PDA

View Full Version : curious about the women...

copythat
01-11-2007, 19:16
...'s hiking forums. :-?

"This is for female hikers only to discuss female issues"

i try to read everything on this marvelous w.b. thing, so yeah, i read the women's forums, too, but why do so many of my fellow testosteronians post there?

and how do the women feel about it? :confused:

when i need advice on equipment for my daughters, i go to general gear discussions, or reviews, or whatever. i'm sure women read that, too, right? now, maybe if i needed advice on how my kids would deal with their periods on a long hike ... :eek:

Cuffs
01-11-2007, 19:23
I certainly dont mind them men's input, or questions. There may be a piece of gear/clothing/cooking/whatever that will fit my needs. If a guy has that answer, then please speak up! I have also read many mens posts about looking for gear for their significant others, or even just how to get them into hiking.

Yes, I think we women have some "delicate" issues to discuss in private, but at the same time, a man may just hold the answer (who'd a thunk it!!)

dixicritter
01-11-2007, 19:33

"This is for female hikers only to discuss female issues"

i try to read everything on this marvelous w.b. thing, so yeah, i read the women's forums, too, but why do so many of my fellow testosteronians post there?

and how do the women feel about it? :confused:

when i need advice on equipment for my daughters, i go to general gear discussions, or reviews, or whatever. i'm sure women read that, too, right? now, maybe if i needed advice on how my kids would deal with their periods on a long hike ... :eek:

When we first set up the female hikers forum, the intent was to make it a closed forum for ladies only. Yes you can imagine the hoop and holler that caused, so we abandoned that idea and left it open for all to see with the understanding that the guys had to leave their Neanderthal behaviors outside that forum or be banned from it. To date only one person forced that issue. :)

copythat
01-11-2007, 20:00
When we first set up the female hikers forum, the intent was to make it a closed forum for ladies only. Yes you can imagine the hoop and holler that caused, so we abandoned that idea and left it open for all to see with the understanding that the guys had to leave their Neanderthal behaviors outside that forum or be banned from it. To date only one person forced that issue. :)

wait a minute ... we can't ALL be that well behaved! :eek:

dixicritter
01-11-2007, 20:20
wait a minute ... we can't ALL be that well behaved! :eek:

I said "to date"... LOL. Most of you guys listen rather well in there, I've been very impressed I must say!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-11-2007, 20:25
The fellows must be so well behaved because of that big ol' dino with sharp pointy teeth that nips toes.. I've heard that vicious critter hangs out in the female forum.

Programbo
01-11-2007, 20:48
I try and avoid posting on the female forum as I assume most of the threads will be things that are strictly female (hygiene,leg shaving,where to get hiking skirts,etc).But sometimes on the main page in the little thing where you can see recent posts you`ll see one asking about equipment or asking a general question about why guys do a certain thing (which it seems guys would be best to answer) and when you click on it you find it`s in the female forum...As someone who`s spent many a year studying the differences in the male and female thought processes and the different reactions to the same input stimulus (For reasons I shall not go into here :cool: ) I sometimes have a different take than most of the guys

copythat
01-11-2007, 20:58
... sometimes on the main page in the little thing where you can see recent posts you`ll see one asking ... about why guys do a certain thing ...

uh oh. you're suggesting that guys might actually know why guys do certain things? NOW this thread belongs in 'hiking humor!' :rolleyes:

dixicritter
01-11-2007, 21:01
I've heard that vicious critter hangs out in the female forum.

I'm not that vicious I swear :eek: ;)

Ok maybe a little bit. :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-11-2007, 21:03
::: gives Dixie her very own tooth file :::

Fiddleback
01-11-2007, 21:09
Gee...what have I missed? When it was declared that the sub-forum would be female only I didn't bother to read or contribute. Those on another forum didn't seem to be so restrictive and male participation in the sub-forum is common so I get in touch with my feminine side there at Backpacker when necessary. Now I hear males are permitted here on White Blaze. Another blow to the heart of Dark Forces everywhere!!

But there still seems to be some confusion about what makes up the differences and the need for discussion of 'female things.' Afterall, I remember plenty of posts (maybe not on WB) about males wearing hiking skirts and kilts and shaving legs. But I'm not sure the same males did both...:D One guy even posted he thought that shaving legs was a pain in the butt...but I think he was doing it wrong or, at the least, shaving too high.;)

FB

copythat
01-11-2007, 21:45
my favorite invasion was in a thread titled 'how to lose a guy on the at.'

plenty of guys chimed in with advice on how to get rid of OTHER guys who might be creepy or maybe just presumptuous and hitting on female hikers, and they presented heartfelt treatises on the male species, but nobody offered guidance on how to get rid of THEM, either on the trail or in the thread. :-? don't get me wrong ... i'm not suggesting that we here at w.b. need to be gotten rid of! i just found the whole thing amusing. but then i'm easily amused, and by very odd things. ;)

i'm going to shut up now. i think i'm getting into trouble.

in fact, i think i'm ALREADY in trouble. :eek:

Bravo
01-11-2007, 21:50

but why do so many of my fellow testosteronians post there? :eek:

Because WE know BEST of course!!!:D

:eek: Ducking for cover.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-11-2007, 21:57
Too late, Bravo CHOMP ::: Cleans sock lint from corner of mouth :::

Bravo
01-11-2007, 22:09
Too late, Bravo CHOMP ::: Cleans sock lint from corner of mouth :::

OUCH!!!:p Dinos are mean animals.

Heater
01-11-2007, 22:12
uh oh. you're suggesting that guys might actually know why guys do certain things? NOW this thread belongs in 'hiking humor!' :rolleyes:

Uhmm. Look at his profile. If the Louis/Sara nametag doesn't clue you in, check his website. http://hometown.aol.com/saratginmd/ :confused:

NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT! :confused: :D

Heater
01-11-2007, 22:14
Uhmm. Look at his profile. If the Louis/Sara nametag doesn't clue you in, check his website. http://hometown.aol.com/saratginmd/ :confused:

OK. Sorry Programbo...

I am going to bed now.

The Old Fhart
01-11-2007, 22:15
Dixicritter-"I said "to date"... LOL. Most of you guys listen rather well in there.........."I'm sorry, what did you say? :D

Heater
01-11-2007, 22:17
There is no excuse for that.

Trillium
01-11-2007, 22:47

NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT! :confused: :DI wondered when I saw the purple font, it was really confusing; now I understand.

Blissful
01-11-2007, 22:52
Hey, I'm thankful guys have been in on the ladies forum. One of them made me a sack pack from the "purse" thread. :) As long as the conversation stays civil and helpful and doesn't cut when we seek answers. :)

copythat
01-11-2007, 23:03

you're right, there isn't. :)

Programbo
01-11-2007, 23:16
I wondered when I saw the purple font, it was really confusing; now I understand.

Don`t make me come in there!

Programbo
01-11-2007, 23:20
Don`t make me come in there!

Just kidding of course..Now back to the original thread :)