PDA

View Full Version : Best traits in a female hiking partner?

Desert Lobster
01-14-2007, 12:13
I have had quite a few women ask to be my hiking partner for spring 2007. What attributes should I focus on to help narrow the list?

Michele
01-14-2007, 12:32
Oh god....I can't imagine the answers you're going to get on this thread. Don't you think only you could answer that? None of us know you're style, etc. right? :)

4eyedbuzzard
01-14-2007, 12:38
Best traits in a female hiking partner?
I have had quite a few women ask to be my hiking partner for spring 2007. What attributes should I focus on to help narrow the list?

Being there.:)

The Old Fhart
01-14-2007, 12:55
Desert Lobster-"I have had quite a few women ask to be my hiking partner for spring 2007. What attributes should I focus on to help narrow the list?"I suggest you and Minnesota Smith get together for the selection process.:rolleyes:

copythat
01-14-2007, 13:12

check for roe.

saimyoji
01-14-2007, 13:13
Best traits:

1) No sniveling
2) No sniveling
3) No sniveling

saimyoji
01-14-2007, 13:17
Best traits:

1) No sniveling
2) No sniveling
3) No sniveling

BTW These are traits I'd look for in any hiking partner, regardless of how curvy they were. :banana

skeeterfeeder
01-14-2007, 13:23
check for roe.
That was funny on many levels, especially if you consider that trolling might be involved.

Lilred
01-14-2007, 14:31

I'll believe this when He!! freezes over.:rolleyes:

virtualfrog
01-14-2007, 16:15
1) No sniveling.
2) If their walking in front can...inspire...me to keep following. :D :D :D

Bloodroot
01-14-2007, 16:24
Huh? Maybe we can make a reality series out of this, "Who Wants to Hike with Desert Lobster"? Line em up, get a good feel for them, and pick the lucky woman. Hell I even throw in the prize, an all exclusive nights stay in Hawks Mountain shelter?

You wouldn't be a subspecies from another Crustacean on this website would you? Just kidding...:)

Fannypack
01-14-2007, 16:26
I know that many of the remarks made in this thread by men are not remarks that they would make to their wife, daughter or mother -- think about it

Am I correct in saying that Desert Lobster is a male, if so I feel (my opinion) u have stepped outside of the bounds of good taste when u initiated this thread... actually some persons may call it "trolling"

I guess u do have 3 chances...........

thx for listening to my thoughts

Mr. Clean
01-14-2007, 16:35
Don't worry too much, Lobster is just trying to get a rise out of folk.

Desert Lobster
01-14-2007, 16:54
Not wanting too disappoint too many of the potential candidates, maybe I should just take more than onw with specific skills:

1. one for carrying the heavy stuff, fire making, firewood collecting, etc.
2. one for cooking, sewing, etc.
3. one for dancing and singing and other activities to give the other hikers some excitement at shelters. Why should I have all the fun?
4. one doing massage and other activities to keep up my mental and physical well-being
5. one to replace #4 when she gets tired

Bloodroot
01-14-2007, 17:17
I guess I was right...subspecies of another Crustacean here on WB

Peaks
01-14-2007, 17:45
Is this something like the old want add for a woman: Must be able to hunt and fish. Must have boat and motor. Please send picture of boat and motor.

Programbo
01-14-2007, 17:55

If you are using this narrowing process and the following hike as a means of choosing a mate then that`s a whole other story..If however it is simply to find a "hiking partner" for this trip, aside from the one obvious reason, why limit the choice to female?

Footslogger
01-14-2007, 18:10
I just checked with my wife (BadAss Turtle) who also happens to be my hiking partner and best friend. Her answer ...FLEXIBILITY and PERSERVERANCE. She added, that the traits in a female hiking partner are/should be the same as for any hiker, regardless of gender.

'Slogger

Lion King
01-14-2007, 18:13
Umm, lets see...

Willingness to 'chase off bear' in the middle of the night.
Must love me even when I stink.
Must like walking
Must like zeros
Must like retrieving water
Must be aroused by the smell of deet
Must like giving foot rubs
Must carry smoke/or smoke/or at the minimum not have a problem with it
confrontational a plus

of course most of these are jests.

Most

rafe
01-14-2007, 18:48
...especially if you consider that trolling might be involved.

When Lobsta starts a thread, it's a given.

Toolshed
01-14-2007, 19:44
I'd like her to have legs. Legs are good. Arms would be nice too - Helpful for keeping the pack from sliding off.... But then again, I don't want to set my standards to high.

Gray Blazer
01-14-2007, 19:58
I'd like her to have legs. Legs are good. Arms would be nice too - Helpful for keeping the pack from sliding off.... But then again, I don't want to set my standards to high.
Got the old beer goggles on, Toolshed? I thought this thread would be full of locker room talk by now. I'm proud of you guys.

virtualfrog
01-14-2007, 20:15
1) No sniveling.
2) If their walking in front can...inspire...me to keep following. :D :D :D

The other option for me is somebody who can inspire me to greater speeds when she's walking behind me - trying to run away from her, and all.

saimyoji
01-14-2007, 20:22
The other option for me is somebody who can inspire me to greater speeds when she's walking behind me - trying to run away from her, and all.

Chasing you up the trail, as it were?

Egads
01-14-2007, 20:51
It helps if she can find the "Happy Trail"

ozt42
01-14-2007, 22:25
bad eyes and no sense of smell...