PDA

View Full Version : Ziplock Big-Bags

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-25-2007, 09:57
I was on the Ziplock site this morning and found that they have a new product - Ziplock big bags for storage (http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b8):
Large 1.25 ft. x 1.25 ft., 5 per box
Xtra Large 2 ft. x 1.7 ft., 4 per box
XXtra Large 2 ft. x 2.7 ft., 3 per box

Has anyone seen or used these? How heavy are they?

Mountain Maiden
01-25-2007, 10:06
I was on the Ziplock site this morning and found that they have a new product - Ziplock big bags for storage (http://www.ziploc.com/?p=b8):
Large 1.25 ft. x 1.25 ft., 5 per box
Xtra Large 2 ft. x 1.7 ft., 4 per box
XXtra Large 2 ft. x 2.7 ft., 3 per box

Has anyone seen or used these? How heavy are they?

They are fantastic! In fact, Queen Diva passed out many of them at SORUCK! Her brother is a plastics engineer and developed them!

Don't know the exact weight but, I would say they are proportionate in size/weight to ziploc freezer bags.

Quite Handy!!

Sunny aka Sunrise aka Cody Zamora :sun

peanuts
01-25-2007, 14:29
yes, i do have them. i use one to keep my night clothes and socks dry in my pack. i use the xxl to store things at home... great product and cheaper than storage boxes....:))
i got mine when dicks sporting good store opened. they were giving them as samples.....

hammock engineer
01-25-2007, 14:47
I saw commericals for them. They would make a good bag liner, or sleeping bag sack.

uscgretired
01-25-2007, 15:02
I got mine at Bass Pro Shop and they still carry them. They were located in the Outdoor department.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-25-2007, 15:13
Anybody know if they are carrying them in regular stores (Target, WalMart, etc.)? Since they are marketing them as household storage, it seems they would be sold in such places.

Webs
01-25-2007, 15:18
yea, these work very well! i was out for 3 weeks this summer and used one for my sleeping bag (which i would completely recommend--a little condensation is better than a chance of getting soaked from rain, b/c I don't really trust stuff sacks for waterproofing). it had plenty of creases, but I think it would have held out for another few weeks. i think i used the extra large. Oh, also we used them for hanging food at night--waterproof and the handles were strong enough to hold up the huge load of food usually (unless we had just stocked up) ;)

peanuts
01-25-2007, 16:12
target and wallyworld do carry them...wallyworld is in the aisle with all the zip and saran stuff. target i think has them in the houseware section the last time i was there.

hammock engineer
01-27-2007, 01:33
I saw the XL ones in Kroger yesterday. They were next to the other ziplock bags.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-27-2007, 06:59
Darn it, I was in a Kroger buying greens for the iguana yesterday before I saw this.