PDA

View Full Version : Montrail Hurricane Ridge Xcr

Bryan Mc
01-23-2007, 22:41
ive lightened up my load for my thru and i am also lightening up my footwear, but id like to stick to a waterproof trail runner. does anyone have any experience with the Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR? ive had the Montrail Masai's and i loved them so id like to stick to montrail and far away from bulky boots. anyone have any input on this shoe or recomend something similar?

thanks

Footslogger
01-23-2007, 23:15
ive lightened up my load for my thru and i am also lightening up my footwear, but id like to stick to a waterproof trail runner. does anyone have any experience with the Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR? ive had the Montrail Masai's and i loved them so id like to stick to montrail and far away from bulky boots. anyone have any input on this shoe or recomend something similar?

thanks

============================

If you can still get a hold of them ...and if they fit you well, I think you'd like the Montrail Java GTX. Used them during my thru in 2003 and bought several pair since then. 2 pair I actually bought from Mt Rogers Outfitters in Damascus via telephone.

Montrail has released the new Java XCR but I have no experience with that shoe.

'Slogger

Blue Jay
01-24-2007, 00:22
ive lightened up my load for my thru and i am also lightening up my footwear, but id like to stick to a waterproof trail runner. does anyone have any experience with the Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR?

By far my favorite shoe. I once got a 1000 miles on a pair.

the goat
01-24-2007, 01:02
ive lightened up my load for my thru and i am also lightening up my footwear, but id like to stick to a waterproof trail runner. does anyone have any experience with the Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR?

tis a phenomenal shoe, i've gotten almost 1K miles on a pair while carrying 50+ lbs. i can't say enough good things a/b their durability and comfort. i bought several pair for the pct this year.

bigcranky
01-24-2007, 18:03
I use the Hurricane Ridge as my winter hiking shoe. With tall gaiters and thin wool socks, it's great in the snow and muck. Nice shoe.

In warmer weather, I switch to a mesh trail runner (I had the Masai for a while, now it's the Salomon XA Comp) because they let my feet breathe and drain water.

chknfngrs
01-24-2007, 21:07
My only negative experience with these shoes (and previous XCR models) was w/o use of gaiters, water (dew, rain, etc...) would enter the foot from above the top of the shoe getting my feet wet. I learned that gaiters made the difference.