PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo Eneloop AA/AAA batt

Franco
01-12-2007, 05:00
I have been testing the Sanyo Eneloop Ni Mah batteries, AA and AAA for the last four weeks. The AAA got the winter test, had them inside the freezer for a week and tested them every night inside the Eos headlamp. My freezer works at -15C about 2F. They could not put the full power out after the third day but still worked and recovered when they warmed up.
The AA are inside a Canon A430. According to the instruction book with the 2700Mh Ni Mah I should get 300 shots. I am up to 400 taking 10 pics at the time. Camera on , 3 shots,zoom in 4 shots with flash, zoom back, another 3 shots. Review a few shots.
If you are not familiar with this, standard AA Ni Mah will self discharge in three to five weeks, according to Sanyo the Eneloop will retain 90% of the charge after 6 months. Mine were manufactured and factory charged last June, so I can believe their claim.
Franco

Footslogger
01-12-2007, 10:01
I have been testing the Sanyo Eneloop Ni Mah batteries, AA and AAA for the last four weeks. The AAA got the winter test, had them inside the freezer for a week and tested them every night inside the Eos headlamp. My freezer works at -15C about 2F. They could not put the full power out after the third day but still worked and recovered when they warmed up.
The AA are inside a Canon A430. According to the instruction book with the 2700Mh Ni Mah I should get 300 shots. I am up to 400 taking 10 pics at the time. Camera on , 3 shots,zoom in 4 shots with flash, zoom back, another 3 shots. Review a few shots.
If you are not familiar with this, standard AA Ni Mah will self discharge in three to five weeks, according to Sanyo the Eneloop will retain 90% of the charge after 6 months. Mine were manufactured and factory charged last June, so I can believe their claim.
Franco

==================================

Don't have any side-by-side comparison data with the Sanyos but I am getting excellent results from the PowerEx 2700 MaH Nimh batteries. Take about 2 hours to recharge and that includes a conditioning phase that fully drains the batteries before re-applying the charge.

'Slogger