PDA

View Full Version : Joyce Kilmer Webcam

generoll
01-18-2007, 10:52
This may be old news to some of you, but I just discovered that there is a webcam giving views of the Joyce Kilmer area from a ridgeline to the north of Andrew.

http://www.fsvisimages.com/joki1/joki1.html

That's the link if anyone cares to look.

Ewker
01-18-2007, 11:05
thanks, I bookmarked it in my webcam folder

ed bell
01-18-2007, 12:55
Thanks, gene. I didn't know about that one. Not much to see today.

Tipi Walter
01-18-2007, 14:11
Phew, I thought they might've caught me taking a leak on the Hangover but the webcam's just too far away. Or IS it? Ha ha ha.

Ramble~On
01-19-2007, 05:32
This may be old news to some of you, but I just discovered that there is a webcam giving views of the Joyce Kilmer area from a ridgeline to the north of Andrew.

http://www.fsvisimages.com/joki1/joki1.html

That's the link if anyone cares to look.

No, I didn't know about this one...thank you very much for sharing this.
This will come in very handy. Now instead of wondering what the weather's doing over there I can just take a look.
Does anyone know how long this camera has been up ?

And there's one for Shinging Rock too...I wonder if that's coming from Mt. Pisgah or Cold..
it's 4:34 in the morning so it's kinda hard to tell in the dark.

Ramble~On
01-19-2007, 05:49
:eek: I just went through the image library for the camera viewing Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock and now realize that Big Brother was watching me....three times a day....everyday I was there !!!

Rhine Ice at 0900 on the 17th is a good shot and the 3pm photo on the 9th pretty clearly shows that we weren't having fun driving back into North Carolina on the Cherohala....

Creepy Uncle
01-25-2007, 02:10
And there's one for Shinging Rock too...I wonder if that's coming from Mt. Pisgah or Cold..
it's 4:34 in the morning so it's kinda hard to tell in the dark.

you're kinda right. it's from pisgah at cold mountain. shining rock's not even in the picture.

Ramble~On
01-27-2007, 04:25
you're kinda right. it's from pisgah at cold mountain. shining rock's not even in the picture.

Yeah, I didn't go through the library on this camera and when I first looked at it at night it wasn't too easy to tell in the dark.