PDA

View Full Version : AT Lodge in Millinocket

Ole Man
01-14-2007, 00:26
NaviGator and I would like to announce to the hiker community that we will be the new owners of the AT Lodge and the Appalachian Trail Cafe in Millinocket. After completing my AT journey this is the next big adventure for us. A lot of you know we have been at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega for the last 2 hiker seasons and we are very excited to have a "hiker place of our own". We look forward to serving hikers as they begin or end their journey. The lodge will have a hostel bunkroom & private rooms. We also have a kitchenette suite. We will offer shuttles.

We will be updating the website for the lodge soon.

We will be back at the Hiker Hostel this year before going to Maine and we look forward to seeing old friends and meeting this years dreamers.

Frosty
01-14-2007, 01:08
NaviGator and I would like to announce to the hiker community that we will be the new owners of the AT Lodge and the Appalachian Trail Cafe in Millinocket. After completing my AT journey this is the next big adventure for us. A lot of you know we have been at the Hiker Hostel in Dahlonega for the last 2 hiker seasons and we are very excited to have a "hiker place of our own". We look forward to serving hikers as they begin or end their journey. The lodge will have a hostel bunkroom & private rooms. We also have a kitchenette suite. We will offer shuttles.

We will be back at the Hiker Hostel this year before going to Maine and we look forward to seeing old friends and meeting this years dreamers.Aw right, way to go, you guys. Good luck and let us know when you are open. If I can get free I'll get up there for a weekend visit!

Best,
Frosty

Pokey2006
01-14-2007, 04:39
Welcome back to New England!

KG4FAM
01-14-2007, 07:39
Let me get this straight. You are going to to see everyone off in the spring and then get them home at the end. That is awsome. The people that owned it before were great (I cant remember names) and I hate to see them leave, but I know it is time for them to relax and retire.

Touch of Grey
01-14-2007, 08:08
Looking forward to seeing you in 50 some days now as I get ready to leave for my NOBO and then good lord willing seeing you again after I reach Katahdin. Too cool that you are able to do something like that!

TOG

TJ aka Teej
01-14-2007, 12:24

We will be back at the Hiker Hostel this year before going to Maine and we look forward to seeing old friends and meeting this years dreamers.

:welcome to WhiteBlaze, Ole Man!
Let us know when you're ready to have details about the AT Lodge posted to the ATC's Companion Update page, and I'll get it up asap.

Grampie
01-14-2007, 12:29
Good luck on your new venture. Stayed there in 2001 and enjoyed both places. It's great that someone will keep it going.:)

Jack Tarlin
01-14-2007, 14:43
This is very exciting and very welcome news!

Congratulations and best of luck!

Fly By Mike
01-15-2007, 11:19
Congratulations Ole Man and NaviGator! The AT Cafe is my favorite breakfast place in Millinocket and waitress Deb is a buddy of mine (even though she's a damn Yankees fan). Let me know when you get back up there and I'll call in with a personal welcome. I'm very excited that you've chosen to invest in this area. Its a great place and will see better times again without doubt. I'd also love to see more hikers spending more time in the area - maybe we can organize a hiker get together there. I think Katahdin should be the place for at least one hiker event each year. Wouldn't it be fun to have everyone come back and hike the big K again?

Grampie
01-15-2007, 11:29
. I think Katahdin should be the place for at least one hiker event each year. Wouldn't it be fun to have everyone come back and hike the big K again?

You are so right. It would be a great place for a hiker get togethet. One problem..It's so far away.:(

Fly By Mike
01-15-2007, 18:27
You are so right. It would be a great place for a hiker get togethet. One problem..It's so far away.:(

Grampie that is true..... I've heard it so many times. Every summer I invite numerous people to come visit this magnificent piece of Maine and most of them say the same thing. Particularly those that don't come. But the ones who do come never regret the time it took to get here and are never in a hurry to go home!

Ole Man
01-15-2007, 18:40
We were in Millinocket last week and spoke with the local Chamber of Commerce about moving to the area. The woman there told us there was a renewed interest by some to have a festival. There was at one time an End of the Trail Festival and just recently the topic was brought up at a meeting. We offered our help in any way.. That would be great to see alot of our hiker friends in Millinocket.

Just for info...while we were in Millinocket we learned that the local taxi went out of business effective 1/1/07.

urhere
01-17-2007, 17:16
Congratulations Ole Man and NaviGator!!! I'm looking forward to my next trip to Millinocket. I sincerely can't thank you enough for all of your help and encouragement at the start of my '06 hike.

ferryman
01-17-2007, 18:33
Welcome to Maine's Millinocket region. Lots of logging traditions and natural beauty including that Big K you can see out your door yard. We are looking forward to the 07 hiking season at the Kennebec River ferry which starts May 18 and ends on Oct 8, 2007. We wish you both the best of luck and we'll see you in a few months. Steve Longley 1603 US Rte 201, The Forks Plantation, Maine 04985 phone 207-663-4441

ATSeamstress
01-17-2007, 19:15
Congratulations Ole Man and Navigator!

mrc237
01-17-2007, 19:34
Best Of Luck!!!!!!!!!!

neighbor dave
01-17-2007, 19:55
:-? Maine...... the only state in the united states wif a one syllable name!!:welcome

Ole Man
02-17-2007, 00:00
Just wanted to let everyone know that the new and improved website is up and running...needs a few adjustments but for the most part it has enough info to get us started. We look forward to this hiker season. Check us out at www.appalachiantraillodge.com (http://www.appalachiantraillodge.com)

We will be in Maine around May 1.:sun

TJ aka Teej
02-17-2007, 00:35
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=1126

Until you paint her a new color I guess this ole pic is still good! :D

Kaptain Kangaroo
02-17-2007, 00:44
Congratulations Ole Man & Navigator. Can't think of a better way to end a thru-hike than to enjoy your hospitality !

Cheers,

Kaptain Kangaroo