PDA

View Full Version : An Odd Request for Help

Forrest
01-17-2007, 19:07
I have been reading here for about the last two years and have been slowly getting back into hiking. Just day hikes right now and a few small peaks. Summer will bring the first family overnight and I can not wait. Based on reading this site I have built soda can stove and various small items to go with it such as a wind break and pot cozy. The information has been great and as I get more adventurous and plan to do sections of the AT I know that I will continue to benefit from this great site.

Now for the odd request. There is a site that has a great deal of local information about New England where I live. The site is titled "View From the Top." The problem is that registration is locked unless you are sponsored by a current member. I am hesitant to show up at an event as I do not want to find that I am a drag on more experienced hikers. Is there anyone from VFTT that is also a member here and would be willing to hook me up with a registration? Thanks

Forrest

Frequent reader
First time poster

TJ aka Teej
01-17-2007, 19:27
Forrest

Frequent reader
First time poster
:welcome to WhiteBlaze, Forrest!
I didn't know VFTT was screening new posters. It's a great site! Why not try contacting the site owner directly?

max patch
01-17-2007, 21:49
From the VFTT mod....

"In a perfect world, site membership would be wide open like it used to be. But life on the internet has gone steadily downhill. There are just too many people out there that just have way too much free time on their hands and use it to create way too much work for moderators."