PDA

View Full Version : GA/NC overnite & dayhike partner

scope
01-21-2007, 15:48
Da wife says she doesn't want me hiking alone anymore. I tried to explain to her that you're never really alone out on the AT, but she insists on having a 'buddy' out there. So...

I'm looking for someone, anyone really regardless of experience (although it would be great to gleen from someone who's very AT experienced), who would like a 'buddy' for an AT hike in GA or s.NC. Time constraints right now are such that I only get out for a daytrip, and occassionally a 1-2 night trip on weekends. I'm looking to complete the half of GA that I have not done yet and then do some hikes in NC below GSMNP (might take that on next year).

I specifically want to do a dayhike over Blood Mt. using the Freeman Trail, a Neels to Woody Gap daykhike,an overnight trip from Dicks Creek Gap to Unicoi Gap, and lastly, a Gooch Gap to Amicalola hike to finish off GA. Would also like to do a dayhike on the Chunky Gal trail up to Muskrat Creek shelter and Ravenrock Ridge and a Standing Indian to Albert hike.

PM me to discuss.

p.s. any advice for the trips listed is welcome, especially great places to hammock camp.

MoodyBluer
01-21-2007, 19:13
I would be interested in hiking from base of Standing Indian (Deep Gap) over Albert Mtn if you want some company...I plan on hiking this section over to the NOC first week in May...

Gray Blazer
01-21-2007, 19:31
I'll be parking at Tellico Gap and Camping at Rocky Bald on mar30-31 cooking ham and eggs for thru-hikers and then going to Ron Haven's April Fool's Bash. Everyone from WB is welcome to come and hang out or help. I imagine I'll probably be alone like I was last year. I had the time of my life last Mar. Check out my photos in the gallery. I'd love it if you came by. My wife doesn't really like me going out alone either. If not this time, maybe we'll get together another. I intend to hike up Wesser very early one of those days to get some sunrise pics and the Nantahalas are easy to hike once you get up to Rocky Bald.

MOWGLI
01-21-2007, 22:53
Would also like to do a dayhike on the Chunky Gal trail up to Muskrat Creek shelter and Ravenrock Ridge and a Standing Indian to Albert hike.

PM me to discuss.

p.s. any advice for the trips listed is welcome, especially great places to hammock camp.

I led a day hike on the other end of the Chunky Gal Trail yesterday. We went up to the top of Tusquittee Bald. Click here (http://americanhiking.chattablogs.com/archives/044047.html) to view a trip report.

scope
01-22-2007, 10:34
I would be interested in hiking from base of Standing Indian (Deep Gap) over Albert Mtn if you want some company...I plan on hiking this section over to the NOC first week in May...

Thanks for responding, I may very well be interested in that, although my thoughts were that I wanted to complete GA with a sobo hike to Amicalola about that time. If I can't complete GA at that time, then I might like to join you and then finish off GA in the fall. I'll PM you by early April.

scope
01-22-2007, 10:36
I'll be parking at Tellico Gap and Camping at Rocky Bald on mar30-31 cooking ham and eggs for thru-hikers and then going to Ron Haven's April Fool's Bash. Everyone from WB is welcome to come and hang out or help. I imagine I'll probably be alone like I was last year. I had the time of my life last Mar. Check out my photos in the gallery. I'd love it if you came by. My wife doesn't really like me going out alone either. If not this time, maybe we'll get together another. I intend to hike up Wesser very early one of those days to get some sunrise pics and the Nantahalas are easy to hike once you get up to Rocky Bald.

Thanks for the invite. I'll keep this in mind and PM you in early March.

bobbyray
01-27-2007, 23:21
Hi. I see you live in Chamblee. I live in Dawsonville and am looking for a hiking partner to do NC, perhaps even "key" hike. I try to hike at least twice a month and am about 4 miles shy of completing Georgia.

Egads
01-28-2007, 00:02
What is "Key" hiking?

Egads

jimh
01-28-2007, 02:46
Going from Springer to Neel's Gap. Anyone care to tag along?

Jim/ 704.657.8454

Sly
01-28-2007, 03:23
What is "Key" hiking?

Egads

Probably when you arrange to leave cars at either end and swap keys in the middle. It's easy to miss people though so it's best bring two sets.

Mother Nature
01-28-2007, 12:43
Scope,

And any other WBer interested.

I am leading a local hiking club's Saturday hike up the Freeman Loop and over Blood Mountain on Feb 10, 2007.

Interested hikers can PM me for more particulars.

Mother Nature

scope
01-28-2007, 16:11
Probably when you arrange to leave cars at either end and swap keys in the middle. It's easy to miss people though so it's best bring two sets.

Te idea of a 'key' hike sounds goopd if that's what it is, but I don't think its what my wife had in mind. I like the idea of hiking solo, yet still being able to rendevous with a partner to check in with.

scope
01-28-2007, 16:12
"goopd"

that should be 'good'

scope
01-28-2007, 16:14
Going from Springer to Neel's Gap. Anyone care to tag along?

Jim/ 704.657.8454

Thanks for asking but I only have time for a dayhike Monday (I'm a banker!). Keep me in mind for future hikes.

scope
01-28-2007, 16:16
Hi. I see you live in Chamblee. I live in Dawsonville and am looking for a hiking partner to do NC, perhaps even "key" hike. I try to hike at least twice a month and am about 4 miles shy of completing Georgia.

I may take you up on that 'key hike' sometime. Next time I can get out I'll let you know. Maybe Monday Feb.19th?

bobbyray
02-08-2007, 23:03
I'm thinking about doing Stecoah Gap to Wesser on Sunday the 11th. Maybe go up Saturday night or leave very early Sunday morning. Are you up for it? Email me at [email protected] .