make the rsvp. SO --pls help me out and let's post a final count--add your name to the list, pls---

So--O' Charley's, as listed above--let's say--appetizers at 4:00, if people plan to be there then but--we will start ordering DINNER at 4:30, ok? Hopefully, that suits everyone's needs.

The LIST:

Papa Smurf
and The Flame
Rain Man
Mrs Rain Man
Lilredmg
Tractor
Turtle2
Camich and 2 boys and??
Mr. Camich, right?
Sunrise
Little Girl*
Jody
Karo
Tn Hiker?

If I missed anyone or got it incorrectly, my apologies and pls add your name and/or make corrections. THX!

This is going to be GREAT! I can hardly wait to see everyone! I will call tomorrow for the reservation and promise a final number on Friday night...

*(MY daughter--LOL--- See?---Bring everyone!)

Rain Man
02-26-2007, 00:30
Thanks to Mountain Maiden aka Sunrise for coordinating the second dinner. It was fun and an almost all-new group showed up. Here's who attended yesterday:

Mountain Maiden aka Sunrise aka Sunny aka Cody Zamora
her daughter Mona (no trail name- her mom took them all?!)
Rain Man
Mrs. Rain Man
Papa Smurf
Flame (Mrs. Smurf)
Camich
Keith (Mr. Camich)
Talk (son of Camich)
Spotlight (son of Camich)
TN_Hiker
John (son of TN_Hiker)
Karo

Twelve hikers, eh? (Mona doesn't hike.) Would that have made us a "Dirty Dozen"?! LOL

TN_Hiker was anointed to be in charge of the next dinner, whenever he wants. Y'all nag him! ~wink~ We all want to do it again soon.

TN_Hiker
02-26-2007, 10:25
Rain Man: you forgot Karo...so I guess that makes a baker's dozen. It was great to put some faces to the names and all enjoyed themselves. My son was talking a mile a minute after we left -- he definitely was impressed w/ the trail talk. I believe he has a crush on Mona...LOL So let's get some input from you all.......O'Charlies again?

Ewker
02-26-2007, 11:31
sorry I missed this one. Ended up on a good hike to Laurel-Snow Pocket Wilderness. It was cool to see all the snow at the base of Laurel Falls. We camped right above Snow Falls. We survived the high winds, thunder/lightening and rain

Only weekend I have open in March is Sat 24th.

Rain Man
02-26-2007, 12:08
Rain Man: you forgot Karo...so I guess that makes a baker's dozen. It was great to put some faces to the names and all enjoyed themselves. So let's get some input from you all.......O'Charlies again?

Sorry about that! I went back and added Karo. Since Mountain Maiden's daughter isn't a hiker, I guess we still had a Dirty Dozen?! LOL

I vote for same time (4:00), same place, just to make it simple. The earlier time gives out-of-towners time to drive back home, plus we're not in the Saturday evening rush at the restaurant and can linger a bit more freely. But I'm happy to do another time or go somewhere else, TN_Hiker, if you decide that. I like to lead, follow, or get out of the way. ~wink~

Mountain Maiden
02-26-2007, 12:24
Well, you missed it, Ewker and we missed you!!

Sounds like you had a lot of excitement and adventure, tho'

TN Hiker is in charge of the next dinner----but since it is only a month away--perhaps you folks can settle on a date soon so everyone can plan ahead---March 24th looks like a good day...

Rain Man
02-26-2007, 12:37
Rain Man: you forgot Karo...so I guess that makes a baker's dozen. It was great to put some faces to the names and all enjoyed themselves. So let's get some input from you all.......O'Charlies again?

Sorry about that! I went back and added Karo. Since Mountain Maiden's daughter isn't a hiker, I guess we still had a Dirty Dozen?! LOL

I vote for same time (4:00), same place, just to make it simple. The earlier time gives out-of-towners time to drive back home, plus we're not in the Saturday evening rush at the restaurant and can linger a bit more freely. But I'm happy to do another time or go somewhere else, TN_Hiker, if you decide that. I like to lead, follow, or get out of the way. ~wink~

P.S. I posted the two photos my wife took. They are in my gallery. One shows the new WhiteBlaze t-shirt! ;)

Jaybird
02-26-2007, 12:55
sorry I missed this one. Ended up on a good hike to Laurel-Snow Pocket Wilderness. It was cool to see all the snow at the base of Laurel Falls. We camped right above Snow Falls. We survived the high winds, thunder/lightening and rainOnly weekend I have open in March is Sat 24th.

SORRY..i missed this one, too!

i wuz chasing the grand-daughter around all weekend!

camich
02-26-2007, 13:13
We had a great time! Thanks Mountain Maiden for organizing everything. My youngest son (Spotlight) joined WB as soon as we got home. Looking forward to next time:)

jodestick
02-26-2007, 14:07
sorry i missed this! my brother came into town. maybe next time!

Turtle2
02-26-2007, 23:33
:( Sorry to have missed the get together. I ended up working until 6:30 and had relatives come in to stay overnight. :cool: Third time is a charm. Looking forward to March 24!

TN_Hiker
02-28-2007, 10:13
All.....setting time & place in stone. O'Charlies in Brentwood; 4:30 pm on Saturday, March 24th. Please respond if you are planning on attending so I can make reservations accordingly. Right now I have a count of 2: myself & Turtle2

Ewker
02-28-2007, 10:20
put me down as a yes

camich
02-28-2007, 10:20
Thanks for setting it up! The 4 of us will be there (Keith, Cam, Talk & Spotlight).:)

Rain Man
02-28-2007, 11:47
All.....setting time & place in stone. O'Charlies in Brentwood; 4:30 pm on Saturday, March 24th. Please respond if you are planning on attending so I can make reservations accordingly. Right now I have a count of 2: myself & Turtle2

Put me and the Missus down as 2 more.

Would we want to plan an "official" shuffle after the appetizers and salads, when the entrees arrive? We did this at the first outing, and it gave folks a change to chat with someone else. What do you think? You don't have to shuffle everybody; I think we only did three people the first time.

Thanks, TN_Hiker, for being in charge this time.

TN_Hiker
03-21-2007, 09:57
All,

I will be making O'Charleys reservations today or tomorrow at the latest. The poor souls who are not on the trail and will be attending are:
Ewker
Camich & crew (4 total)
Rain Man & his better half

Is there anyone else who will be joining us? Please let me know ASAP.

TN_Hiker

Ewker
03-21-2007, 10:07
TN_Hiker, take me off the list. I had made plans to go to the Smokies this weekend. I forgot it was this weekend. :(

TN_Hiker
03-21-2007, 11:01
Rub it in Ewker....we all would rather be hiking. If it is just Rain Man & Camich I suggest we might want to attempt to reschedule it. Thoughts???

pokeyhontas98
03-21-2007, 11:13
Where is the SoRuck, I believe it's different from the PA Ruck, cause PA ruck has past, and I've been there a few times?

Fannypack
03-21-2007, 11:27
Where is the SoRuck, I believe it's different from the PA Ruck, cause PA ruck has past, and I've been there a few times?
http://www.whiteblaze.net/soruck/

peanuts
03-21-2007, 11:33
the soruck is held at the noc in january martin luther king weekend.

pokeyhontas98
03-21-2007, 11:39
Fanny pack and Peanuts, thanks for taking the time out to answer my question.

camich
03-21-2007, 11:41
Rub it in Ewker....we all would rather be hiking. If it is just Rain Man & Camich I suggest we might want to attempt to reschedule it. Thoughts???

TNHiker, that's fine with us if you want to reschedule. Both boys have other plans so it was just going to be me & the hubby.

Ewker
03-21-2007, 11:48
I can make plans to be there following weekend March 31st. The weekends of April 7th, April 14th and April 21st are out for me.

Rain Man
03-21-2007, 15:18

Well, this time around, it's your baby, so I respect whatever you decide.

It's a real balancing act on scheduling any event. The really frustrating thing can be when you reschedule for someone, then they don't bother to show up. So, if you do reschedule for people, I sure hope they will take that into account and actually show up on the date they asked for. Not speaking of anyone in particular and not even of WhiteBlaze, but just my experience with other groups.

My practice has been from the school of hard knocks-- I generally poll the group, giving them a chance for input, but then I make an executive decision. That's about the best you can do.

TN_Hiker
03-22-2007, 16:47
Alright folks, I'm making that executive decision! We will NOT have our WB Nashville outing on March 17th. Although I do enjoy the company of Rain Man, and Camich just the 3 of us is defeating the purpose of the Nashville gathering; which is interact and socialize with ALL WhiteBlazer's in the Middle TN area. With all that said.......let's shoot for sometime in April. I don't think May is good between the holidays, graduations, etc.... Which weekend in April will work better for you.....April 7th or April 28th? Let me know and we will go from there.

Ewker
03-22-2007, 16:59
Alright folks, I'm making that executive decision! We will NOT have our WB Nashville outing on March 17th. Although I do enjoy the company of Rain Man, and Camich just the 3 of us is defeating the purpose of the Nashville gathering; which is interact and socialize with ALL WhiteBlazer's in the Middle TN area. With all that said.......let's shoot for sometime in April. I don't think May is good between the holidays, graduations, etc.... Which weekend in April will work better for you.....April 7th or April 28th? Let me know and we will go from there.

dang I missed it already since that was last weekend :p

I have backpacking plans on April 7th, 14th and 21 so for right now the 28th looks good...no promises though:rolleyes:

stumpy
03-22-2007, 17:56
Ewker,

When are not on the trail? It makes me envoius about how often you get out there!

camich
03-22-2007, 17:59
Either of those dates will probably work for us. :) Thank you for your efforts in trying to make it work out.

Rain Man
03-22-2007, 22:15
.... Which weekend in April will work better for you.....April 7th or April 28th?...

Right now at least, either of those dates looks fine for us. The first one is Easter weekend, if that matters one way or the other.

Jaybird
03-23-2007, 08:34
Hey Nashville WhiteBlazers!

Instead of having one of these "get-together dinners" each month...why not plan it QUARTERLY....then you'll have a fixed date & those that can make it...will.....

it beats trying to get a monthly date together with so many organizers!

i think 1 ANNUAL BIG EVENT is sufficient...but, thats just me..

how about a Summer Nashville WB picnic????

Maybe @ Warner Park?:D

Tractor
03-23-2007, 09:33
I'm likin' Jaybirds ideas, quarterly and annual. I'm much more flexable, these days, with dates & places fixed weeks in advance.

MOWGLI
03-23-2007, 10:23
At some point I'd like to join you folks for an event. I check this thread infrequently however, so if there is some larger gathering planned, I'd be grateful for a PM.

Ewker
03-23-2007, 11:54
you would be more than welcome to join us if we can figure out when to meet :p

Ewker
05-24-2007, 09:54
Just thought I would bump this back-up. Anyone interested in meeting on June 16th at O'Charleys again.

Hikerhead
05-24-2007, 13:07
I would if I could. Good to see ya down at TD.

Lilred
05-24-2007, 13:43
Just thought I would bump this back-up. Anyone interested in meeting on June 16th at O'Charleys again.

Sorry Ewker,
I'll be on my section hike somewhere in the state of VA. Leaving in one week and CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ewker
05-24-2007, 14:41
Hikerhead, nice to see you again. Let us know if your ever back down this way.

Lilred, enjoy your section hike. Maybe another time.

StarLyte
05-24-2007, 15:13
Fanny pack and Peanuts, thanks for taking the time out to answer my question.

You're in between the SoRuck and the PARuck, but if you come to either, you gotta bring da Mellencamp with ya :D

Nest
05-24-2007, 18:26
I'll end up missing it too. Will be going from Springer to Fontana June 2-18. Next time.

gold bond
05-25-2007, 16:58
Will someone help me organize one in South Carolina? Sounds crazy I know but I have no resources as to how many WB's we have in SC.

Maybe some of you who have to miss the one in Tenn can make this one.

Whatever it takes!!!!

Ewker
05-25-2007, 20:31
just take what we posted as the thread title and change it to Columbia ,SC

Shadowmoss
05-25-2007, 20:45
I will be there if you tell me which OCharlie's. I'm new to all this.

Shadowmoss

Rain Man
05-25-2007, 23:28
I'm going to try to be there... with some of my family members.

Thanks for stepping up and organizing this one, Ewker!

Ewker
05-28-2007, 14:38
I am going to stay with the 5:00 PM meeting time.

Shadowmoss, O'Charleys is in Brentwood. It is basically at Old Hickory Blvd and Franklin Rd behind the Brentwood Grill. You can see the sign from that intersection

So far we have the following hoping to be there:

Ewker
Shadowmoss
Rain man and family?

SawnieRobertson
05-28-2007, 15:50
All this time, previous dinner at O'Charley's and the one soon to happen, I have thought that you were talking about the Brentwood, Tennessee, close to Knoxville. I'm just "up the road" (I-81) in Virginia. It sounded "do-able," and I was looking forward to it. A little inquiry of MapQuest, however, tells me that there are TWO Brentwoods, and it didn't take much to figure out which one you were talking about. Oh, Shucky-Darns!--Kinnickinic

Turtle2
05-28-2007, 20:31
Hey Guys! I've been looking forward to another date in Nashville as I've missed the Jan and Feb get togethers. Unfortunately, can't make this one either. I'm headed to finish the last 291 miles of the trail and leaving on Sunday. Someday I'll meet everyone.

I missed the March and April possibles, so if something after June comes up, please PM me.

Thanks.

karo
05-28-2007, 20:50
I don't expect anything going on June 16th, so I'll try to make it Ewker. BTW we had a great time at Mt. Rogers this weekend. The grandkids of Little Bit's did great and I think we taught them a few things about life.

Rain Man
05-29-2007, 11:41
Hey Guys! I've been looking forward to another date in Nashville as I've missed the Jan and Feb get togethers. Unfortunately, can't make this one either. I'm headed to finish the last 291 miles of the trail and leaving on Sunday. Someday I'll meet everyone.

I missed the March and April possibles, so if something after June comes up, please PM me.

Turtle2, the really simple solution is for you to organize the next one!!! ~wink~ That way, you can pick a date and place that suits you best, and then it's up to others to attend. What do you say?

Enjoy your hike. I'm jealous!

Ewker
06-07-2007, 15:08
since it is a little over a week away thought I would bump it back to the top

pokeyhontas98
06-08-2007, 12:00
You're in between the SoRuck and the PARuck, but if you come to either, you gotta bring da Mellencamp with ya :D

Hey StarLyte I just read your post, I have been taking care of my sister this summer ,she is bed ridden, and have been reading less here on Whiteblaze :(.
Mellencamp hmmm. I hear he's hiding out with da cat.

karo
06-08-2007, 12:22
I rechecked my schedule and I am leading a hike to Roan Mt. that weekend. Unless we cancel that trip I can't amke it to O'Charleys. Maybe I can plan the next night out.

Ewker
06-08-2007, 12:55
I am going to cancel this get together. It is Fathers day weekend so some folks may have plans already. Maybe next time

Ewker
06-11-2007, 12:16
ok, after this past weekend I was told to put this back on.

So as of right now we will meet this coming Sat June 16th at O'Charleys in Brentwood at 5:00 pm

Please let me know if you are going to make it.

I will probably not get in touch with O'Charleys about reserving a table for us unless a lot more people say they are coming.

As of right now the following are showing up

Neo
Shadowmoss
Ewker

Rainman, are you still planning on coming with your family??

Shadowmoss
06-11-2007, 20:11
Yipee. I'm glad I don't have to do my Guido impersonation on you after all.

Rain Man
06-11-2007, 21:26
I will plan to attend, yes, but my family is out of town, so I'll be alone. Oh, might be a tad late, as I do have to make an airport run.

Thanks again for arranging this dinner.

Shadowmoss
06-12-2007, 18:09
Woot! I get to have dinner with 3 hiker men! Woot!