PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Trailcast?

UK Pod Bob
01-30-2007, 06:09
I managed to track down Bob Butler of Trailcast fame for a podcast interview and thought I would share it with you all.

We talk about what happened to him, backpacking and about the future of podcasting.

Click here (http://backpackinglight.hipcast.com/deluge/4bd6f150-7c8e-4683-02a0-346db0066cce.mp3).

Hope you enjoy it and all the best folks,

Podcast Bob

Sly
01-30-2007, 07:33
New houses and love, they'll take up anyone's time... best of luck/love to Robert.

GlazeDog
01-30-2007, 09:34
Oh, how funny---I just emailed Miss Janet 5 minutes ago to enlist her help with tracking down Bob.

GlazeDog

Jan LiteShoe
01-30-2007, 09:52
I managed to track down Bob Butler of Trailcast fame for a podcast interview and thought I would share it with you all.

We talk about what happened to him, backpacking and about the future of podcasting.

Click here (http://backpackinglight.hipcast.com/deluge/4bd6f150-7c8e-4683-02a0-346db0066cce.mp3).

Hope you enjoy it and all the best folks,

Podcast Bob

Thanks for making the effort, and the info.
I have missed podcasts.

Jan LiteShoe
01-30-2007, 15:53
I wish he would have posted something on his site that he was taking a break from the podcasts, or at least answered the all emails people sent to him.:cool:

Just disappearing is kinda lame.

Probably life caught up with him, as it does all of us.
I doubt my tombstone will read "Got 'er all done."
:)

Jack Tarlin
01-30-2007, 16:39
People have an "obligation" to their websites?

Please.

People that are truly upset over this non-issue can start a Podcast site of their own.

But to call Bob "lame" is more than a little harsh.

He obviously has a life away from his computer.

More power to him.

Ender
01-30-2007, 16:46
It's a little different when you have a that you never update, or don't respond to emails.. hell, if i fell off tomorrow no one on this forum would miss me, in fact most would be happy to see me gone. I don't have a blog or a website- when you have those things, you have anwebsite obligation to tell your viewers, etc what's up if you lie low for a while..or at least answer your email. He did neither. LAME.

Thinking that people have an obligation to do anything to appease the masses just because they're curious is LAME.

GlazeDog
01-31-2007, 10:25
I was worried a little about Bob. Of course we got to know him some through his podcasts and I like the guy. I think we just want to hear he's doing well. Can someone take the Trailcast over, work it jointly, help him produce it if he interviews, etc. Someone, maybe me even, should continue this amazing e-venture Bob started so wonderfully---even if for just a while.

GlazeDog

Hawker
03-14-2007, 07:59
I wish he would have posted something on his site that he was taking a break from the podcasts, or at least answered the all emails people sent to him.:cool:

Just disappearing is kinda lame.

I think a quick note on his site to his listeners isn't unreasonable at all.
It's only courteous. He's not obligated to keep the podcast going or to share his life story...but posting a quick message would probably quell all the e-mails he had/is recieving.

I enjoyed his efforts and he seems like a nice guy, I wish him well.

Desert Lobster
03-14-2007, 11:10
Agreed! Not like a one minute post is that difficult.

Sly
03-14-2007, 11:32
Speaking of lame... just click on UK Bob's link and find out what happened yourselves.

Tacoda
03-14-2007, 23:09
ah good to see. a commercial pod cast corp looking for dollars talking with a a real outdoor podcast'r . oh we have so much to look forward to.

Sly
03-14-2007, 23:12
ah good to see. a commercial pod cast corp looking for dollars talking with a a real outdoor podcast'r . oh we have so much to look forward to.

So they have a couple commercials. Someone has to pay the bills.