PDA

View Full Version : warmlite tents??

Biloxi
01-30-2007, 00:21
do any of you have any opinions or expieriance with the stevenson warmlite tents.. seems very light and according to there web site, are very storm worthy any feed back would be appreciated..thx

rafe
01-30-2007, 00:32
I don't know much about their tents, but there are some very entertaining photographs in their online literature. :)

MedicineMan
01-30-2007, 01:10
I have been around several on multi day trips, the tents are awesome...when we did the Rae Lakes Loop this summer a former AT thru hiker had one and i got to examine it....it looked great post 2100ish miles and then some. If you can afford its a good choice.

waterboy99
01-30-2007, 11:43
We have two Warmlite tents, the 3R and 2R and they are exceptional. I can not think of a single complaint about either tent. I have used them in all types of weather and set them up in very high winds with no problems. Both tents have had quite a bit of use since 03 and are still in great shape.

doodah man
01-30-2007, 12:50
Donjuan70,
See my post on an earlier thread.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=271845&postcount=15
doodah-man

Johnny Swank
01-30-2007, 13:33
Slept in one once. Man those are some bomber tents! If I did more winter camping, I'd pony up for one in a heatbeat.

Minerva
01-30-2007, 14:16
do any of you have any opinions or expieriance with the stevenson warmlite tents..

In 1998, I bought a Warmlite 2R because it was lighter than the Bibler I Tent I own. The 2R is a great tent, light (just a wee bit less than 3 lbs), sturdy in the wind and snow, vents well, sets up easily and very roomy. It's my "party barge" tent because of the long foot print. Now they sell a 2C which is two feet shorter.

Becareful with the shock corded pole sections, they do burr easily. At least mine did. Maybe they changed the metal by now....almost a decade later.....
MrsGorp

bobsectionhikes2006
01-31-2007, 16:38
I used mine in the High Sierras this summer...had one night of extremely high wind...both my tent and I lived thru it....would recommend one in a heartbeat

"JB"
Bob Davies

Biloxi
01-31-2007, 16:46
thanks to all that replyed to this..was just wandering how they held up as apposed to the web sites claims...sounds like a good investment to me, should last a good long time, seems pretty light and packable, good space,good in snow,rain,wind..thanks:)

scout005
01-02-2008, 20:46
Are any of these tents free standing?

MOWGLI
01-03-2008, 08:17
I hiked 60 miles on the Colorado Trail with one in 2005, and all of the JMT with one in 2006. The tent probably adds 15 degrees and kept me toasty. My JMT partner is 6' tall. So am I. We slept comfortably next to one another with both of our packs INSIDE the tent. We had room to spare.

Great tent! We occasionally had condensation issues, but that was usually due to improperly ventilating the tent.

FWIW, I have borrowed the tent in the past. If I have some mad money one day, I'd purchase one in a heartbeat! You do need to be careful with campsite selection. The sil nylon is very thin and can puncture easily with a pine needle. I used tyvek as a ground cloth. I am finicky about campsite location normally, and even more so with the warmlite.

MOWGLI
01-03-2008, 08:17
They are not free standing.