PDA

View Full Version : Insulated jockstrap?

walktard
01-14-2007, 17:56
Hi all,

The last week of March or the 1st week of April I'm planning on getting back on the AT at Waynesboro, VA and heading north from there. What kind of weather/temperature extremes can I expect to encounter? I'm not too worried about daytime temps and conditions, but more on how cold is it going to potentially get at night. Thanks for your help.

PJ 2005
01-14-2007, 20:08
take a wool hat, a fleece, and a 20 degree bag.

Waynesboro
01-14-2007, 22:31
Hi all,

The last week of March or the 1st week of April I'm planning on getting back on the AT at Waynesboro, VA and heading north from there. What kind of weather/temperature extremes can I expect to encounter? I'm not too worried about daytime temps and conditions, but more on how cold is it going to potentially get at night. Thanks for your help.

Hey Walktard. I live in Waynesboro. We have been having a very mild winter, so far. Unfortunately, that doesn't say how things will be in late March. In normal circumstances, I would be ready for as cold as the teens at night, and since the trail runs along the crest of the mountains, the wind chill could take it down into the single digits. OR- our currently wimpy winter could continue and you might see nights in the upper thirties.;)

GB

Gray Blazer
01-14-2007, 22:55
I've walked in the South in march with shirt sleeves. Last March I camped at Rocky Bald and it snowed for 4 days Mar23-26. It was about 10 degrees on the mountain at night. Beautiful! Be prepared.

No Belay
01-14-2007, 23:19
Walktard, forget the insulated jock strap, to much weight. Just start applying Rogaine on the twins for several months and you'll be up for any cool weather, naturally.

Savor Happy
Stan

Jim Adams
01-15-2007, 10:08
Walktard, forget the insulated jock strap, to much weight. Just start applying Rogaine on the twins for several months and you'll be up for any cool weather, naturally.

Savor Happy
Stan
:banana didn't I see that on hair club for men?
geek