PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Baghdad!

1SG Rock@Baghdad
07-09-2003, 02:20
I have tried to get on the site a couple of times over the last month. We have gotten limited internet access now, so at least I can keep up a little with what is going on back home. I am embaressed to admit I couldn't remember my password after all these months.

It is HOT here, it is over 110 daily, and it is always dry. I would kill for a mountain rain about right now! You folks back in the states that may be getting rain now don't know just how good you have it!

I want to thank everyone out there that has kept this site and mine going while I've been gone. Dixicritter and ATTroll have my appreciation.

I also want to thank the hikers out there like Rosaleen, AT Walker, Deb W, Highway, ATTroll, a couple of anonomous hikers, and others. I know I am forgetting some names right this second, they are on the tip of my tongue butI can't remember to save my butt right this second - I am truly sorry if I forgot to thank you. Instead of Trail Angles, these folks have been my Angles, sending me magazines, trail mix, home made dehydrated burritos, stoves, coffee, etc. An anonomous friend even renewed my ATC membership and had some extra ATC goodies sent over here. All of you are the reason I can go on patrol here and feel good about what my country stands for.

I hope to be back home soon, my goal is we make it back befor Thanksgiving. I'm already trying to figure out how to get to the very next Trail Days just to thank you guys and gals out there. Maybe I can get a both set up named "Come shake SGT Rock's Hand So He Can Thank You!".

Well, duty calls. Y'all do the right thing and keep on hiking. I plan to see you on the high ground some day!

SGT Rock - out.

steve hiker
07-09-2003, 03:16
Hang tight Sarge! Good to hear from you. When you get back maybe some of us here can organize a b'packing trip in the mountains to help you celebrate your return.

DebW
07-09-2003, 07:27
Hey Sarge, it's great to hear from you. Take care. And we'll look forward to seeing you in the mountain before too long.

wjseaman
07-09-2003, 08:10
Good luck and stay safe

jojo0425
07-09-2003, 10:02
SGT Rock,

We should be the ones thanking you.

Thank you!

icemanat95
07-09-2003, 10:42
Thanks Top!! Hope to hear you are back on home soil again soon.

Keep your powder dry and check six.

Hooah!!

ga>me>ak
07-10-2003, 10:26
Thank YOU, for allowing us to keep our freedom to go hiking adn be free

MedicineMan
07-11-2003, 12:39
Glad to hear you are OK Sgt. Engman, you are on our prayer list for a safe return home...once you get home you are on your own :)

Streamweaver
07-11-2003, 14:27
Howdy Sarge, Glad to hear you are doing ok!!! I hear its quite balmy(sp) over there right now! I guess you wont be needing any winter gear for awhile huh?LOL Take care and come back safe!!! Streamweaver

Mini-Mosey
07-12-2003, 16:51
Sarge: Even though I don't personally know you, my thoughts are always with you..particularly when more news concerning happenings in Baghdad are aired. I pray for you, and all the troops deployed over there, for a safe return. God bless all of you, and please give this message to your comrades over there.

TJ aka Teej
07-12-2003, 21:49
Thanks, Sarge. I appreciate what you are doing for us all!

asmtroop3
07-13-2003, 06:36
Semper Fidelis

Doc

Trail Yeti
07-19-2003, 12:27
SEMPER FI TOP!!! Hang in there, the trail is waiting for you when you get home! take care of your self and watch your six!

smokymtnsteve
07-19-2003, 19:17
godspeed rock...my oldest son just enlisted, ARMY .... we are hiking for two months before his ship date....

1SG Rock@Baghdad
07-22-2003, 04:06
Thanks eveyone. HOI just sent me a new package that doubled my hotsauce collection. I've got a "Hot sauce library" set up so people can borrow them based on taste. The support we are getting over here from the folks on the homefront is tremendous.

smokymountainsteve, spend as much time enjoying that hike as possible. I would have loved to spent the last two months before my deployment hiking with my boys. Before I shipped in 1985 I got the chance to hike the Joyce Kilmer/Slickrock area for abouta week and loved it.