PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom

Programbo
01-26-2007, 21:14
I saw some old threads about a White Blaze chatroom and was wondering if anything had ever became of the idea...I know there are a number of Free sites that allow you to make your own chats..BraveNet etc...If there can`t be an "official" WB chat maybe someone can create and unofficial one somewhere?....Thoughts?

Bloodroot
01-26-2007, 21:18
Saw the same threads before. I think it's a great idea. But would it take away from Whiteblaze?

RiverWarriorPJ
01-26-2007, 21:27
This isn't permanent....but it's this easy...
WBChat (aol://2719:2-2-WBChat/)

cuatro
12-15-2007, 22:08
finally registered

cuatro
12-15-2007, 22:12
:banana

Jaybird
12-15-2007, 22:35
I saw some old threads about a White Blaze chatroom and was wondering if anything had ever became of the idea......BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.............

If the WB admin team had thought it was a GREAT idea...it'd be up & running.

Sly
12-15-2007, 22:43
I'm thinking of setting something up in either AIM or Skype (both free programs), maybe once a week for a couple hours.

I think both would allow text, voice and video. I already set up a conference with Skype for the night after Christmas. That should give me enough time to figure out what needs to be done.

I'll let you know.

PS. This would be independant of Whiteblaze.net but would be open to Whiteblaze members.

Programbo
12-16-2007, 18:14
I had forgotten this thread thanks for bringing it back...I think a chatroom would be a GREAT idea and that there would be people in there constantly... I am going to make one on a site I use all the time and see what happens..I`m sure it would all be how well it is promoted and how easy it is for people to use..The site I have in mind doesn`t require you to be a member of a specific instant messenger or IP..I shall post a main message once I am done

napster
12-16-2007, 18:26
Chat rooms that I have particapiated in seem to always have a underlined link to some MOFO sick sadisic site that you accidentlly click on and it hijacks yo puter and dilated yo pupils. Maybe its a lible reason that WB choose not to get involved. That said I thought about it to add on WB but how could ya keep the sickos out of chat?I feel that to do chat would be so full time , no more 501(c)
N......

Sly
12-16-2007, 20:43
Chat rooms that I have particapiated in seem to always have a underlined link to some MOFO sick sadisic site that you accidentlly click on and it hijacks yo puter and dilated yo pupils. ...

Thanks for the head-ups... :rolleyes:

Maybe its a lible reason that WB choose not to get involved. That said I thought about it to add on WB but how could ya keep the sickos out of chat?I feel that to do chat would be so full time , no more 501(c)
N...

501C? Whats that the shelter in PA?

SGT Rock
12-16-2007, 21:07
Generally we have decided a chat-room wouldn't be a good idea. the cool thing about WhiteBlaze is I can log in at 0200 (like I did this morning) and participate in a discussion that has been going on while I wasn't around. I get the benefit of learning from other people that I am not on line at the same time with. If you have a chat only the people that are in the chat get the chance to talk to each other about the subject. Add to that some of the most combative of our posters would probably be the ones that dominated the thing.

That said, anyone can get one of the IM/Chat programs like ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, etc and create their profile with that contact. People that are interested in chatting via one of these can see if the member is logged in and start a chat with them or schedule a chat on the "Hooking Up" forum.

For me, I prefer the forum and get togethers like next month's SORUCK.

Programbo
12-17-2007, 19:21
That said, anyone can get one of the IM/Chat programs like ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, etc and create their profile with that contact. People that are interested in chatting via one of these can see if the member is logged in and start a chat with them or schedule a chat on the "Hooking Up" forum..

The chat program I use for my Problem Gambling chatroom (If anyone here has a gambling problem send me a private message) doesn`t require having any specific IM program installed and it is open 24/7 so anyone can log into it just by clicking a link or saving it on the favorites and typing in their chosen User Name...I`ll mess with one this week

kayak karl
12-17-2007, 19:33
Generally we have decided a chat-room wouldn't be a good idea. the cool thing about WhiteBlaze is I can log in at 0200 (like I did this morning) and participate in a discussion that has been going on while I wasn't around. I get the benefit of learning from other people that I am not on line at the same time with. If you have a chat only the people that are in the chat get the chance to talk to each other about the subject. Add to that some of the most combative of our posters would probably be the ones that dominated the thing.

That said, anyone can get one of the IM/Chat programs like ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, etc and create their profile with that contact. People that are interested in chatting via one of these can see if the member is logged in and start a chat with them or schedule a chat on the "Hooking Up" forum.

For me, I prefer the forum and get togethers like next month's SORUCK.
id rather be chatted around on a thread then to miss out altogether:). keep it the way it is.

LIhikers
12-19-2007, 10:09
And then there's those of us who don't type fast enough to keep up with a chat session

JDCool1
12-19-2007, 13:24
Just clicked onto WBChat and I was all by myself. This message board is always active. I vote to stay with this. Slower, but more my speed.