PDA

View Full Version : Cheap source for Mountain House?

Yankee
07-01-2003, 11:05
Whats the cheapest source anyone has found for Mountain house foods on the net?

Also, any recipes to cleary avoid? Im sure there are some real stinkers... :banana

asmtroop3
07-01-2003, 12:19
Try that auction place...

Mountian House meals up for auction at that place (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=mountain+house&sr=y&from=R8&ht=1&combine=y)

Never bought them so I don't know how they compare in price.

Just FYI:-? :-? :-?

Blue Jay
07-01-2003, 12:35
I have yet to try a Mountain House product that I did not like. Individually they are expensive so buy bulk. There was a Shrimp meal that was on sale yesterday on their website.

Jumpstart
07-05-2003, 19:01
When we were planning our maildrops, we called Mountainhouse at the phone # on the website, and when we explained what we were doing, she offered to sell us #10 cans of whatever we wanted at wholesale prices. Might be worth a shot if there are particular things you think you'll eat a lot of...

kncats
04-28-2004, 15:25
Being retired from the military we get them pretty cheap on the local Air Force base, so that probably doesn't help you much (about half normal prices). As far as which ones to stay away from I heartily UN-recommend the ones that are polynesian anything. They have bonito (fish) extract in them and have a distinctly oily fishy taste to them. My wife wouldn't eat it at all and I could barely gag enough down to last me to breakfast. The lasagna though is fantastic.

orangebug
04-28-2004, 15:51
I've bought large cans of Mountain House stuff, especially as Y2K freaks had to sell their Armageddon supplies. These cans, along with vaccuum sealers, are a very reasonable way to purchase them.

Bill...

Ramble~On
04-29-2004, 05:37
Check out REI.com I think they are having a sale on them right now.

They usually give a discount for the more you buy as well.

StoveStomper
04-29-2004, 10:46
http://www.northernmountain.com/killer.asp

Scroll wayyyyyyyyy down the list for some MH on sale.

Cheers,
StoveStomper