PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hardware Hammer Head 2

Sparky!
07-16-2003, 20:39
As many of you may know I bought a Mountain Hardware Hammer Head 2 tent from a local outfitter. I went over the tent with a fine tooth comb and no problems were noted. A very spacious tent and very easy to set up. While putting it back in it's stuff sack I noticed a SMALL hole in the bottom. I called the outfitter where I bought it and explained my problem. The hole looks like where the bag was dragged over something rough. It surely wasn't me since I only put it up once and that was after I picked it up from the outfitter. I called the outfitters and they said did not have "extra" stuff sacks "laying around" to replace the one they sold me with a hole in it. So they gave me the option of either turning in the entire tent and wait three weeks for a entirely new tent to come in or I could just live with the hole. So much for buying from my local outfitter and thinking that it would be better if I had a problem with the tent.

So I told them I would think about it and get back with them. I then thought I would call Mountain Hardware direct... I did and they are sending me a new stuff sack, no questions, no problems, just had to give them my mailing address and I don't have to mail back my tent, the old stuff sack or any other hassles. I asked them if they wanted me to send them the old stuff sack and they said "no, just keep it"

MH has my two thumbs up in their warranty and customer service section.

Sparky!

happy_trails_01
07-17-2003, 08:26
I've experienced similar service from Mountain Hardwear. It's a pleasure to deal with companies like that.