PDA

View Full Version : Like Capilene, but not

humunuku
01-27-2007, 19:13
Anyone know of Capilene-like short sleave shirts that don't cost $30+ or where i might find Capilene the cheapest? thanks

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-27-2007, 19:31
The male dino uses a similar item (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_10/602-4342678-7463833?ie=UTF8&asin=B000LRB470&frombrowse=1)found at Target in the men's activewear.

Socrates
01-27-2007, 21:55
I just bought a t-shirt tonight for $20... by Visa Endurance... the type shirt might be called Transport... Hmm but you wanted capilene like for warmth?... Well this one says "odor fighting, moisture wicking, stain releasing, quick drying"... I bought it for summer months... Eh well, hope this helps...

Socrates
01-27-2007, 21:58
Crap, Okay, the company might actually be called Body Sensors, Terramar, or Visa Endurance... Why they gotta put so many stinkin names on a tag???

Whistler
01-27-2007, 22:08
You may want to investigate products under the Duofold and Wickers brands. Online discounters like Sierra Trading Post and Campmor would be good places to look for them. It's not terribly difficult to find synthetic Ts in the $8-15 range. And don't forget your local Wal-Mart, Target, Ross, Marshall's, etc.
-Mark

highway
01-28-2007, 07:43
Buy the Capilene. You need only do so once.

Like tires, the most expensive is most often the cheapest choice

The other choices I tried (duofold for one) either didnt last or pilled so badly I tossed them out.

i have two Capilene (Patagonia) Tees I can't wear out, it seems

TurkeyBacon
01-28-2007, 09:40
I've had good luck with just about anything that is synthetic. My originals came from a farm supply store but don't forget the Evil Empire or Kmart, or any other stores that you would not figure to carry real stuff. REI might be a little bit more expensive than duofold at campmor, but you get the idea, cheap stuff abounds.
TB

NICKTHEGREEK
01-28-2007, 10:00
Buy the Capilene. You need only do so once.

Like tires, the most expensive is most often the cheapest choice

The other choices I tried (duofold for one) either didnt last or pilled so badly I tossed them out.

i have two Capilene (Patagonia) Tees I can't wear out, it seems

Truth. The price you pay initially for some of the higher end brands is returned many times over in durability and performance. I've never been disappointed by Patagonia, and find enough on discount to make it doubly worth while. Incidentally, a light spray of febreeze after washing goes a long way toward fighting the funk issue shared by all capelene garments

saimyoji
01-28-2007, 23:08
Varitech by Duofold. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, doesn't hold any odors, but of course, some of us stink less than others. ;)

whitefoot_hp
01-29-2007, 12:30
athletic works brand at wal-mart, experience the precision of high end garmet engineering

Frolicking Dinosaurs
01-29-2007, 12:40
I have several Athletics Works (WalMart), one Under-Armour, one Patagonia, two Champion (Target), one Athletech (Kmart), three duofold (Campmor), one WB shirt and one JerZee (Dollar General) performance shirts. All get lots of wear.

Athletics Works, JerZee, Champion, Patagonia & WB have all been excellent shirts. Athletech was cheaply made - seams not even or well sown - cheap thread used. Under-armour works OK but 'picks' easily. Duofold works but looks awful due to pilling.

highway
01-29-2007, 14:14
I have several Athletics Works (WalMart), one Under-Armour, one Patagonia, two Champion (Target), one Athletech (Kmart), three duofold (Campmor), one WB shirt and one JerZee (Dollar General) performance shirts. All get lots of wear.

Athletics Works, JerZee, Champion, Patagonia & WB have all been excellent shirts. Athletech was cheaply made - seams not even or well sown - cheap thread used. Under-armour works OK but 'picks' easily. Duofold works but looks awful due to pilling.

drats. I just got 2 Underamour loose Tees to try. First impression is that they fit well in my L size, long enough to go below waist and they do wick extremely well. But what is/are "pick"s? I hope you don't mean little runs in the material, as in when they snag something.

Blissful
01-29-2007, 14:52
I've been in several outdoor shops here in VA and found the capilene on sale - 50% off. Just bought my hubby a pair of lightweight long underwear bottoms. Sometimes you need to be on the look-out for the deals.