PDA

View Full Version : Charity Hikers

Mini-Mosey
07-03-2003, 09:57
Two Alabama attorneys(husband and wife)who are hiking the AT this season were featured on the Tuesday evening news on WHAG from Hagerstown, Md. They are called "Moo" and "42". They are hiking to raise funds for the Child Welfare League of America. Of course, it was really exciting for me to see that since I love to backpack and also would love to do a long-distance charity hike someday myself.
Of course, there are many others who have and are now hiking for various worthwhile causes. One lady from Columbia, Md. is hiking the AT this season to raise funds to help those with brain injuries. And the most moving one that I know of right now is the hike for pancreatic cancer undertaken by Todd Pew and Sarah(Tenderfoot). Todd has pancreatic cancer, and he and Sarah started hiking the AT this spring. Unfortunately, the last I heard, Todd was off the trail to get his meds adjusted, but Tenderfoot is continuing on; they had agreed she would do this if Todd couldn't continue. Todd does hope to get back to the trail. They have a website; I believe it is athikeforhope.com.

asmtroop3
07-03-2003, 11:10
I'm still looking for people to join my team and do an urban hike for the Jimmy Fund Cancer Walk for Children.

Join my Team or Make a donation (https://www.jimmyfundwalkregistration.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=22672&lis=1&supId=5741195)

I hope Todd makes it back to the woods soon.
Good luck to all who help someone else in some way.