PDA

View Full Version : No Doctor in Duncannon!!!

mammabear
06-30-2003, 16:54
Hello,

Just wanted to inform people that Dr. Phautz, our local Dr. has passed on, leaving the town without services. I am checking on Marysville, but you might want to get any medical attention that you need before pulling into the town of Duncannon, Pa.

mammabear

SedentarySteve
07-01-2003, 08:13
Mammabear is correct, but there is the Duncannon EMS located 2.2 miles up the hill from the Legion and passed Mutzabaughs Market. The EMS can treat injuries and wrap wounds, ankles etc. Unfortunately, they cannot issue meds, i.e., no more flagil like Doc Phautz provided for Giardia. Doc will be missed. For the record, the EMS phone is (717) 834-5904. Perhaps the Doyle or some trail angels can setup an informal network to provide rides for emergencies.

mammabear
07-01-2003, 09:01
OOPS! Did you call before posting? When I called EMS, I was told they would not be able to help...due to the overflow of patients from Dr. Phautz. I will gladly help transport anyone who needs medical attention...but I still suggest getting treatment or prescriptions before Duncannon. If help is needed, I am not hard to find.

mammabear