PDA

View Full Version : Over mitten

LIhikers
01-19-2007, 16:00
I've been looking for a simple, light weight, mitten to put on over my fleece gloves. All I want to do is keep the wind and rain from my fleece gloves. I cant seem to find anything with no insulation in it, do any of you know of such a mitten or am I going to have to learn to sew?

Old Grouse
01-19-2007, 16:15
I'm looking for the same - an unlined sil-nylon overmitt with maybe either some velcro or elastic at the wrist. Moonbow offered to run me up a pair for $30.00. I also asked Fiddlehead at Adventurelite, and he promised to get back to me but hasn't yet. Maybe if he gets more inquiries....

Footslogger
01-19-2007, 16:19
I've been looking for a simple, light weight, mitten to put on over my fleece gloves. All I want to do is keep the wind and rain from my fleece gloves. I cant seem to find anything with no insulation in it, do any of you know of such a mitten or am I going to have to learn to sew?

===========================

Not much consolation, since they are no longer made, but OR used to sell something called the "Rain Mitt". I own them in 2 sizes. Best alternative I've seen lately is something made out of silnylon ...but I don't know if they are homemade or commerically sold.

Some outfitters might still have the OR's in stock.

'Slogger

jlb2012
01-19-2007, 16:26
interesting - a new posting of a shell mitt for sale: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=306165&postcount=1

morgan
01-19-2007, 16:40
Several years ago I saw a pair of leightweight, nylon mitts in a runner's store in Charlotte (I think it was Run for Your Life).

bigcranky
01-19-2007, 22:23
Mountain Laurel Designs offered an eVent rain mitt as a pre-holiday item, and quickly sold out. I think that means there's a market for this sort of thing, and I hope they will carry them as a regular item in the future.

For real winter I have a waterproof/breathable/taped seams overmitt, but that's probably more than you need for hiking.