PDA

View Full Version : Approach Trail sites, etc.

scope
01-25-2007, 12:06
I'm looking to do a SOBO section from Woody Gap to Amicalola and would like info on campsites (besides Frosty and Black Gap shelter) on the approach trail. Also, any good sites between Justus Creek and Hawk Mt shelter?

Was looking at doing this trip late April - I know it will be crowded, overly so that I should consider another time?

Mountain Man
01-25-2007, 21:21
I'm looking to do a SOBO section from Woody Gap to Amicalola and would like info on campsites (besides Frosty and Black Gap shelter) on the approach trail. Also, any good sites between Justus Creek and Hawk Mt shelter?

Was looking at doing this trip late April - I know it will be crowded, overly so that I should consider another time?

They are a few on the Approach trail but no water except Frosty and Black Gap. One is at the top of the ridge coming south out of Nimbewill Gap. Frosty is not too good for camping as a road goes up to the top and is place for locals to party. They are a couple sites about a mile and a half to two miles south of Frosty but again no water. As for between Justus and Hawk Mt. this is a dry section but with a few campsites. One at the top of the ridge before decending down to Hightower Gap.