PDA

View Full Version : Gossamer Gear Mariposa Bacpack

Footslogger
01-12-2007, 11:39
Requesting feedback from hikers here on Whiteblaze who have personal experience with the Mariposa pack ...specifically those who have carried it with loads over 30 lbs.

Thanks in advance,

'Slogger

Marta
01-12-2007, 11:50
I carried a Mariposa Plus from Katahdin to the Shenadoahs. At that point I switched summer for winter gear, my total packweight got up towards 30 pounds. Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Mariposa for more than 25 pounds.

Footslogger
01-12-2007, 11:56
I carried a Mariposa Plus from Katahdin to the Shenadoahs. At that point I switched summer for winter gear, my total packweight got up towards 30 pounds. Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Mariposa for more than 25 pounds.
============================

Thanks ...that's the exact type of feedback I'm looking for. Ran into somewhat the same problem when I first switched to the GG Vapor Trail. Loaded it up with about 30lbs of stuff and it sagged terribly. After getting it down to 24 - 26 lbs it carried like a dream.

Saw that the Mariposa was rated for loades "UP TO 30lbs" (kinda like the Vapor Trail) and figured that might be a tad exaggerated.

'Slogger